First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not even close to what I was thinking, but agreed with your statement about a perfect world. Remember I’m playing Devil’s advocate- you were warned. As far as imaginary exclusivity for the C1- yes, critical bits are only on the C1, but there are apparently a bunch of shared internals. Likewise, the only reason certain parts “only” fit certain models is because nobody’s TRIED it.
Which brings us full circle, to the OP.
Consensus, including my opinion, is save your money, don’t swap the manual in, and MAYBE swap someday later…Thus raising ire and derision from near and far.
Hypothetical questions or requests for technical instruction will be dealt with accordingly.
Make it a great day! 😂
That said, i still LOVE my C2...as an economy car engine you can't really hope for better...it's super reliable in this toned down version meant for casual city driving...it still use high quality parts and it will last a very long time even if you step on it a lot...and it sounds amazing at least mine does all i have on it is the K&N intake...when you let it rip it doesn't trow you into the seat but it sure does sound fast and for curving on back roads in 3rd gear it's A LOT of fun...that thing sings...
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t know where the advantage of using the intake side C2 head would be- especially for forced induction, but that’s a straw man…
I guess I’m curious: if the bore and stroke are the same (they are), why not use the C2 Pistons with the C1 rods? The crank is also the same.
This is totally a devil’s advocate question. You’ve already taught me something.
EDIT: add source material
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2021/03/1...the-civic-type-r-2-0l-turbo-engine-different/
Pistons, wrist pins, rods, and crank are not interchangeable. Different sizes/clearances.
Probably because the C1 is a purposely designed performance engine built with better materials and tighter tolerances throughout making it more expensive and much more durable.

If you would in a magic world bolt on the type R turbo onto a C2 and reach normal boost...the C2 would probably be burning oil after just a few hundred pulls...so basically by the time you're done tuning it, its already half cooked...and it would probably spill its guts before reaching 1000 pull. CTR engines do not do that.

They have better cooling, better seals, better alloys, better everything.
possible but not guaranteed.

so far, timing chain, intake valves, and valve cover are same part numbers. The headgaskets are very similar.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Taco- you’re listing the parts for a daily. The engine/transmission/harness are all I would really be after, if at all. I’m enjoying this little variant for what it is, according to its strengths. I’m optimistic, and that’s essentially where we differ.
Regardless-a swap is a monumental undertaking, and I won’t try to claim it isn’t either. I’m well aware of the differences between a C1 and C2.
Um no... I'm listing the things to keep the computer out of limp mode because it can't read all the sensors because half the harness is unplugged. It's obvious you're just living a little uneducated pipe dream that you have zero intention of actually doing, so have at it. Those with actual knowledge know it's not realistically possible.

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
Um no...
It's obvious you're just living a little uneducated pipe dream that you have zero intention of actually doing, so have at it. Those with actual knowledge know it's not realistically possibles.
Then by all means, please educate us further on how spitballing has chapped your ass ever so much.
😂

YOU WIN THE INTERNET!

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Um no... I'm listing the things to keep the computer out of limp mode because it can't read all the sensors because half the harness is unplugged. It's obvious you're just living a little uneducated pipe dream that you have zero intention of actually doing, so have at it. Those with actual knowledge know it's not realistically possible.
It will not go to limp mode just because the car has 2 doors instead of 4....Matt you're at the other end of the spectrum here friend its not "realistically impossible" its been done and it'll be done again the fact that you need to install a stand alone ecu to boost an engine hasn't been an issue for years and years in the past with various models being boosted and/or swapped...if you think this is impossible or beyond reach in turns proves how little you know and how much you want to show you know or think you no, but maybe actually you don't.

That said, yes if you want a C1 powertrain you need everything from the wheel hub to the tranny and the engine with all the electronics, suspension, you need a whole car...so THIS not possible unless money no issue...the CTR is a completely different machine it share very little parts with any of the other civic if you've ever looked inside and underneath one...everything is different/better.

