Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I ran Girodiscs in the past and they were a noticeable improvement over stock. SBG rotors are thicker than the Girodiscs and still are lighter than stock. My buddy is sponsored by SBG and was able to get me a deal on the SBG rotors and lines. On top of that, I like the fact that I can use AP Racing rings with the SBG hats. I would assume the AP rings would last longer and perform better overall compared to the Girodisc.

I use R+ mode and I had VSA partially off for both my track days on completely stock brakes. I had one day at Laguna Seca which is pretty hard on brakes. Yes leaving VSA partially on does use the rear brakes a bit more, but I still got good life out of the PMU CR pads. Going forward I will turn off VSA completely.

PMU CR is more of a hybrid pad IMO. The 999 I don't think is streetable. I had a set of PMU CR in the front and it only lasted me 3 track days. Yes PMU CR do dust quite a bit but having them only in the rear isn't much worse than stock. PMU CRs are streetable but do dust a bit more than stock while offering more bite and significantly less fade.

Thank you for the kind words. My goal is to share my experiences so people can be better informed on what works.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Not sure what caused it but my pedal is significantly firmer than yesterday which is a good thing IMO. Still great modulation though. I’m wondering if it’s caused from the pad cooling down after the bed in procedure.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Made some time today to install my PRL High Volume Intake. I decided to wrap the entire intake box with DEI Reflect-a-Gold. This in itself took longer than the entire install lol. Did my best to make it look uniform. Came out decent I think.

First impressions: more noticeable power in the midrange and much louder induction noise. IATs are noticeable lower. Even with ECT 1 & 2 exceeding 180F, I didn't see IAT 2 go higher than 90F. Ambient temp today was 68-70F. IAT 2 dropped temps quicker than stock too. This all resulted in lower IAT 1 temps. With the car moving at 30-45 MPH, I saw IAT 2 temps around 4-7F higher than ambient. Before I would need to be moving at highway speeds and not have the engine bay heat soaked. Pretty significant improvement IMO.

A few parts from RV6 have arrived as well! New catted DP and FP coated in black ceramic should be going on the car in the next week or so. I'll make sure to take some pics because the quality is beautiful. I will wrap both pipes in DEI titanium for ultimate heat retention.

My PWR Track radiator is in production and should be arriving in 5-6 weeks. Stay tuned for that as I have a lot of info to share about it. I think I found the silver bullet to cooling.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build JBamOn6

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build L7pdxYo

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build N2OhI82

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build uYfX7Jm

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build w8oRTU6

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build bzqDN6L

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Air box looks great! Interested in all the info you have about the PWR radiator.

J1Avs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ tS
Country flag
Awesome build man!

I'm about to swap from my BRZ tS track build to a 2020 CTR, and this is all very helpful.

We have very similar tastes too with the RS4s and Racing999's. That pad is AMAZING. I'm sure I'll be pinging you in the future with some questions.

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
Pretty cool update today. I went and visited Masa and Abe over at Stealth Labs USA in Belmont, CA for some custom work. They hooked me up with a OEM grill modification and Aerocatch install for the Varis bonnet. I was stunned by the level of care and quality of which the work was done. Cutting into the OEM grill with precision is quite difficult and he made it look easy. Cuts were super clean and symmetrical. I'd say it rivals the one from EVS but without the hefty price tag. Hit them up if you're local and looking to get some custom work done! Let them know Michael sent you over and they'll hook you up.

Mocking up the shape of the holes.

D90xkMh.jpg

Hacking away at he OEM grill

xt3AxSE.jpg

After the initial cut

W1wBey9.jpg

Final result

1TEvAL5.jpg

T5sSsgI.jpg

PyZvegO.jpg

xjj37OE.jpg

Aerocatch is on!

