ksteele16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 1.5T Sport
Country flag
Oh I know starter tunes have lots of adjustments. I literally have thousands of posts on that. But you had mentioned the locked OTS Phearable tune you're running, not a starter tune, so I wanted to clarify that.
i like changing it up every now and then I either use 16.5 psi starter or good ol stage 1. I won't do stage 2 till i make any more modifications im pretty much bone stock
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The KTuner tunes were designed on a stock setup. Not sure why you think you need mods to run stage 2.

I'd go so far as to say these canned tunes run smoothest on a near stock setup. Each bolt on added kind of adds another variable into the mix. More power sure, but not necessarily better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ksteele16

ksteele16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 1.5T Sport
Country flag
The KTuner tunes were designed on a stock setup. Not sure why you think you need mods to run stage 2.

I'd go so far as to say these canned tunes run smoothest on a near stock setup. Each bolt on added kind of adds another variable into the mix. More power sure, but not necessarily better.
interesting take, I heard you might not want to run stage 2 until you upgrade your clutch to stage 2 to prevent slippage

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The included KTuner Stage 2 base map is only 21 psi with moderate torque numbers. Stock clutch is fine.

By comparison, the Phearable 1.5 is 24 psi with higher torque output.

Maybe you're confusing "Stage 2" with some of the high output flex fuel tunes out there?

Anyway good luck with everything.

OP
OP
ksteele16

ksteele16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 1.5T Sport
Country flag
The included KTuner Stage 2 base map is only 21 psi with moderate torque numbers. Stock clutch is fine.

By comparison, the Phearable 1.5 is 24 psi with higher torque output.

Maybe you're confusing "Stage 2" with some of the high output flex fuel tunes out there?

Anyway good luck with everything.
I don't have much knowledge in the tuning space I still consider myself a noob but thank you so much for replying and giving me advice!
Sponsored