Personally i would not boost a C2 because i pretty much think i know how long it would last without serious internal upgrades...but it for sure could be done...if you can harvest a K24, plant it in a civic coupe and boost it...then nothing is ''realistically impossible''

Last edited:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It will not go to limp mode just because the car has 2 doors instead of 4....Matt you're at the other end of the spectrum here friend its not "realistically impossible" its been done and it'll be done again the fact that you need to install a stand alone ecu to boost an engine hasn't been an issue for years and years in the past with various models being boosted and/or swapped...if you think this is impossible or beyond reach in turns proves how little you know and how much you want to show you know or think you no, but maybe actually you don't.

That said, yes if you want a C1 powertrain you need everything from the wheel hub to the tranny and the engine with all the electronics, suspension, you need a whole car...so THIS not possible unless money no issue...the CTR is a completely different machine it share very little parts with any of the other civic if you've ever looked inside and underneath one...everything is different/better.

Personally i would not boost a C2 because i pretty much think i know how long it would last without serious internal upgrades...but it for sure could be done...if you can harvest a K24, plant it in a civic coupe and boost it...then nothing is ''realistically impossible''
"Realistically impossible" means for the person asking for the amount of work it would take. Realistically is the key word.

Won't go into limp mode? So the type R engine harness will plug into a 2 door n/a dash harness? No? So the fuel pumps and harnesses are the same too right? No? So the immobilizer to the ECU through the dash harness fed pinout will mate right up right? No?

Can it be done? I already said yes it can. Is it "REALISITCALLY POSSIBLE" to most anyone but an expert willing to completely re-engineer the car? No.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those with actual knowledge know it's not realistically possible.
Is it "REALISITCALLY POSSIBLE" to most.
Sounds like you’re contradicting yourself there bud. Calm down. Try to be more friendly when commenting instead of attacking people; You did so on other posts too.

We can all agree it will take time and money to perform a stunt like this. Some harness connectors are the same and can be swapped/connected, but not all. No body has ALL the knowledge, including taco, including me. That’s why there’s a forum, to exchange ideas/problems/solutions and go up from there, not down. With enough wiring diagrams, repinning, maybe some custom work, it will work without trouble lights on dash.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Sounds like you’re contradicting yourself there bud. Calm down. Try to be more friendly when commenting instead of attacking people; You did so on other posts too.
Did you seriously cut off and add a period to change what I said?

What i said was...

"Is it "REALISITCALLY POSSIBLE" to most anyone but an expert willing to completely re-engineer the car? No."

That's comical you did that to attempt to form a comeback.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is going nowhere and we will not get our boosted car or a manual swap at the end like it's always the case, so lets close this off here please 👉

Haters are gonna hate, dreamers are gonna dream...builders are gonna build, but not today anyways :cool:

Last edited:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Folks just don't like you crapping on their hopes and dreams, even if it is a crack pipe dream. We're all young and stubborn or were at one point. Realistically though most LX 2.0 owners will usually lack the funds, knowledge, or the ability to take on this project.

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
Folks just don't like you crapping on their hopes and dreams, even if it is a crack pipe dream. We're all young and stubborn or were at one point. Realistically though most LX 2.0 owners will usually lack the funds, knowledge, or the ability to take on this project.
Wow… what exclusive klan did you borrow that rhetoric from?
This is a mudslinging thread with a few helpful bits and a bunch of butthurt.

You have ALSO won the Internet. Congratulations. I’ll retire from this post. When I finish my other projects, maybe I’ll get to working the current daily over into something impossible, or nearly so.

Until then, crack pipes and lack of education due to my engine choice is my lot, I suppose.

Bligity

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic n/a
Country flag
you drive a cheap acura type s lol get outta here

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Would be a hell of a project to watch. If you take it on, MOTEC would likely be the best option for tuning to just avoid the headaches.
Sponsored