VoSIyhM.jpg

lh06jki.jpg

502Ybfe.jpg

Hr3U8m7.jpg

YtyjzZh.jpg

does anybody in Los angeles cut up the stock grill to look like the evasive. i looking for someone to do it for me.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Installed my RV6 Performance catted down pipe and front pipe. All I have to say is wow. Such a noticeable difference in power and smoothness. The exhaust definitely has more character now along with a more deep / throaty sound. I wrapped both pipes in DEI Titanium wrap. Wrapping the DP itself was a huge PITA and I did my best to make it look clean. I avoided wrapping the cat itself to avoid over heating it per DEI. Tunnel shield didn't arrive in time and my plan was to install that between the flex joint and oil pan. Should help reduce oil temps and coolant temps. This is pretty much it for power adders for now. I might pick up the PRL Titanium inlet if it becomes in stock or move to a drop in turbo for efficiency purposes.

I have some suspension goodies coming from RV6 as well. Sway bar, end links, toe arms, and lower control arms. Stay tuned!

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build ddoaydB

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build pif3i5Z

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build Pr76Hcx

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Sounds beast! Nice S13 hatch parked there too lol. I've had a vert and a seafoam coupe which I miss a lot.
Thanks! I’m very happy with the sound. The S13 is my buddy’s and he put a new LS in it. Thing is mean.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Made some time today to install my PRL High Volume Intake. I decided to wrap the entire intake box with DEI Reflect-a-Gold. This in itself took longer than the entire install lol. Did my best to make it look uniform. Came out decent I think.

First impressions: more noticeable power in the midrange and much louder induction noise. IATs are noticeable lower. Even with ECT 1 & 2 exceeding 180F, I didn't see IAT 2 go higher than 90F. Ambient temp today was 68-70F. IAT 2 dropped temps quicker than stock too. This all resulted in lower IAT 1 temps. With the car moving at 30-45 MPH, I saw IAT 2 temps around 4-7F higher than ambient. Before I would need to be moving at highway speeds and not have the engine bay heat soaked. Pretty significant improvement IMO.

A few parts from RV6 have arrived as well! New catted DP and FP coated in black ceramic should be going on the car in the next week or so. I'll make sure to take some pics because the quality is beautiful. I will wrap both pipes in DEI titanium for ultimate heat retention.

My PWR Track radiator is in production and should be arriving in 5-6 weeks. Stay tuned for that as I have a lot of info to share about it. I think I found the silver bullet to cooling.

JBamOn6.jpg

L7pdxYo.jpg

N2OhI82.jpg

uYfX7Jm.jpg

w8oRTU6.jpg

bzqDN6L.jpg
Awesome thread man, thanks for pointing me here. Did you check IAT temps without wrapping the intake in the DEI tape?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Awesome thread man, thanks for pointing me here. Did you check IAT temps without wrapping the intake in the DEI tape?
IAT before was 10F above ambient at minimum. Would be higher if the engine bay is heat soaked.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I wrapped the cold side of the HKS intercooler piping and have some rather underwhelming results. I drove it for the last couple weeks and haven't noticed a big difference, if any, in reduction of IAT. At best I saw a reduction of 2-3F. This wasn't always constant and I would at times see the same temps as if it weren't wrapped. This just goes to show that polished aluminum in itself is already a good material at reflecting heat. I'm still getting IAT1 temps anywhere between 10-20F above ambient. I inspected the aluminum inlet pipe and silicone inlet pipe. They were both scorching hot! I haven't seen anyone use reflective tape on that. I wonder if it will make a difference. I would definitely wrap the inlet pipe, however I haven't decided if I should stay stock or go PRL. Decisions decisions.

Another thing I observed is the PRL airbox got super hot on one side which is that closest to the engine. Seems like the reflective tape itself isn't good enough at blocking all the heat. I'm going to buy some DEI heat shield to help with heat transfer into the box. My IAT2 temps are already decent but I would prefer them to match ambient temps. Currently at 4-6F above ambient once the car is at operating temps.

I've also been monitoring ECT1 and ECT2 temps after my DP/FP install with DEI wrap. What was very interesting to me is that during 95F ambient temps, I didn't see my ECT2 temps go above 160 during idle. Previously I would see both ECT1 and ECT2 temps around 180+. I would like to think that the ceramic coated + titanium wrapped pipes made a noticeable improvement in temps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build tLSZdHk

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 0EbBLlH

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
@Lust could you feel a difference adding the rigid collars?
Yea I felt a difference. A little bit better turn in and better absorption of bumps.
Sponsored