First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to installing them recently and wow. I have a lift and air tools so the most difficult part was the plastic clips holding splash guard in. Every single one must have been filled with the ground up rock the rotors like to grind down.

Yeah, it’s a little off.
8CE04054-D0CB-4732-9161-3F6972D246C3.jpeg

A tip for the rear. Remove the 12mm bolt and detach the wire clip and hold back to give you some space so you don’t wreck the wires.
F783845E-758A-470D-8514-9E9284D6EF06.jpeg

I was surprised the car still drives straight. If anyone had an alignment afterwards, I’d be interested in the before and after.
As other’s have said, it really improves the handling.
Thanks a bunch for this tip! I installed the Magic Collars in my driveway over the weekend with a pair of floor jacks and jackstands. Was time consuming but I wanted to be safe and followed your tip to remove the brackets on both sides when doing the rear install. I will say that mod alone has tightened up the feel of the car most notably felt when going over bumps or railroad tracks.

r00kie_c00kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Thanks a bunch for this tip! I installed the Magic Collars in my driveway over the weekend with a pair of floor jacks and jackstands. Was time consuming but I wanted to be safe and followed your tip to remove the brackets on both sides when doing the rear install. I will say that mod alone has tightened up the feel of the car most notably felt when going over bumps or railroad tracks.
I'm considering installing these collars myself, approx how long did it take you for both the front and rear?
I have 3 car jacks and 4 jack stands, do i need any additional lifting/support equipment?

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm considering installing these collars myself, approx how long did it take you for both the front and rear?
I have 3 car jacks and 4 jack stands, do i need any additional lifting/support equipment?
About 4 hours for the front and 3 for the rear. I was taking my time and not rushing and taking the occasional break as lying in the driveway even on carpet can get tiring. Since you can't simply take all the bolts out at once, or the subframe will fall out of the car it takes time loosening and removing 1 or more strategic bolts little by little in order to be able to wiggle/squeeze in the collars. then torque everything back up again.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I have these subframe collars installed and am considering getting the Cusco braces, which require that I drop the subframe bolts. Can they be reused?

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
About 4 hours for the front and 3 for the rear. I was taking my time and not rushing and taking the occasional break as lying in the driveway even on carpet can get tiring. Since you can't simply take all the bolts out at once, or the subframe will fall out of the car it takes time loosening and removing 1 or more strategic bolts little by little in order to be able to wiggle/squeeze in the collars. then torque everything back up again.
I also installed these myself and agree with this time frame.

To answer the other question, you will be fine with 4 jack stands. A creeper is nice as well.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was looking at maybe getting these collars for my Si and found this thread. Since it been almost 3 years since the last post, I would like to ask everyone that installed the Magic Collar kit how it has been holding up. I know there is the Spoon kit, but if the Magic Collar seems to be working well, I'd like to save a bit of cash so I can do both front and rear sub-frames.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Save yourself money and get these. Your good to go. No ones removing their subframe constantly or even taking these out once they’re installed. Theyre not breaking. Theyre going to hold up lifetime of the car.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Save yourself money and get these. Your good to go. No ones removing their subframe constantly or even taking these out once they’re installed. Theyre not breaking. Theyre going to hold up lifetime of the car.
Yea I figured they're prob good since no one came back to this thread to say otherwise, but wanted to ask anyway. I know someone said the Magic Collar kit seems a little thicker than the Spoon one, and they were made of the same material, which makes me want to grab these instead. Just wanted to make sure before I bought the kit. thanks bruv 🙏 😁 🤙

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Well shit I'm glad someone brought this thread back to life. I was going to spend the money for the Spoon collars but if Magic collars work just as good, guess I'll be purchasing these.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Yea fo sho. Enjoy. There’s gotta be some sorta line with the jdm tax. I’m all for supporting jdm and quality but $10 bushing turning into $500 is ridiculous because of “spoon”. I installed these myself. Fit is perfect. And I track my car often and these help maintain alignment to a certain extent. For sure, it’ll “recenter” your subframe for a good starting ref. When I first loosened my subframe bolts my entire subframe shifted.

Last edited:

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Being impressed by the recently installed Hasport 62a RMM, I am strongly considering this upgrade. It appears the prices for Magic Collar has increased substantially since the original post. The official Spoon (front & rear) total costs about the same if I get it shipped out of Japan.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Being impressed by the recently installed Hasport 62a RMM, I am strongly considering this upgrade. It appears the prices for Magic Collar has increased substantially since the original post. The official Spoon (front & rear) total costs about the same if I get it shipped out of Japan.
The magic collars for the 10th gens are only $245 for a complete kit on ebay with free shipping. The spoon kits front and rear will run double that. I think the magic collars were running $200 at the start.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'd be more interested in someone showing what running the collars long term looks like. My concern about this whole thing is relying on a bit of grease to make the two dissimilar metals 'play nice'.

Anyone have a look at these things a year or so after install?

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3239772533..._mIadMoTIK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I just bought a set for my Si, was the same price as above.

Edit: didn’t realize that was the price for the Spoon set off Blackhawk. I wonder how much shipping is.
Sponsored