Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag
Some exciting news, my C&R intercooler arrived much earlier than anticipated. Man is this a work of art. It honestly makes my HKS intercooler look mediocre.... cant wait to install on Tuesday.

g6zBdg7.jpg

jvXGVEZ.jpg

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build DIIK1kE

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build rySD6S

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build ZvsTiRA

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1szeLxJ
Just the appearance alone, the finishing is very well done.
Cannot wait for the data.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Mine came in as well on Thursday with their street rad. Can't install for another 2 weeks tho.

Some exciting news, my C&R intercooler arrived much earlier than anticipated. Man is this a work of art. It honestly makes my HKS intercooler look mediocre.... cant wait to install on Tuesday.

g6zBdg7.jpg

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Any side by side pics of C&R and HKS pictures?

They’re both tube and fin but that’s really all they have in common. The C&R is thinner but will be much more efficient will providing more consistent boost pressure. Save weight, better IATs, more power, and more airflow through to the radiator for lower ECTs

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Looks like a more refined PRL. Was their logo sprayed on already? I personally don't like that look of the manufacturer sprayed onto the IC.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Any side by side pics of C&R and HKS pictures?
I’ll take some on Tuesday.

Looks like a more refined PRL. Was their logo sprayed on already? I personally don't like that look of the manufacturer sprayed onto the IC.
Yea except this will outperform the PRL in almost everywhere and they have nothing really in common other that the shininess. I’m not a fan of sprayed on logos either but this is an exception for me.

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Thanks, excellent step by step built narration, I wish I had your skills and tools to do all this to my R. I bought a used PRL which started my upgrade journey. Do you have to remove the crash bar for this ic? I know someone with the biggest ic (up to 50lbs boost) forgot the brand who had to remove the crash bar for it to fit even though I think it's overkill.

I’ll take some on Tuesday.

Yea except this will outperform the PRL in almost everywhere and they have nothing really in common other that the shininess. I’m not a fan of sprayed on logos either but this is an exception for me.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks, excellent step by step built narration, I wish I had your skills and tools to do all this to my R. I bought a used PRL which started my upgrade journey. Do you have to remove the crash bar for this ic? I know someone with the biggest ic (up to 50lbs boost) forgot the brand who had to remove the crash bar for it to fit even though I think it's overkill.
Nope. This IC is a drop in bolt on unit. Reason I went with this is because it offers better cooling in a lighter smaller package. My HKS is too thick and is increasing my coolant temps on track. I’ll try and document the install on it.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I’m 1/3 for installs today. Uninstalled the old HKS IC and piping and installed the C&R intercooler and OEM piping. a problem I had with the HKS is the intercooler piping rubbing on the fan bracket. This is due to the angle of the HKS hot side intercooler inlet.

C&R intercooler install was very straightforward and was a direct bolt on. Not much to say there

My initial impression on the drive home is that it sheds heat more rapidly compared to the HKS and doesn’t heat soak nearly as much. I noticed that the C&R made boost much more smoothly and I noticed a small bump in top end power.

Unfortunately didn’t get to install the oil temp sensor or the DW300c fuel pump. We started late in the day and didn’t want to rush either of these installs. Hoping to get these installed sometime in the near future.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 3F02DD2D-4BAE-4B02-9D27-DE402311068B

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build E7FF1E10-139A-4F61-B505-2A110CE8F2C0

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
beautiful car OP! seeing all you other bay area guys with track spec R's has me even more ready to pull the trigger & get up to sonoma haha

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I’m 1/3 for installs today. Uninstalled the old HKS IC and piping and installed the C&R intercooler and OEM piping. a problem I had with the HKS is the intercooler piping rubbing on the fan bracket. This is due to the angle of the HKS hot side intercooler inlet.

C&R intercooler install was very straightforward and was a direct bolt on. Not much to say there

My initial impression on the drive home is that it sheds heat more rapidly compared to the HKS and doesn’t heat soak nearly as much. I noticed that the C&R made boost much more smoothly and I noticed a small bump in top end power.

Unfortunately didn’t get to install the oil temp sensor or the DW300c fuel pump. We started late in the day and didn’t want to rush either of these installs. Hoping to get these installed sometime in the near future.

3F02DD2D-4BAE-4B02-9D27-DE402311068B.jpeg

E7FF1E10-139A-4F61-B505-2A110CE8F2C0.jpeg
Looking forward to hearing about how the DW300 affects your fuel pump duty cycle. For whatever reason, my factory fueling seems to be somewhat weaker than most, and I'd like to add a bit more buffer room without spending $2k on a kit that is designed for 500 hp.

drpleiades

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '14 Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag

3F02DD2D-4BAE-4B02-9D27-DE402311068B.jpeg

E7FF1E10-139A-4F61-B505-2A110CE8F2C0.jpeg
Where did you get the intercooler from? Im looking around and C&R site doesn't have it on there. Not seeing cost, availability etc. Is it not fully out yet?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Where did you get the intercooler from? Im looking around and C&R site doesn't have it on there. Not seeing cost, availability etc. Is it not fully out yet?
You’ll have to email them. Contact Cory at [email protected]. Let him know I referred you :)

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Here's a bit of an oddball question: do you find that upgrading your suspension stiffness has blurred the line between Sport and +R? I was out for a drive yesterday, and I noticed that since I upgraded my front compliance mounts, front ball joints, and added subframe collars, I can't seem to tell a difference between Sport and +R anymore. The steering effort and directness required seems identical at all speeds, as does my road feel.
Sponsored