Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Sucks that the Sakebomb rotors didn't work out. I was looking to buy them since I've cracked my OEM rotors but definitely wont now.
RV6 is indeed a fantastic company, running all his suspension parts along with his downpipe. Customer service and parts quality is top notch, I have no issues getting his stuff sent here to Germany.
Rich is definitely awesome!!! Can’t recommend RV6 enough. Hit up Godfrey from Paragon brakes. They seem to be the best option available currently and the customer service thus far has been excellent
Sponsored

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Running track pads on the street vs street pads on the street
Rarely notice any difference in wear. I haven't run street pads in my track cars in years other than the CTR since I drove it stock. I am replacing them more often just due to track days back to back.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Rarely notice any difference in wear. I haven't run street pads in my track cars in years other than the CTR since I drove it stock. I am replacing them more often just due to track days back to back.
Thanks for the feedback. if i start tracking ill be upgrading the stock setup and ill just have to compare the wear vs the paragon/winmax pads

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Godfrey got back to me with some more technical information to share in regards to the rotors and R5 vs. R7 pad comparison.

Based off my research, it looks like the Paragon rotors are lighter, offer better cooling, and have great metallurgy.

Weights:
Paragon - 20.5 lbs
Girodisc - 21.1 lbs
Sakebomb - 20.6 lbs
Rolloface - 25.9 lbs

Cooling Vanes:
Paragon - 48
Girodisc - ???
Sakebomb - 32
Rolloface - ???

Size:
Paragon - 350x32
Girodisc - 350x32
Sakebomb - 350x34
Rolloface - 350x33

Rotor cooling / vanes:
Paragon FK8 2-piece front rotors feature 48 curved directional ventilation vanes. The directional ventilation vanes create suction and turbulence, and guide cool air through the rotor for improved heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track conditions. Each rotor is left or right side specific and the ventilation vanes are optimized to spin in a particular direction to pump the maximum amount of cool air through the rotor. This design allows the rotor to run up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increases cooling efficiency by up to 30% over standard 1-piece units with pillar vanes. Brake fade and judder are minimized during extended sessions. This means the brake system can withstand heavier track usage and provide consistent braking performance laps after laps.

Friction rings:
Paragon rotor rings are made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron. High carbon content allows the rotor to take a lot of heat and dissipate it quickly. Copper and exotic metals including molybdenum are added for improved strength, resistance to cracking, and thermal characteristics. After years of development and track testing, this material has been proven to perform under extreme track conditions. It allows for an optimized bite, longevity, high-temperature strength and heat-cycle durability. It is also heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration, then turned by state-of-the-art CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) machining. CBN machining ensures better break-in with new brake pads by allowing an even brake pad transfer layer deposition. Vibration is also reduced as the rotor lateral run-out is kept within 0.03mm. All rotor rings went through rigorous balancing procedures and variations are kept within 2 grams.

R5 vs. R7 compound:
Although the R7 compound will offer higher friction level throughout the temperature range, the R5 compound is easier to control. Choosing the right compound depends on various factors and also personal preferences, including driving style, track configuration, vehicle specs, etc. Some people like higher initial bite, while some prefer better modulation. So there is no perfect track compound. The R5 compound can be a good starting point, but if the highest friction level and effective temperature are what you are looking for, the R7 compound will be a good candidate. However, if the vehicle has to be driven on streets, the increased pad / rotor wear, brake noise, and dust may not be acceptable for everyone. If these downsides are not an issue, dedicated track compounds can be used on the streets.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Godfrey got back to me with some more technical information to share in regards to the rotors and R5 vs. R7 pad comparison.

Based off my research, it looks like the Paragon rotors are lighter, offer better cooling, and have great metallurgy.

Weights:
Paragon - 20.5 lbs
Girodisc - 21.1 lbs
Sakebomb - 20.6 lbs
Rolloface - 25.9 lbs

Cooling Vanes:
Paragon - 48
Girodisc - ???
Sakebomb - 32
Rolloface - ???

Size:
Paragon - 350x32
Girodisc - 350x32
Sakebomb - 350x34
Rolloface - 350x33

Rotor cooling / vanes:
Paragon FK8 2-piece front rotors feature 48 curved directional ventilation vanes. The directional ventilation vanes create suction and turbulence, and guide cool air through the rotor for improved heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track conditions. Each rotor is left or right side specific and the ventilation vanes are optimized to spin in a particular direction to pump the maximum amount of cool air through the rotor. This design allows the rotor to run up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increases cooling efficiency by up to 30% over standard 1-piece units with pillar vanes. Brake fade and judder are minimized during extended sessions. This means the brake system can withstand heavier track usage and provide consistent braking performance laps after laps.

Friction rings:
Paragon rotor rings are made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron. High carbon content allows the rotor to take a lot of heat and dissipate it quickly. Copper and exotic metals including molybdenum are added for improved strength, resistance to cracking, and thermal characteristics. After years of development and track testing, this material has been proven to perform under extreme track conditions. It allows for an optimized bite, longevity, high-temperature strength and heat-cycle durability. It is also heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration, then turned by state-of-the-art CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) machining. CBN machining ensures better break-in with new brake pads by allowing an even brake pad transfer layer deposition. Vibration is also reduced as the rotor lateral run-out is kept within 0.03mm. All rotor rings went through rigorous balancing procedures and variations are kept within 2 grams.

