LX radio replacement thread

MurseM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

First time posting. I don't have much experience in audio installations, but I've been doing a lot of reading. I just picked up a 2017 Sport CVT. I have validated the lackluster performance of the factory radio and bought a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX from Crutchfield, along with all the installation accessories they recommend (antenna adapter, dash kit, wiring harness, and Axxess ASWC-1). Now that I'm staring at the task of ripping into my 400 mile Honda, I'm having performance anxiety. According to Crutchfield and Metra, everything I have should allow full function of audio, steering wheel controls, and backup camera. There is no mention of having to tap into other circuits to get the camera to work. Other than taking it into a professional for the install (and honestly, most of them around here won't do it unless you buy the gear from them at inflated prices), can anyone offer some insight as to the wiring of all the 19 harnesses? Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, here's a pic of my new love.

Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread IMAG0061
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, someone on this thread or maybe the Kenwood one was talking about back-up camera voltage not being 12V but rather ~4. Just stumbled onto this as I'm trying to get more data before tearing my car apart.

https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-CAM6V?page=8
You can hook it up at 12v but it stays on the fish eye lens view which is not ideal. I've seen some theories to maintain the three angles but have not heard about anyone actually pulling it off.

My current challenge is trying to get the OEM microphone to work with a Pioneer unit. The OEM mic has three wires but the Pioneer only has two. Not sure what to do.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
You can hook it up at 12v but it stays on the fish eye lens view which is not ideal. I've seen some theories to maintain the three angles but have not heard about anyone actually pulling it off.

My current challenge is trying to get the OEM microphone to work with a Pioneer unit. The OEM mic has three wires but the Pioneer only has two. Not sure what to do.
I'll ave to check tomorrow, but I feel like my LX only has one view style.

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

First time posting. I don't have much experience in audio installations, but I've been doing a lot of reading. I just picked up a 2017 Sport CVT. I have validated the lackluster performance of the factory radio and bought a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX from Crutchfield, along with all the installation accessories they recommend (antenna adapter, dash kit, wiring harness, and Axxess ASWC-1). Now that I'm staring at the task of ripping into my 400 mile Honda, I'm having performance anxiety. According to Crutchfield and Metra, everything I have should allow full function of audio, steering wheel controls, and backup camera. There is no mention of having to tap into other circuits to get the camera to work. Other than taking it into a professional for the install (and honestly, most of them around here won't do it unless you buy the gear from them at inflated prices), can anyone offer some insight as to the wiring of all the 19 harnesses? Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, here's a pic of my new love.

IMAG0061.jpg
I would strongly suggest taking this to a pro.. it's worth it.. this is no easy task even for a professional with matching voltage with the rear camera and programming the steering wheel controls..

MurseM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I would strongly suggest taking this to a pro.. it's worth it.. this is no easy task even for a professional with matching voltage with the rear camera and programming the steering wheel controls..
Thanks. I thought about doing that at first. But decided to give it a go myself. Everything except the voice controls on the steering wheel works. That and I have to manually select the backup camera on the HU.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I thought about doing that at first. But decided to give it a go myself. Everything except the voice controls on the steering wheel works. That and I have to manually select the backup camera on the HU.
Run a wire from your head unit to a reverse light (in the back) to get your backup camera to come on automatically. There is probably a wire to tap up front somewhere but I've not seen anyone clearly identify it yet.

MurseM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Run a wire from your head unit to a reverse light (in the back) to get your backup camera to come on automatically. There is probably a wire to tap up front somewhere but I've not seen anyone clearly identify it yet.
I'll have to give that whirl. I'm installing an amp Next Week, I'll just have to run it with the patch cables. Thanks!

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my LX has 3 diff views for the rear view camera
Really? How do you change the view? I hate the fisheye one it's on now.

Did you plug in the microphone that came with the radio to the back of the head unit? The stock Civic mic does not operate voice on an aftermarket radio. Not by design anyways.

Now you have me thinking though, I wonder how I could wire it in. I mean, the car already has a mic, so...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? How do you change the view? I hate the fisheye one it's on now.

Did you plug in the microphone that came with the radio to the back of the head unit? The stock Civic mic does not operate voice on an aftermarket radio. Not by design anyways.

Now you have me thinking though, I wonder how I could wire it in. I mean, the car already has a mic, so...
My Pioneer radio doesn't seem compatible with the OEM mic, however some others have successfully wired it to Kenwood units. There are some instructions here on the forum.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Pioneer radio doesn't seem compatible with the OEM mic, however some others have successfully wired it to Kenwood units. There are some instructions here on the forum.
I'm searching now on the Kenwood wiring to stock mic. Haven't found any threads on it yet but if you do could you link?
The Kenwoods are a good radio too and maybe i'll go that route if the install is more functional.

eniaccroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
hii. i need 9 inch multimedia wire diagram. i search all web bu ı didnt find it. Especially 32 p socket harness. Because of ı am working on video play while driving.

zombie_yuri

First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Would this be make life easier to install a aftermarket radio to my lx? Or is there stuff still missing on this adapter?

Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread IMG_7977.PNG