MAF scaling on locked tunes

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
@KTuner any possibility of allowing the MAF scaling section to be available even on locked tunes? I'd like to try dialing in the scaling w/ my 27won intake, but as I'm running a TSP tune, that section isn't available. And yes, before anyone asks, my LTFT is already pretty good. I'd like to see what sort of improvements could be made, but I don't really want to waste my time logging if there's never going to be the possibility of actually editing the scaling.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm guessing this would open the door to way too many issues on commercial tunes where people who don't know what they're doing will mess with the MAF. Giving users access to air or fuel on tunes like that might be a disaster. Wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Locked tunes are locked tunes for a purpose, designed to work with that specific maf scale. If you have a problem related to the maf scale just ask the tuner if you want to improve there you should ask the tuner for a custom tune or pay the custom MAF adjustment, if he wants to do it. Also, the tuner won't want anyone to know what's in there so it doesn't get copied.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What the last two guys said.

Those locked OTS tunes are released after a lot of testing with various setups and the tuner wants his work left intact. Let's say they opened up the MAF scaling and someone screwed up big time with the settings and that person created an issue. I could see them posting "I was running the TSP tune and it caused problems". When in reality it wasn't the tune but user error. Keeping their tunes locked is pretty much a necessity for a tuner.
Sponsored