Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I own a Cosmic Blue EX-L sedan.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX-P is the best trim. Here's why. IMG_1840

I like the dark blue exterior/grey leather interior combo. I've got most of the Touring features (less the front LED's) for a whole lot less money. Works for me. I considered the coupe and hatch but I'm happy I chose the sedan. And with the modding I've done (KTuner, some suspension and cosmetic stuff), I like it even better. :)

Like I've said many times, the Civic has something for everyone.
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Is this some kind of "buyer's remorse" thread?

I can't understand how someone can say "this is the best, try to prove otherwise."
Here is the proof for me: I will never buy a car without leather. I hate cloth seats and other interior parts. I would rather have cheap vinyl than even luxury car fabric. So it doesn't matter for me how cheap and reasonable a car is, if it has rag seats. Leather is not better, it's what I require.

I fully understand people who have just the opposite preference.
But I totally lack any understanding of people who would want to argue this matter.

Some things can be only learned by experience. There was a period in my life when I was turned on by getting something "good enough" for the minimal amount of money. There is some sort of thrill in it. I had bought cars in the past that would go forward, backward, turn left and right and nothing else. It's cool, but I now changed my mind and it's not a point to argue.

Last edited:

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
There are two general categories of buyers of new cars.

a) High income earners who want all of the features and new car reliability. They tend to lease or sell their cars when the warranty expires or sooner.

b) Moderate income earners who want a car that is cheap to buy and reliable and durable. They tend to keep their cars for more than 5 years.

So, for the high income earners, the upper trim levels are right for them. The moderate income earners, the lower trim levels are right for them. Of course there will always be exceptions.

In Canada, the "EX" (non-turbo) is in the sweet spot. It has alloy wheels, push button start, full LED dash and head unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heated front seats and mirrors, moon roof, lanewatch and more. There is nothing beyond that that you need and some of those high-trim options can have problems as the car gets older (like automatic windshield-wipers, turbo chargers and auto-adjust seats).

In Canada the "EX" is cheaper than the Sport Sedan and only a couple thousand more than the "LX". It gets great gas mileage because it has smaller wheels and smaller wheels means that tires or wheel replacement will cost less than the upper trim levels. The engine and transmission should last a long time because they are under-stressed.

If I had the money, I would have gotten an EX Sedan rather than the LX.

Last edited:

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
What gen x Civic do you own?
2019 EX-L Sedan. Leather and power seats made it easy for me to make that decision. I love it. The only main feature it doesn't have is LED headlights. Had to go to the Touring if I wanted that, but I didn't because I don't like the look of the chrome door handles...cheapens the entire car IMO. Just one man's opinion.

I think that we can all agree that the great thing about Civics is that there is one for everyone. I'm glad that you think highly of yours and you come across as genuinely believing you made the best choice. I feel likewise about my EX-L. There is nothing worse than buyer's remorse. I've been there in the best.

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LX owners are the same people who use T-mobile/Virgin mobile and rave about them being better than verizon.

jk
That's coming from a guy who owns a civic...oh wait..we all do lol

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the top of the food chain Sport Touring Hatch (well, other than the CTR), given that a manual isn't offered on it in the United States, I can see why some wouldn't buy it. But I think it's the best! :) Okay if you disagree though!
Wait - isn’t “top of the food chain” also subjective?

OP
OP
mynameisdal

mynameisdal

First Name
Dallin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
IMG_1840.jpg

I like the dark blue exterior/grey leather interior combo. I've got most of the Touring features (less the front LED's) for a whole lot less money. Works for me. I considered the coupe and hatch but I'm happy I chose the sedan. And with the modding I've done (KTuner, some suspension and cosmetic stuff), I like it even better. :)

Nice man, looks great!
IMG_1840.jpg

OP
OP
mynameisdal

mynameisdal

First Name
Dallin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
Is this some kind of "buyer's remorse" thread?

I can't understand how someone can say "this is the best, try to prove otherwise."
Here is the proof for me: I will never buy a car without leather. I hate cloth seats and other interior parts. I would rather have cheap vinyl than even luxury car fabric. So it doesn't matter for me how cheap and reasonable a car is, if it has rag seats. Leather is not better, it's what I require.

I fully understand people who have just the opposite preference.
But I totally lack any understanding of people who would want to argue this matter.

Some things can be only learned by experience. There was a period in my life when I was turned on by getting something "good enough" for the minimal amount of money. There is some sort of thrill in it. I had bought cars in the past that would go forward, backward, turn left and right and nothing else. It's cool, but I now changed my mind and it's not a point to argue.
The thread is supposed to be about people defending their trim purchase choice, so that I can talk about my car with other car guys and girls and so new buyers can see some of these details hashed out. You have a good point with the leather. That was originally on my list of must haves, wanted the heated seats. Plus now I have to worry about the upholstery. You are right about that thrill from finding something for the right price. I am still on that high.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This applies to the 2016 coupe, that is what I own. Options vs price point is at the ideal level. You get, keyless entry, remote start, push button start, climate control, moon roof, Bluetooth, Honda sensing if you want it , Leds drive and back (running lights), back up camera, the best looking alloys ( of the 2016s imo), while avoiding a few of the annoyances of the new design in the higher trim levels, (lack of volume knob, strange steering wheel). The exception, obviously is the touring, which finally gives you the upgraded seats and head lights. But for ~10k more? I'll stick with the LX-P. I understand some of these issues have been updated and the LX-P is only available for the coupe, but prove me wrong Which trim did you get and why is it better than the LX-P?
For me I went with the EXT. I got all the same features of the LXP, plus turbo, optional 6MT, and the 7 inch touch screen. The price that I got put my EXT coupe at is right around the MSRP of the LXP. So I feel I got more perks at the same price. My EXT has almost all the same features offered in higher trims with less cost. My only regret is not waiting for a Si.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with you there. I also bought mine salvage for 8k, already fixed the one dent. Not claiming to have 20k on hand. Car has 19k miles. Looking forward to 10+ years of ownership. Apologies if I am coming off aggressive, I think we all just LOVE our cars
$8K for a mechanic special could really be a raging deal.

I feel like generally the forums are harder on folks showing excessive love towards Civics and blind disdain towards it's competitors. There's a lot of great cars out there... and I think the Civic is towards the top of the heap at it's price point... but there's a lot of other great cars out there.

Like I told my wife once... "The world is filled with beautiful women... and I can't kill them all for you. I can just tell you you'll always be a 10 to me... even when we're old and gray and no one else wants us."

The list of options on that LX-P is head and shoulders above a regular LX (which is, itself still a decent value).
Wait - isn’t “top of the food chain” also subjective?
Yeah. I thought I was there with the bigger brakes, adaptive suspension, LSD, 9 vane turbo and all that jazz. It's very subjective. I didn't even really look at any other trim, from LX to touring and they lacked these features.

My feeling is the touring is starting to encroach on the Accord price point to where it's value is a bit lost for the premium features that (I think) it lacks. EX-L, Si, EX, LXs and any other weird flavors in-between seem a good value. The CTR is also a good value if your looking to roll the capability of a track car that can hang with models causing several times more in a livable daily driver, though if you don't need rear seat room and tracking is limited, I'd probably just go with muscle car for the greater power and straight line at sub-interstate speeds... but that's just me.

Last edited:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone needs and budget are different. I'm just grateful that i can afford a brand new car in the style and color that i like.

Honda Civic 10th gen LX-P is the best trim. Here's why. 20190322_083707-01

Honda Civic 10th gen LX-P is the best trim. Here's why. 20190308_172908