LX-P is the best trim. Here's why.

mynameisdal

First Name
Dallin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
This applies to the 2016 coupe, that is what I own. Options vs price point is at the ideal level. You get, keyless entry, remote start, push button start, climate control, moon roof, Bluetooth, Honda sensing if you want it , Leds drive and back (running lights), back up camera, the best looking alloys ( of the 2016s imo), while avoiding a few of the annoyances of the new design in the higher trim levels, (lack of volume knob, strange steering wheel). The exception, obviously is the touring, which finally gives you the upgraded seats and head lights. But for ~10k more? I'll stick with the LX-P. I understand some of these issues have been updated and the LX-P is only available for the coupe, but prove me wrong Which trim did you get and why is it better than the LX-P?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Which trim did you get and why is it better than the LX-P?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/why-isn’t-the-coupe-popular.32724/

https://www.civicx.com/threads/best-looking-civic-body-style-sedan-vs-coupe-vs-hatchback.15708/

I'm not a huge fan of these threads (and there are plenty) where people justify their purchase. They go on and on and on for pages and it just turns into a huge thing about what's better and few people realize that one size does in fact not fit all.

That being said, Si coupe for $22.5k + tax/fees for everything I need in a car felt like a great deal. I won't go into a thing about what the Si has over other trims, if you know, you know, but it felt worth it to me so that's why I personally got the Si.

Victor1507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I think the new Sport trim for the sedan is the best value. For US $21,150, you get Apple Carplay, push button start, fog lights, digital gauge cluster, metal sport pedals, and great looking wheels. It looks almost the same as a Touring except for the headlights.

Honda Civic 10th gen LX-P is the best trim. Here's why. $EC:B-593M$HC:undefined$IC:BK$O:$F:FIFS$ECC:BS$ECX:&width=1400&filetype=jpg&background=%23E5E5E5

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Blue color is very nice.....in the showroom. That is my favorite...in show room
On the real life, when not fresh shinny, it look poor to me .

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The best trim and color is the one I have. I picked it, because it was the best. If it wasn't the best, I wouldn't have bought it. This should be quite obvious.:rolleyes1:

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Gas mileage comparison threads, best color threads, best body style threads... can we just stop the madness? Nothing ever gets resolved. Gas mileage varies by location, driving style etc., best color is 100% subjective, same with best body style or best trim.

Time to talk about important stuff like blown engines and CVT versus manual.:eek::doh:

Last edited:

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gas mileage comparison threads, best color threads, best body style threads... can we just stop the madness? Nothing ever gets resolved.
Gas mileage varies by location, driving style etc., best color is 100% subjective, same with best body style or best trim.

Time to talk about important stuff like blown engines and CVT versus manual.:eek::doh:

Important stuff ! You erase 99 % of the forum

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah these threads are useless. Always gonna be people who disagree with you. That trim may be the best for YOU but another trim may suit someone else better. Just be happy with what you picked and dont try to convince other people its the best lol.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I have the top of the food chain Sport Touring Hatch (well, other than the CTR), given that a manual isn't offered on it in the United States, I can see why some wouldn't buy it. But I think it's the best! :) Okay if you disagree though!

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
LX owners are the same people who buy Dynex/Insignia TVs and rave about them being better than samsung.

smells like broke in here.

jk

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
After a while, most of the "My choice is best" threads are kinda useless, we are all aware of the various strengths & weaknesses of the different trims, and endless discussions of justification of choices is largely a waste of time.
Consider:
Choose what works best for you, hopefully within your budget.
Buy once, cry once.
Color is subjective and personal.
If you prefer a stick, buy one.
I'll celebrate your choice, celebrate mine if you wish.
If price is your guiding light, just go there, you don't have to justify it.
A discussion of the various pluses & minuses of a certain model & trim can be interesting.
Everyone has a "Wish list" for things that were included/omitted their choice.
If you need help/advice, it's here in abundance, just ask.
Play nice in the sandbox, share your toys!

Perspective: I'm 71, been there, done that, made a lot of mistakes, that's how you learn!

OP
OP
mynameisdal

mynameisdal

First Name
Dallin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the actual replies. Si trim is obviously nice, very similar to the LX-P actually, but faster. The sport sedan, sport hatchback, are also rad. Money if these were out the firstfyear of gen x. I like to talk about options, color, horsepower, all kinds of things. It is helpful to people making decisions right now. In 2016, I do believe I made the best choice. Now with the SI, that is the way I would go, energy green coupe, beautiful!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
mynameisdal

mynameisdal

First Name
Dallin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX owners are the same people who buy Dynex/Insignia TVs and rave about them being better than samsung.

smells like broke in here.

jk

Last edited: