Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I think maybe they may be hinting at that the W5 will scrape off your old material in cold/abrasive mode while street driving. You will inevitably need to bed the material on the rotor for best performance before getting on track. Versus the carbotech street pad transfer layer is compatible with their race pads, so the user can just swap pads at the track, no need for a wasted time to bed the pads onto the rotors.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6444

I just recall on the s2k forums that with ventilated rear rotors, it allowed alot more life for the front brake system because the fronts are not compensating for the over heated rears. Brake pad life and rotor life increased. Unfortunately, you had to modify the rear caliper brackets to have ventilated 2 piece rotors in the back. I am very surprised that Girodisc is able to give the Type R ventilated rears, I suspect the improvement in pad life/rotor life would also be seen on the Type R.
That would be interesting to test but I haven’t seen any signs that my rear pads or rotors overheating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Some additional info for rear rotors
According to Paragon, a lighter 2 piece rear rotor will be lighter than OEM. This is good for preserving wheel bearing life. This does not however reduce the strain from the front brakes.

They do have a prototype BBK that is being tested on the THR-W car. Not much info yet and they will update me as development continues.

I also want to talk about how great a company @RV6 is. From product purchase to support after has been EXCELLENT. I’ve been emailing Rich back and forth for months and he’s always been able to answer my questions. Recently I discovered a small exhaust leak and Rich sent over a few gaskets to take care of that. On top of that, the alignment wrenches that came with my suspension components were bent after 1 use. Not sure if it was my alignment guy or the wrench. Rich sent over a new set of wrenches no problem. This IMO is what every company should strive towards. They provide the highest level of product and they stand by it if something is wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
My new Paragon brake rotors arrived today! I opted for the hard anodized version which is supposed to be their lightest and most durable option. Cool thing about these is that the hats won’t fade from high heat like the Girodiscs do. Initial impressions are very promising. Everything seems high quality and the design looks like it should do a good job at keeping things cool. I could immediately tell that these rotors are very light especially compared to my current Sakebomb rotors. I weighed them and they’re 20.5 lbs per rotor. Extremely satisfied and impressed so far. I’ll be installing these on Wednesday along with a new set of OEM calipers and fresh Endless RF650 fluid. Too bad I can’t rip out these Sakebomb lines while I’m there. Ordered some Goodridge lines and currently waiting for those to come in stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build F3246E95-51C0-4BBF-A9F3-E9E9B7CF484C

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build B5C6E0C9-2C3C-4D85-939F-BB5E9A32839E

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build E2FF2368-7B8E-4212-8C68-2925FBD1FFF8

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 23D6B137-633F-4C0F-9D3C-55C36FD9A81B

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
My new Paragon brake rotors arrived today! I opted for the hard anodized version which is supposed to be their lightest and most durable option. Cool thing about these is that the hats won’t fade from high heat like the Girodiscs do. Initial impressions are very promising. Everything seems high quality and the design looks like it should do a good job at keeping things cool. I could immediately tell that these rotors are very light especially compared to my current Sakebomb rotors. I weighed them and they’re 20.5 lbs per rotor. Extremely satisfied and impressed so far. I’ll be installing these on Wednesday along with a new set of OEM calipers and fresh Endless RF650 fluid. Too bad I can’t rip out these Sakebomb lines while I’m there. Ordered some Goodridge lines and currently waiting for those to come in stock.
Looking to see your review on the rotors and the new lines before I jump the gun. Driving the car completely stock at Road America this past weekend was definitely an experience although I know somethings needed to be changed due to my driving style.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Looking to see your review on the rotors and the new lines before I jump the gun. Driving the car completely stock at Road America this past weekend was definitely an experience although I know somethings needed to be changed due to my driving style.
Completely stock including wheels and tires?

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
those paragon rotors look quite nice! i think i might be getting into tracking sooner and brake upgrade will prob be right after i wear down the OEM brakes. have you ever ran track/comp pads on the street? ive never ran them before but the paragon R7 compound seem to have more cold bite as the street compound. basically everything is better. but a trade off of dust and noise.....

