AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
The analysis will cost 30-40 dollars depending if you want to know the TBN (life of the oil basically). You can order free test kits from Blackstone and have them mailed through USPS. My oil was pretty dark but the color of oil doesn't really tell you much.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/products/free-test-kits/
Nice, I have my container sitting around since last summer. Ill mail in a sample this spring for sure.
Sponsored

OnidCTR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2011 BMW M3 (Sold), 2005 BMW M3 (Sold), 2004 Honda S2000, 2000 Honda S2000 (Sold)
Country flag
hard to get the noise on dashcam but i think you can hear it pretty well around 15-20 seconds

PXL_20210122_045351377.jpg

PXL_20210122_045336240.jpg
Just watched your vid and I have that sound too but only in reverse and when I turn the wheel to the right. There is a major rock stuck in my calipers and I was told I need to either take apart the caliper or keep driving and hopefully it falls out ?

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
Just watched your vid and I have that sound too but only in reverse and when I turn the wheel to the right. There is a major rock stuck in my calipers and I was told I need to either take apart the caliper or keep driving and hopefully it falls out ?
yeah it turned out to be a rock for me. what you need to do is just shake the rotor shield a bunch and the rock should fall out. it worked for me. you can do this without taking apart anything, just use your hands and give it a hearty wiggle all around. cheers

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
A bit of a boring update, but I got around to installing my PRL charge pipe kit. The reason for purchasing this was to solve a couple of problems. The first being the charge pipe coupler rupturing on track from the heat and repeated pulls. I'm confident the PRL coupler will be much more stout. Secondly, to reduce IATs and provide smoother/more consistent boost pressure. I was concerned the black aluminum pipe would absorb heat so I went ahead and wrapped it with DEI gold.

I just finished up the install last night and it was a PITA for me only because of my HKS oil cooler being in the way. Without the oil cooler you can easily do this with the bumper on just by removing the fog light covers and lifting only the passenger side.

Fit and finish of the kit was spot on and everything matched up perfectly. On my initial test drive this morning I did observe overall lower IATs but will need to further test to quantify the data. Didn't do any hard pulls so I can't say whether or not the boost is coming on any different than before.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build rD2Llx1

Also did a quick visual inspection of the C&R intercooler and it's holding up very well. No harmful damage from the 10k+ highway miles and track time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build V5XAUcS

A few of things on my to-do list:

1. Flush coolant. I'm seeing some gunk build up in my overflow tank. I'm pretty sure it was caused by my bonehead mistake of putting drinking water instead of distilled when installing my PWR radiator. I bought Thermocure to do the flush and some VP "Cool Down" as a coolant additive. Wondering if it will perform any better since it's advertised to be 10 degrees cooler than water wetter.
2. Potentially swap/upgrade my intake system. I am very on the fence about getting rid of my PRL HVI and getting the Eventuri intake with V2 MAF then pairing it with the Rampage Ti inlet.
3. Diagnose exhaust smell. My car is starting to smell more and more like a catless car. I'm concerned I might have burned my cat. Hopefully it's not that and it's just an exhaust leak.
4. Diagnose dragging brake pads. This is caused by the caliper more than likely. Such a shame because I JUST bought these calipers. Will try to clean out the area around the pistons as best I can.
5. Purchase Dream Automotive hard lagged inconel turbo shield and water pipe. Should provide great heat retention/shielding but costs $$$.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I did some data logging yesterday on my daily commute to/from work. My drives are about 25 minutes each way and it's an easy way to look at some "real" data for street driving. The amount of time driving is plenty to not skew the numbers in a way where I take a cold car and throw numbers out before the car even has a chance to heat soak. My tuner also had me send highway cruising data logs of at least 15 minutes for the tuning process anyways which allows me to go back to several data logs for reference points.

Throughout my drive, my IAT 2 ranges 3-10F above ambient. Before the PRL charge pipes, I observed IAT 10-20F above IAT 2.

Throughout my testing I drove the same way, in about the same level of traffic, and with the same amount of throttle input which was about 13-15% throttle (cruising).

With the new PRL charge pipes I observed IAT 1 stay consistent at about 7-10F above IAT 2.

To my surprise the PRL charge pipes with the gold tape gave me a ~ 5-10F reduction in air temps on the street. Further testing will be done to see how well it performs under repeated pulls. Next track day should be 3/28 at Thunderhill West! Hopefully I can get some minor bugs sorted.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
any tips for applying the DEI gold on?
It's rather easy and only requires patience. Try to keep the tape as flat to the surface as possible. Use thinner/narrower pieces where the bends are so you're not "stretching" the tape as much. I used a 2"x50' roll and for the bends I used a 1" or thinner width and had them overlap. Hope this helps

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Got a few things on order

1. Fujitsubo Authorize RM Exhaust. Hoping this will be a bit quieter than my Legamax which will help me pass sound at Laguna Seca. 90db days have been tough and I've been blowing sound at around 94db. It's also nice that the Fuji exhaust is titanium and will help me save a few pounds.

2. APR cooling plate. This is purely for looks. I cracked my OEM plastic one and figured I'd get the APR carbon to match my new eventuri.

3. Rampage Ti Inlet. Hoping this will help turbo charger efficiency while also lowering IAT. My goal is to reduce temps as much as possible when it comes to ECT and IAT. If the IC has to do less work to cool the charge air, the air exiting the IC should be cooler in theory.

