LX through EX-T owners: what do you think of the cloth?

tobyhatesmemes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
I finally just went on a test drive yesterday, and REALLY did not like the cloth interior. The fabric had a cheap polyester-like feel to it, and seemed like it would be really hot in the summer and not wear well (especially placed on the armrest). Anybody who's had the car for a while care to comment on their experience and thoughts on the quality of the material? Before I went to the dealership I was sure I wanted an EX-T, now I'm leaning more to the EX-L.
Sponsored

RedFiver13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I never looked at those trims, but I have an EX-L and I really like the leather. It's much nicer than the stuff I installed in my G5.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess it really depends on the person. For me I actually hate leather. All the cars I have owned I have avoided getting leather and have always stuck with cloth.

OP
OP

tobyhatesmemes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
Guess it really depends on the person. For me I actually hate leather. All the cars I have owned I have avoided getting leather and have always stuck with cloth.
I usually prefer cloth too. Warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and don't have to worry about my dog ruining it. The stuff in the Civic just really didn't leave a good first impression though.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
The fabric on the seats is great and I prefer it to the leather. The armrest fabric isn't the greatest and I can see it becoming abrasive on really hot days but my biggest complaint is how there is cloth so close to the cup holders that any splash from your drink ends up on the cloth.

I'm thinking in a year or two when I want a change, I'm gonna order leather armrests from Honda parts network and swap out the cloth armrests. I priced it out and to get leather armrests for the console and both doors will be about $350. Then IMHO I'll have the best of both worlds.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I love the cloth, however, it seems to stain really, really easily. On my drive home from work, I sit, for the lack of a better term, criss cross apple sauce and stains have already started to form where my sweaty feet touch ;.;.

jpkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
The fabric on the seats is great and I prefer it to the leather. The armrest fabric isn't the greatest and I can see it becoming abrasive on really hot days but my biggest complaint is how there is cloth so close to the cup holders that any splash from your drink ends up on the cloth.

I'm thinking in a year or two when I want a change, I'm gonna order leather armrests from Honda parts network and swap out the cloth armrests. I priced it out and to get leather armrests for the console and both doors will be about $350. Then IMHO I'll have the best of both worlds.

I just got my EXT a couple of days ago and I agree with you...as much as I love my car, I just wish they did the consule and armrest with the same material as the dash :)

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag

I'm with you, I actually like the seats and headliner as they are, but eventually those arms are going to get swapped out.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my EXT for less than a week and I've come to the similar conclusion about the fabric on the armrest. I think this will be an obvious wear spot on the otherwise well-designed interior. I'm glad to see someone looked at possibly replacing the center console with the leather option. Worse case for me will be that I should be able to replace it when it gets looking nasty and worn. Beside that though I like the cloth interior. I had leather in my last car and it can be unbearable in the summer time especially if you don't have a garage or shade to park the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX T
I finally just went on a test drive yesterday, and REALLY did not like the cloth interior. The fabric had a cheap polyester-like feel to it, and seemed like it would be really hot in the summer and not wear well (especially placed on the armrest). Anybody who's had the car for a while care to comment on their experience and thoughts on the quality of the material? Before I went to the dealership I was sure I wanted an EX-T, now I'm leaning more to the EX-L.

Because it's says EX L the seats is not all leather it has leather trim so take that in consideration. I have the EX T it do feels cheap but cleans up easily, I spilled my drink on the passenger seat one day yeah i know was leaving the drive thru,
It cleaned up easily. Also I noticed the seats wrinkles easily. And yes the armrest I don't think over time it will last. I already ordered an armrest cover from Amazon for $23.

coupe23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LXP
A lot of the new cars have what I think is a thinner material more Eco I guess? I loved my 94 mustang seats but as for the civic I traded my leather for the cloth. I live in the desert and unshaded at work so that really concerned me. I had uv block and conditioned them weekly but it was really hot when I got in. I like the fabric but like the leather I'm going to get seat covers. I have to look into getting that arm rest cover. I would have appreciated them keeping it plastic that cloth on a heavy arm will rub.

jbender4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G35
Because it's says EX L the seats is not all leather it has leather trim so take that in consideration. I have the EX T it do feels cheap but cleans up easily, I spilled my drink on the passenger seat one day yeah i know was leaving the drive thru,
It cleaned up easily. Also I noticed the seats wrinkles easily. And yes the armrest I don't think over time it will last. I already ordered an armrest cover from Amazon for $23.
What armrest cover did you order?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX T
There are two kinds, I got the neoprene one which has the same material as a wet body suit it makes it water resistant and dirt comes right off. The other one is like a fleece material I believe it's priced @ $18.00.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Black cloth here. I feel like it will last. It isn't 5-zillion count thread or anything but the seats are comfy and even the rougher fabric on the armrest seems sturdy. I put the Honda rear seat cover in the backseat anyway, so it wouldn't matter back there. Also I've heard people say the leather is hard to clean because of the holes. I've got almost 600 miles on the car, with plenty of time with the whole family inside, and it needs nothing more than a good vacuuming at this point. Some dusty dirt got tracked in when we went to the county fair.
Sponsored