First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have the civic 1.5T sedan (non-si & CVT) and the magna flow 19312 exhaust. I love the deep sound the exhaust makes, but after a few months I have noticed the exhaust is far too quiet.

I am thinking of getting the PRL catted front/downpipe v2 combo soon. Does anyone have both the magna flow exhaust and downpipe installed? How much louder is it?

And is there anything else I can do to get the car to sound louder while not sounding terrible?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
the front pipe/dp combo will definitely add noise and from what I read from others, it would most likely add the amount of noise you're looking for on your car. Would you be able to post a video whenever you do have your full exhaust as I also want something quiet but that you can still hear decently well. Also, any drone from the magnaflow cat back?

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sure thing will get a video when I have the front & downpipe installed. No drone for daily driving, and on the highway it is barely noticeable.

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure thing will get a video when I have the front & downpipe installed. No drone for daily driving, and on the highway it is barely noticeable.
I just installed my Magnaflow Exhaust on my 2018 Hatch Sport and love the deep tone it has, I get crackles when shifting which is awesome, I'm receiving a downpipe tomorrow which will be installed sometime this week, did you end up installing the DP/FP combo on you Car yet or is that still in the process?

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just installed my Magnaflow Exhaust on my 2018 Hatch Sport and love the deep tone it has, I get crackles when shifting which is awesome, I'm receiving a downpipe tomorrow which will be installed sometime this week, did you end up installing the DP/FP combo on you Car yet or is that still in the process?
Haven't bought that yet, ended up going for KTuner first. Feel free to post up a video once you get yours installed.

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't bought that yet, ended up going for KTuner first. Feel free to post up a video once you get yours installed.
yes will do! btw are your badges platy dipped black or did you buy them like that? as I am looking for some to put on my hatch, going for a stealth look.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes will do! btw are your badges platy dipped black or did you buy them like that? as I am looking for some to put on my hatch, going for a stealth look.
Bought it like that off Ebay, from memory I googled like black Honda badge / black chrome Honda badge. It was pretty cheap.

PRL front/downpipe v2 combo is out of stock, will be a few weeks before mine is delivered :'(

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought it like that off Ebay, from memory I googled like black Honda badge / black chrome Honda badge. It was pretty cheap.

PRL front/downpipe v2 combo is out of stock, will be a few weeks before mine is delivered :'(
So I have mine installed and my phone has terrible audio BUT expect, crackles and pops and 2 step when your over 6000 rpm, you won’t be disappointed

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I have mine installed and my phone has terrible audio BUT expect, crackles and pops and 2 step when your over 6000 rpm, you won’t be disappointed
I’m assuming your hatch is the manual transmission? We don’t get that option over here in Australia. Only CVT.

How’s the difference in loudness/volume?

Mine won’t be here for another week or two... but glad to hear that is sounds good!

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m assuming your hatch is the manual transmission? We don’t get that option over here in Australia. Only CVT.

How’s the difference in loudness/volume?

Mine won’t be here for another week or two... but glad to hear that is sounds good!
Yes it is! And it is significantly louder, you may not get the exact same sounds I am getting due to the different transmission but you won’t be disappointed! If I do get a decent audio of it I’ll post it here

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the front pipe/dp combo will definitely add noise and from what I read from others, it would most likely add the amount of noise you're looking for on your car. Would you be able to post a video whenever you do have your full exhaust as I also want something quiet but that you can still hear decently well. Also, any drone from the magnaflow cat back?
If you want quiet but still hear a good amount, I highly recommend this set up
Sponsored