98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I had a local shop install Magic Collar subframe collars. They're like Spoon rigid collars at more than half the price.

Honda Civic 10th gen Magic Collar Subframe Collars 20191104_124045

Magic Collar is a company out of Thailand who sells their collars on eBay. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/MagicCollar/.

During my drive from the shop to my house, I noticed the car feeling slightly stiffer. Running over the reflectors on the freeway, I could feel more of an impact. The car felt "heavier" in some way; as if there was less up and down travel. Maybe it is in my head, but the brake pedal feel was firmer and the steering felt tighter. I haven't had a chance to take the car around the corners but I am sure there is improvement there.

For those interested in the rigid collars but don't want to pay >$450 for the Spoon set, the Magic Collar set is budget friendly.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had a local shop install Magic Collar subframe collars. They're like Spoon rigid collars at more than half the price.

20191104_124045.jpg

Magic Collar is a company out of Thailand who sells their collars on eBay. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/MagicCollar/.

During my drive from the shop to my house, I noticed the car feeling slightly stiffer. Running over the reflectors on the freeway, I could feel more of an impact. The car felt "heavier" in some way; as if there was less up and down travel. Maybe it is in my head, but the brake pedal feel was firmer and the steering felt tighter. I haven't had a chance to take the car around the corners but I am sure there is improvement there.

For those interested in the rigid collars but don't want to pay >$450 for the Spoon set, the Magic Collar set is budget friendly.
Ive been running them for 4 days now. I feel the car more solid on bumps(specially on railroad cross sections), and on corners.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
How much was the install?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Will English installation instructions with torque amounts be included with the collars?
No idea - I’m not a vendor. I just organized enough interested parties to get us all a group discount. My gut says no though.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
How difficult are these to install with access to a lift? I saw some mention of having little room to work with when lowering the subframe.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How difficult are these to install with access to a lift? I saw some mention of having little room to work with when lowering the subframe.
I paid an Honda tech to do it. He did it on a lift with a roller jack to hold the subframe 1-2hrs labor

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
The instructions have the torque specs and pictures for installation,

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I get that people want more affordable parts, but I wouldn't support a company that rips off a patented part.

https://www.rigidcollar.eu/rigid-pa...d6DI8igqfyMgpJD8MzmCOW0LYn0I7APndBx0S2UB5OCM0
"There have been several companies attempting to replicate our product without success.

They are inferior and dangerous. The companies which have manufactured poor copies have used metals which are not fit for purpose as they do not compress and could cause the fixing bolts to loosen.

If a subframe came loose it would affect major steering, suspension and engine components which may lead to a serious accident and possibly death."

Last edited:

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Yikes. This thread turned into a dumpster fire real quick.

I was part of that group buy. I installed this on my garage floor. Do not recommend. Find a lift at all costs. Definitely one of the more harder installs I've done in my life (floor, by myself). I'm sure with a lift and buddy, it's a piece of cake.
Sponsored