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Completely stock including wheels and tires?
Yes, fully stock. Brake pads, rotors, wheels, and tires. My opinion is to always drive car as is and determine from there what needs to change. Despite knowing what will need to be changed, it's always good learning the car and seeing it's capabilities. It's far too common where I see people "prepping" their car for track rather actually going. You don't know what the car will truly need until you take it out.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
those paragon rotors look quite nice! i think i might be getting into tracking sooner and brake upgrade will prob be right after i wear down the OEM brakes. have you ever ran track/comp pads on the street? ive never ran them before but the paragon R7 compound seem to have more cold bite as the street compound. basically everything is better. but a trade off of dust and noise.....
I've ran ST43 on the street and they do okay. Downside to commuting on track pads is increased pad and rotor wear since they're opperating out of their temp range.

Last edited:

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've ran ST43 on the street and they do okay. Downside to commuting on street pads is increased pad and rotor wear since they're opportunity out of their temp range.
im a complete noob to tracking and brakes. but i always thought that a "Cold bite" basically prevented track pads from being used on the street since its not at operating temp.

but after some reading it seems that was the case back in the day but not so much today depending on the pads. i know Winmax makes paragon pads.

so the below chart show the R7 significantly our performing the P3 Compound but is that relatively speaking?

from their site:

***Track and race pads are not recommended to be used on streets due to elevated brake dust and noise level, possibly higher pad and rotor wear during low speed brake events, and being not able to work 100% as designed at ambient temperature. If these downsides of dedicated track and race pads are not an issue, they can be used on streets absolutely fine.

dust and noise isnt an issue for me. if they last as long as the P3 compound. and at low speeds i usually end up downshifting instead of just braking.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1600205132831

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
im a complete noob to tracking and brakes. but i always thought that a "Cold bite" basically prevented track pads from being used on the street since its not at operating temp.

but after some reading it seems that was the case back in the day but not so much today depending on the pads. i know Winmax makes paragon pads.

so the below chart show the R7 significantly our performing the P3 Compound but is that relatively speaking?

from their site:

***Track and race pads are not recommended to be used on streets due to elevated brake dust and noise level, possibly higher pad and rotor wear during low speed brake events, and being not able to work 100% as designed at ambient temperature. If these downsides of dedicated track and race pads are not an issue, they can be used on streets absolutely fine.

dust and noise isnt an issue for me. if they last as long as the P3 compound. and at low speeds i usually end up downshifting instead of just braking.
I've always used my track pads on the street. I don't like the idea of doing the extra work, just to have street pads. Yes squealing happens, yes dust happens. Is it big deal to me, no. Just don't expect to have the same feel on the brakes in the street versus when they're nice and warmed on track. On track feels like the brake pedal is a wall. On the street, a bit squishier for me once the pads are worn in a bit. Just be mindful that street driving probably won't be bringing the pads up to temp for optimal braking like the track would unless you're just driving that fast or bedding them in everytime you drive.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've always used my track pads on the street. I don't like the idea of doing the extra work, just to have street pads. Yes squealing happens, yes dust happens. Is it big deal to me, no. Just don't expect to have the same feel on the brakes in the street versus when they're nice and warmed on track. On track feels like the brake pedal is a wall. On the street, a bit squishier for me once the pads are worn in a bit. Just be mindful that street driving probably won't be bringing the pads up to temp for optimal braking like the track would unless you're just driving that fast or bedding them in everytime you drive.
How would you say the pad/rotor wear is compared to street pads?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

from their site:

1600205132831.png
Sorry I had some typos on my post. Track pads wear quicker when operated outside of their temperature zone. I'm waiting on more information in regards to the R7 and R5 pads.

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Sucks that the Sakebomb rotors didn't work out. I was looking to buy them since I've cracked my OEM rotors but definitely wont now.
RV6 is indeed a fantastic company, running all his suspension parts along with his downpipe. Customer service and parts quality is top notch, I have no issues getting his stuff sent here to Germany.
Sponsored