OverRev

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG5, 1999 EK9, 2019 FK8
Country flag
Some would think the subframe won’t move but it’s not. Just Like the alignment bolts, if you hit a pot hole or bumps hard enough they would move. I track my cars and do alignment adjustment quiet often since we have the machine. By installing these spacers they centre all the bolts btw chassis and subframe, next time when you do alignment you could eliminate the subframe misalignment. For Honda, our car is just bolted together by robots without proper subframe alignment. At our Honda dealership, over 30% of “new cars” fail alignment when we do PDI, but of cus most customer don’t/can’t even feel the difference and believe the new car is simply “perfect” but it’s definitely not.

For galvanic corrosion some worry about. If you have bare steel and aluminum joined together yes that could occur. But both the chassis and subframe are coated, if you worry you can paint the collars too. The grease is there so you can position the collars easier, not for corrosion protection I believe.

Frankly if Magic Collars are specialized in manufacturing these spacers, I am sure they would have better or equal quality as Spoon since spoon do not manufacture any of these collars in house anyways. and most machine shop could have aluminum milled to under 0.05mm precision easily.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OverRev

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG5, 1999 EK9, 2019 FK8
Country flag
Installed the collar kits today, it’s a straight forward 2hrs install. They are very similar to the spoon ones but a like 0.5-1mm thicker after side by side comparison ( and they filled up holes even better. Mu subframes were totally misaligned from factory, 50% of holes are off centre, some were off by as much as 2-3mm. The improved rigidity can definitely be felt thru the vibration from the engine and very noticeable when taking angle thru speed bumps. This kit is made for regular civic specifically for type R, still fit but bottom collar for the the rear most location of the front kit, needs to go between the subframe and the body brace, which is not shown in the instruction.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Let me chime in by saying this IS NOT snake oil. The tolerance between the bolt and subframe holes are massive and this gives it a “hand built” type of tolerance. Sub frame centering is also important for suspension tuning. I immediately felt a difference over bumps as they were much less jarring.

My subframe was way off center and the magic collars helped with that along with adding a little bit better steering feel plus better absorption of bumps

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Let me chime in by saying this IS NOT snake oil. The tolerance between the bolt and subframe holes are massive and this gives it a “hand built” type of tolerance. Sub frame centering is also important for suspension tuning. I immediately felt a difference over bumps as they were much less jarring.

My subframe was way off center and the magic collars helped with that along with adding a little bit better steering feel plus better absorption of bumps
The dozen or so other suspension component tolerances will also affect the alignment. These subframe collars will essentially lock the subframe in place. Since many cars don't have camber/caster adjustments, shifting the subframe may be the only solution to "center" the alignment numbers.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
The dozen or so other suspension component tolerances will also affect the alignment. These subframe collars will essentially lock the subframe in place. Since many cars don't have camber/caster adjustments, shifting the subframe may be the only solution to "center" the alignment numbers.
Eventually I’ll be moving to full spherical here soon. Hoping to work with RV6. I’m going to inquire about making more front suspension parts

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Eventually I’ll be moving to full spherical here soon. Hoping to work with RV6. I’m going to inquire about making more front suspension parts
I'm waiting for more companies to offer a slotted front lower ball joint for additional front camber. Right now Hardrace and Js Racing are the only 2 companies. Seems like only Hardrace can be bought in the US. I know Evasive is currently testing their version and should be available to purchase in a few months.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm waiting for more companies to offer a slotted front lower ball joint for additional front camber. Right now Hardrace and Js Racing are the only 2 companies. Seems like only Hardrace can be bought in the US. I know Evasive is currently testing their version and should be available to purchase in a few months.
Meh. I'm more worried about suspension geometry at the moment as well as alignment retainment. Eventually I'm going to get JRZs which will solve the not enough camber problem

Tuxedo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the Magic Collars on my Type R. Very simple and effective - they visibly eliminate the gaps around the subframe bolts. I have zero complaints.
do you still have them? how have they held up

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
do you still have them? how have they held up
No issue. I mean, they're basically crush washers, so assuming that the subframe bolts are torqued correctly, they shouldn't really be going anywhere.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
After reading about it here. I, finally went to have it installed by the seller.

Very noticeable difference when going thru bumpy/uneven roads fast. Car don't hop left and right like it used to anymore. That is my main complain, now solved.

I don't know if it's my imagination or the steering is sharper and car felt more stable. I am running on stock suspension.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally got around to installing them recently and wow. I have a lift and air tools so the most difficult part was the plastic clips holding splash guard in. Every single one must have been filled with the ground up rock the rotors like to grind down.

Yeah, it’s a little off.
Honda Civic 10th gen Magic Collar Subframe Collars 8CE04054-D0CB-4732-9161-3F6972D246C3

A tip for the rear. Remove the 12mm bolt and detach the wire clip and hold back to give you some space so you don’t wreck the wires.
Honda Civic 10th gen Magic Collar Subframe Collars F783845E-758A-470D-8514-9E9284D6EF06

I was surprised the car still drives straight. If anyone had an alignment afterwards, I’d be interested in the before and after.
As other’s have said, it really improves the handling.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Megan and Hardrace are the same units. I just received my set in the mail yesterday. Same as Hardrace but not sold out everywhere and is stamped Megan Racing.