Magic Collar Subframe Collars

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
I installed them myself using a QuickJack lift in my garage. I work slow and OCD careful. The rear set took maybe an hour, with everything easily accessible. The front took all afternoon, mostly because of everything that has to be removed for access and replaced afterwards.

The difference is both subtle and dramatic. First drive, the car feels more solid in a subtle way...gotta really know your car to notice it. Feels slightly heavier, but more connected to your inputs. All transitions, turning a simple corner in my neighborhood, braking, everything feels slightly different, but all for the better.

First set of train tracks is dramatically different. It even sounds different. You can feel that the extra rigidity is forcing your suspension to do a better job, handling the entirety of each transition. Picking up the pace, we road tripped to The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway area shortly after installing the collar set. There and along the way, we experienced a number of different driving conditions. If anything, the car feels even more planted. In hard cornering, including a few occasions where I bit off a bit more than I can comfortably chew, I believe they helped pull me through. The extra confidence they provide

I have the Whiteline Anti-Lift kit installed and have been on The Dragon when that was my only suspension mod, before the collar set. They make a definite difference, especially when exiting corners (of course), but I believe the rigid collars are the far more important, overall more effective mod. They are helping all the time. Regardless as to the brand you use, this is hands down the best inexpensive chassis/suspension mod that everyone should do for their vehicle, IMHO.
Thanks for the feedback! This is great to hear. Definitely will be my next mod.
Sponsored

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I am almost done with my wiring project and got my collar sets sitting on the shelf waiting

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
So is there any consensus re Spoon vs Magic Collar? I see the eBay listings for Magic Collars includes shipping from Thailand. How long does that take?

Also do you need the Honda subframe centering tool for these or do the collars themselves do that on installation?

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed them myself using a QuickJack lift in my garage. I work slow and OCD careful. The rear set took maybe an hour, with everything easily accessible. The front took all afternoon, mostly because of everything that has to be removed for access and replaced afterwards.

The difference is both subtle and dramatic. First drive, the car feels more solid in a subtle way...gotta really know your car to notice it. Feels slightly heavier, but more connected to your inputs. All transitions, turning a simple corner in my neighborhood, braking, everything feels slightly different, but all for the better.

First set of train tracks is dramatically different. It even sounds different. You can feel that the extra rigidity is forcing your suspension to do a better job, handling the entirety of each transition. Picking up the pace, we road tripped to The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway area shortly after installing the collar set. There and along the way, we experienced a number of different driving conditions. If anything, the car feels even more planted. In hard cornering, including a few occasions where I bit off a bit more than I can comfortably chew, I believe they helped pull me through. The extra confidence they provide

I have the Whiteline Anti-Lift kit installed and have been on The Dragon when that was my only suspension mod, before the collar set. They make a definite difference, especially when exiting corners (of course), but I believe the rigid collars are the far more important, overall more effective mod. They are helping all the time. Regardless as to the brand you use, this is hands down the best inexpensive chassis/suspension mod that everyone should do for their vehicle, IMHO.

Additional: I read that there are inferior products out there made using softer, inferior metals, and I'm not arguing that point as it may be true. All I can say is that since installing the Magic Collar set a couple of years and over 20K miles ago, I've checked the front and read subframe bolt torque four times, the first after about 2K miles. After adding back a couple of pound-feet at that first inspection, the torque values have not changed since. I hope that helps someone.
Did you get any clunking noises from your White line ALK? Did you notice the front lifting less in straight lines during hard acceleration? And what is your caster at after the ALK? And did you get an alignment after the Magic Collars? I always thought the ALK would be a significant difference and the collars a smaller one.
Sponsored