Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build

boarderdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I really like the adjustability of the RV6 rear sway. I am still on stock suspension, but this might be a great first step to improve turn-in. I have Titan 7 wheels at home ready to be mounted, just waiting for the lug-nuts to come in this next week. Are you still on the middle setting for stiffness?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I really like the adjustability of the RV6 rear sway. I am still on stock suspension, but this might be a great first step to improve turn-in. I have Titan 7 wheels at home ready to be mounted, just waiting for the lug-nuts to come in this next week. Are you still on the middle setting for stiffness?
Yea I left everything on factory adjustments from RV6. I think the middle setting is great for street. Still waiting to get on track for more testing

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Yea I left everything on factory adjustments from RV6. I think the middle setting is great for street. Still waiting to get on track for more testing
Cool. What does it feel like to have a stiffer rear sway? Do you only notice the difference at the limits, or does it feel different in day to day driving as well?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Cool. What does it feel like to have a stiffer rear sway? Do you only notice the difference at the limits, or does it feel different in day to day driving as well?
I notice it everywhere. The steering response is more immediate. Definitely an improvement over stock. No weird noises either. Highly recommend the RV6 pieces

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I have good news to report about the PWR radiator

Today I tracked in 97-104F ambient temps here in NorCal. I ran Thunderhill West 2 mile. Pace was sub 1:30. No limp mode. My ect temps were around 220-230 average and peeked to 250. I simply did 1 cool down lap half way through my session then hot lapped the rest.

I’ll need to run the car on tracks with longer straight aways to see if the cooling is sufficient but so far I am VERY impressed.

Hopefully Thunderhill East or Laguna is in the near future.

I am running a special coolant mix

.5 gal Honda Blue coolant
Water
Redline Water Wetter

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag

Today I tracked in 97-104F ambient temps here in NorCal. I ran Thunderhill West 2 mile. Pace was sub 1:30. No limp mode. My ect temps were around 220-230 average and peeked to 250. I simply did 1 cool down lap half way through my session then hot lapped the rest.

I’ll need to run the car on tracks with longer straight aways to see if the cooling is sufficient but so far I am VERY impressed.

Water
Redline Water Wetter
Light at the end of tunnel. I am impressed too, how many laps before the temps peaked to 250? Are you on ktuner's stage 1 tune still? Thanks
Time for me to place an order.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Light at the end of tunnel. I am impressed too, how many laps before the temps peaked to 250? Are you on ktuner's stage 1 tune still? Thanks
Time for me to place an order.
I am full bolt on minus e85 running KTuner 1.1 tune. I’d imagine the temps will get better by moving the torque curve later in the rev range and tuning down boost to 24 PSI.

Temps slowly crept after 5-7 laps. I cooled down roughly 12 minutes into the session. I didn’t need to do a full cool down lap either. Just backed off for a quarter to half of the track and my ECT1 temp was all the way back down to 190-200.

Now that I think about it, my temps pretty much only crept because of traffic in advanced group.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! That is fantastic news! Am glad to have followed your lead on the PWR race radiator as the all-in cooling solution. Had upgraded to Koyorad not to long ago.

Your success tracking advanced group @97-104F ambient, means a beginner/low intermediate person like myself should have no problems putting around the track, under any conditions ;)

How are you able to monitor and read ECT 1 and ECT2 temps?

Fwiw, the PWR seems heavier than the Koyorad by about 5 lbs or so.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Awesome results for the race spec radiator! Hopefully the street version will come close to your track version

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Yes! That is fantastic news! Am glad to have followed your lead on the PWR race radiator as the all-in cooling solution. Had upgraded to Koyorad not to long ago.

Your success tracking advanced group @97-104F ambient, means a beginner/low intermediate person like myself should have no problems putting around the track, under any conditions ;)

How are you able to monitor and read ECT 1 and ECT2 temps?

Fwiw, the PWR seems heavier than the Koyorad by about 5 lbs or so.
My KTuner + Tunerview Lite on my head unit. I have the Honda hack as well. I think this is very promising considering the rarity of 100F track days. My assumption is that in normal days like 80-90F I should have no problems

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
One other thing I forgot to talk about were the RV6 suspension upgrades.

Car turn in was absolutely fantastic. Was extremely stable at all speed and showed no signs of understeer. Felt very sharp and precise. One problem I had before was the rear end wiggling around on me when in hard braking zones. This was eliminated with the RV6 control arms and toe arms. This allowed me to trail brake much easier and carry more speed through the corners. I had a passenger with me at all times on track yesterday and I had faster times than my last outing to Thunderhill west. Another interesting data point was my peak MPH on the main straight was around 9 MPH slower. This is mostly due to the car pulling power and having a passenger in the car. Basically what this means is that even though I was slower on the straight, I was carrying significantly way more speed in corners on pretty much heat cycled out Hankook RS4.

End verdict: buy the RV6 suspension goodies. They work and they’re on the HPD cars for a reason

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag

Water
Redline Water Wetter
Glad to hear there's some positives here. When you ordered which model did you order? Street or track? I looked back on the posts and didn't see a specific. I know someone who posted the CR one said they had gotten the street one.

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag
Glad to hear there's some positives here. When you ordered which model did you order? Street or track? I looked back on the posts and didn't see a specific. I know someone who posted the CR one said they had gotten the street one.
Yeah was hoping on some clarification on C&R and PWR on their pricing and ordering too. From what I've gathered, PWR and C&R are the same, just PWR is the parent company of C&R? I could be wrong, I believe Lust ordered the track version and came out to 1166 shipped to California. However based on C&R website(not sure it is their street or track version), they have it listed for 739 and being US location based, I can't imagine the shipping costing too much.

https://www.crracing.com/product/honda-civic-type-r-2017-2019-radiator

My question to Lust is, if C&R and PWR are the same aside from the front sprayed logo, why pay for the extra premium to get it shipped from Australia for PWR?

Thanks

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
PWR is the parent company of C&R. They use the same engineering drawings. One is made in Indianapolis and one is from Australia. The C&R is a little more expensive but shipping is less. I have the street version. My first track day with it is Aug 3rd. I doubt it will be as good as the track version but should be a big improvement over stock.

Email coryg@crracing com for pricing.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Yeah was hoping on some clarification on C&R and PWR on their pricing and ordering too. From what I've gathered, PWR and C&R are the same, just PWR is the parent company of C&R? I could be wrong, I believe Lust ordered the track version and came out to 1166 shipped to California. However based on C&R website(not sure it is their street or track version), they have it listed for 739 and being US location based, I can't imagine the shipping costing too much.

https://www.crracing.com/product/honda-civic-type-r-2017-2019-radiator

My question to Lust is, if C&R and PWR are the same aside from the front sprayed logo, why pay for the extra premium to get it shipped from Australia for PWR?

Thanks
PWR is the parent company of C&R. They use the same engineering drawings. One is made in Indianapolis and one is from Australia. The C&R is a little more expensive but shipping is less. I have the street version. My first track day with it is Aug 3rd. I doubt it will be as good as the track version but should be a big improvement over stock.

Email coryg@crracing com for pricing.
I have the track version. I originally reached out to PWR first which is why I got mine from them. It would make more sense to order from. C&R which is their stateside sister company. Quality will be identical between the two. Same exact specs and materials one is just hand built in USA vs AUS.

Please let mail Cory at [email protected] and let him know Michael Wiellett sent you.
Sponsored