I acquired an Eventuri V2 intake much sooner than anticipated and got it installed today. Haven't driven the car yet today because this intake reuses the OEM MAF sensor screws and I for the life of me can't find them. I sold my PRL HVI with the DEI gold tape and that intake had it's own MAF sensor screws. My reason for switching was to maximize power gains and improve airflow through the cooling stack / out of the hood vent. A user in our FK8 track car FB group shared some thermal imaging of the PRL blocking a lot of air creating excessive engine bay heat. Going to test the intake without any thermal barriers first to see how IATs are. Depending on results I might add some reflective tape on the engine side of the airbox to help lower IATs. Stay tuned.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build tjfSqkB

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Mail call!

Lots of parts arrived today. A couple of them were spur of the moment. My wallet is definitely hurting a little after this one.

1. Eventuri carbon inlet pipe
2. APR GT-250 61"
3. Fujitsubo Authorize RM Ti exhaust
4. APR CF cooling plate

A local buddy of mine had the Eventuri carbon inlet for sale so I decided to jump on it. Couldn't afford to wait several months for it to come back in stock. After consulting a few friends I decided the Eventuri would be the best inlet option compared to everything else on the market. With carbon being such a bad conductor of heat, I expect it'll give the lowest IATs. Downside to buying used is that it is missing some of the hardware and the electrical wiring loom. Will be taking a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot for the missing parts. Previous owner applied this super obnoxious sticker. I removed it, polished the carbon and ceramic coated it with CQuartz. I'll upload final pics once it's all installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build hDui5Ki

I've always wanted a big wing and I often debated between the Voltex and APR. There's no denying that Voltex has the looks and heritage. Though deep down inside I know the APR performs slightly better on this chassis due to it being more efficient. My buddy who hooked me up on the exhaust also gave me a smoking deal on the wing that I couldn't refuse. So I pulled the trigger. I went with the 61" as I think the 67" might just be too much for now unless I get some really advanced aero up front. I've heard a lot of people say that the clear coat quality on APR is junk. Looking at it in person, I can also attribute to this. Came with lots of swirls / holograms and kind of a cloudy finish. I'll be dropping off the wing and stands to my buddies over at Marina Auto Body in SF for fresh clear. Everything else about the wing is high quality though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build ud16KS3

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build H9Az0a5

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build oHkvkaQ

The Fujitsubo exhaust absolutely blew me away. The piping is featherlight! I'm definitely looking forward to something that weighs less, sounds better, looks better, and just overall higher quality. This makes my HKS look like junk sadly. Welds are insanely good and the whole exhaust just oozes quality. Definitely an artisan level piece and it’s such a shame it's underneath the car. I'll try and get some sound clips before removing the HKS Legamax. It will be for sale so HMU if you're interested!

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build z88oLdY

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build S6toOsh

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build zBE7DxX

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build vi6sHUM

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build hO7fSaf

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build uXiiSkX

APR cooling plate is definitely an Aesthetics only piece. I didn't see any noticeable difference compared to OEM. I'll have to enlarge some of the holes to accommodate for my Aerocatch pins. Should match all of the other CF pieces nicely though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build MSkBxPh

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Definitely digging the Fujitsubo. Are you worried about the small diameter negatively impacting your tune at all?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Definitely digging the Fujitsubo. Are you worried about the small diameter negatively impacting your tune at all?
I doubt the 5mm would make a difference but I could be wrong. I think the HKS Legamax is a 75mm and the Fuji is a 70mm? I'll have to double check with my tuner to see if there's going to be any perceivable difference.

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
@Lust let me know your thoughts on how the fujitsubo sounds! i have the leggy right now and if i ever want to burn money i'm definitely getting the fujitsubo since its light af

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Got a few things on order

1. Fujitsubo Authorize RM Exhaust. Hoping this will be a bit quieter than my Legamax which will help me pass sound at Laguna Seca. 90db days have been tough and I've been blowing sound at around 94db. It's also nice that the Fuji exhaust is titanium and will help me save a few pounds.

2. APR cooling plate. This is purely for looks. I cracked my OEM plastic one and figured I'd get the APR carbon to match my new eventuri.

3. Rampage Ti Inlet. Hoping this will help turbo charger efficiency while also lowering IAT. My goal is to reduce temps as much as possible when it comes to ECT and IAT. If the IC has to do less work to cool the charge air, the air exiting the IC should be cooler in theory.

I acquired an Eventuri V2 intake much sooner than anticipated and got it installed today. Haven't driven the car yet today because this intake reuses the OEM MAF sensor screws and I for the life of me can't find them. I sold my PRL HVI with the DEI gold tape and that intake had it's own MAF sensor screws. My reason for switching was to maximize power gains and improve airflow through the cooling stack / out of the hood vent. A user in our FK8 track car FB group shared some thermal imaging of the PRL blocking a lot of air creating excessive engine bay heat. Going to test the intake without any thermal barriers first to see how IATs are. Depending on results I might add some reflective tape on the engine side of the airbox to help lower IATs. Stay tuned.

tjfSqkB.jpg
everything looking good!

Just got my PRL charge pipes today..C&R/PWR Intercooler and radiator with Aquity reverse flow hoses awaiting install!