R5 vs. R7 compound:
Although the R7 compound will offer higher friction level throughout the temperature range, the R5 compound is easier to control. Choosing the right compound depends on various factors and also personal preferences, including driving style, track configuration, vehicle specs, etc. Some people like higher initial bite, while some prefer better modulation. So there is no perfect track compound. The R5 compound can be a good starting point, but if the highest friction level and effective temperature are what you are looking for, the R7 compound will be a good candidate. However, if the vehicle has to be driven on streets, the increased pad / rotor wear, brake noise, and dust may not be acceptable for everyone. If these downsides are not an issue, dedicated track compounds can be used on the streets.
Appreciate the research and info. R5 seems like it would be the starting point like you mentioned. then i might swap to the R7 to compare back to back .... food for thought for me

thanks

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Just got my R5 pads yesterday, and the Paragon rotors coming in today.

Also just got done with a set of Winmax W4 pads. Slightly less aggressive than the W5 or R5, but they held up to street and track very well. Interested to see if the R5 is noticeably different.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got my R5 pads yesterday, and the Paragon rotors coming in today.

Also just got done with a set of Winmax W4 pads. Slightly less aggressive than the W5 or R5, but they held up to street and track very well. Interested to see if the R5 is noticeably different.
How long did the W4 last you? How many track days?

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ordered some Goodridge lines and currently waiting for those to come in stock.
I'm waiting on these as well. I always go Goodridge because their manufacturing process is TUV certified, which means they will be safe. These other brands far as I know, do not have notified body certification.
I was surprised that people on fb and ig are having fitment issues but that group of clowns are not mechanically inclined. Once, I did receive the wrong brake lines but the sticker was correct. I didn't even need to open the box to know they were not correct. I'm betting that's what happen with them. They didn't even stop to think, "oh these might not be for this car". Instead they drilled holes and did all sorts of crazy...

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
How long did the W4 last you? How many track days?
Basically 3 track days and a total of about 1000 miles? I think the rotors took out the pads in the end with how bad the cracks got.

They held up great to heat though, and weren’t bad on the street either.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Any noise to report from the Pargon rotors? or do they have noise springs in them to minimize rattling of fully float rotors?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Any noise to report from the Pargon rotors? or do they have noise springs in them to minimize rattling of fully float rotors?
My brakes are nearly silent. If they do make noise, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Finished my brake overhaul. The piston seals on my original calipers were absolutely destroyed. Forgot to take pics but there’s no hope for them. I found that the sakebomb brake lines were rubbing again on the barrel of the wheel. Scored up my TEs which I’m not too happy about. I ordered some Goodridge lines which hopefully arrive soon.

Paragon hard anodized rotors and Paragon R5 pads went on to replace my SBG rotors and ST43 pads. I explained the differences in a previous post so please refer to that. Overall the quality looks much higher when compared to the SBG and I am very happy with the Paragon products. To top it all off, I did a very thorough brake bleed. I went through 4 bottles of Honda brake fluid to get out any air in the system. I then bled the brakes again with Endless RF650 brake fluid. This fluid is really good stuff. I’d say better than Castrol SRF when it comes to pedal feel.

Initial impressions of the rotors/pads are very good. The R5 pads have a ton of bite and extremely good modulation. Brakes were quiet and offered a smooth, judder free stop. The ST43s also had a lot of bite but not a lot of modulation. The R5 is much better in this regard.

If anyone is interested in purchasing pads or rotors, reach out to Godfrey at Paragon. He’s been a huge help and right now is a great time to buy since they’re running a group buy so hurry up and get in!

I do have a track day planned on the 23rd at Buttonwillow. Hopefully the car doesn’t act up on me because that would be pretty far from home.

Pics will be uploaded later tonight

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Some quick pics I snapped during install

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build lRDS6PB

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build yCN6BUY

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build BdZ3iNT

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 5ltcyIF

R5 compound laid down a nice uniform transfer layer. Might do some more bedding for optimal performance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 9bZqZUE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea I’m on IG @ brzpapi

makes sense that page would say that. It’s run by one of the biggest scammers and shills known to man. He’s banned here on civicX and a few other places. He only reviews products given to him and slanders companies after they refuse to work with him. Look up Aston D Martin on the FK8 groups and you’ll get allllll of the details lol.
[

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Got a little bored today and decided to take some pictures of the car and new rotors. So far the rotors and pads are very very good. Nearly silent on the street, less dust, great bite, firm pedal, easy modulation, etc. Can't wait to get back on track. Personal life keeps interfering with my track plans. This time I am FOR SURE going to Laguna Seca in December. Hopefully it'll be PB weather. Godfrey at Paragon seriously is the best when it comes to customer service. He's followed up with me every step of the way and the communication for a retail company like this is unheard of. Not enough good things to say about them. Great product and customer service to match.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build ivxyGlP

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build VveIEOP

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build oPgQBKE

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1oxdsvU

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dang those rotors look good! kinda wanna run a track day to use my my brakes to give me an excuse to upgrade lol
looking forward to the write up of the brakes after your run at Laguna Seca!
Sponsored