crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
So I was a thrifty buyer (I had a 2013 LX and wife has a 2015 EX) and assumed that at least the dash would be the same as the higher models - but alas.....it was not to be.
I made this quick video today showing everyone who DOESN'T own an LX, what we have to endure when we start our vehicles.
It's a different presentation when compared to the EX and higher.

At least in the 9th generation, the controls were the same (except for the entertainment system).
The shaking of the video is because I rested the phone on the steering wheel and the engine vibration was enough to cause that to occur.
I still LOVE my car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
This may be unpopular opinion but I own a Touring and I much prefer the LX's cluster meter design. But again, it may just be me out of everyone else who owns an EX and up.

Nanucq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport Plus 6MT White
Well, I don't see the problem, the LX design is neat and very readable. Yes it is different, but IMHO it doesn't look cheap ;)
You don't spend your time watching the dash, better keep your eyes on the road :)

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
This may be unpopular opinion but I own a Touring and I much prefer the LX's cluster meter design. But again, it may just be me out of everyone else who owns an EX and up.
Not an unpopular opinion - most of my post was me self-mocking myself because "the other mans grass is always greener" syndrome. I love my car and I'll live with the dash..... LOL
what is it about the design of the touring that you don't prefer?

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
Well, I don't see the problem, the LX design is neat and very readable. Yes it is different, but IMHO it doesn't look cheap ;)
You don't spend your time watching the dash, better keep your eyes on the road :)
Agreed. The display is fine - It is just that the amount of information available on the Touring etc. seems like it is more than I get with the LX.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Not an unpopular opinion - most of my post was me self-mocking myself because "the other mans grass is always greener" syndrome. I love my car and I'll live with the dash..... LOL
what is it about the design of the touring that you don't prefer?
The digital cluster seems to be less refined to me compared to the LX's cluster meter.

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
The digital cluster seems to be less refined to me compared to the LX's cluster meter.
Well - I guess you could say the digital cluster is more "entertaining" to look at so I see your point.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Well - I guess you could say the digital cluster is more "entertaining" to look at so I see your point.
The only thing that I ever look at in the cluster is the AVGs. The GPS, boost, music and text are unnecessary to me lol. And if you look at it closely, the LX's cluster meter has a 3D-ish design, which feels a bit more premium to me than their digital counterparts.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing that I ever look at in the cluster is the AVGs. The GPS, boost, music and text are unnecessary to me lol. And if you look at it closely, the LX's cluster meter has a 3D-ish design, which feels a bit more premium to me than their digital counterparts.
I prefer a 21st century gauge cluster. The LX has a gauge cluster that belongs from atleast a decade ago.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe not a decade ago but I don't want to have a gauge cluster in my "new" car that's more related to a microwave timer than anything...
You do realize the only difference is the digital gauge cluster right? Shows exactly the same thing. Meter RPMs, Digital speeds, real time MPGs, same fuel & temperature gauges. Only thing different is boost/text/music/map. Oh, and different startup animation. But I'm sure that's not a microwave timer also.

And if my Tourings came with the LX gauge meter, would I feel that its 'old' in any way? No. Again, digital doesn't always mean better. Like I said, less refined compared to the LX version (its beautiful as hell btw)

But what do I know.

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
My wife used the same term when she saw it "3D".
To me, as long as the car performs well (which it does) I am fine with it. The video I posted shows 41.1 mpg as my average. I generally get 46 mpg on my drive to and from work every day which is strictly highway driving.
Sponsored