Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Does the Varis hood always come like that? it's just unpainted right?
Only FRP. The hood is currently being painted.

did you have the hood and the grill on at this run?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how those 2 mods affected your temps compared to before.
I haven’t run the hood and vent combo on track yet. I’m doing a bunch of things at once and probably won’t be able to tell you exactly how much the grill and hood will help. Since I’m also doing a Koyorad
Sponsored

hoita_TW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fk8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really minor update

Moved over the Radium Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can and installed new JDM OEM Honda clear side markers. I might install some LED 6000k side marker bulbs, but will rock amber bulbs for now. Order is placed for some new ceramic coating. It will be another Kamikaze Collection product but can anyone guess which coating I'm going to put on? :popcorn:

And just like last time, install was a breeze. Did it in 30 minutes. Top quality from Radium with dummy proof instructions. Highly recommend this over Mishimoto plus the Radium one has a dipstick.

Currently on order: HKS Legamax exhaust and HKS Intercooler kit with piping

JOYs1Cu.jpg
I'm sorry,your oil catch can pipe gonna be wrong installed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build radium_ca

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
This one is wrong ,tubes must be switched...

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build radium_ca

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Picked up the car from Marina Auto Body today in San Francisco. Hood looks amazing! Paint match is perfect. Varis fender extensions are also paint matched and pending install once the 3M double sided tape arrives. Before leaving the city, I visited a buddy for an alignment. Somehow managed to get roughly -2 degrees of camber in the front, but I still need more!

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build aM32nM3

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build bXgAYSJ

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build CdfTctI

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 3uavGa

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clean build with lots of details! Really loving the way you cut out the stock grille for better cooling, I'm going to have to take a look at my Si's grille to see what can be done, and find a local that I would trust with the task of doing so :)

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Clean build with lots of details! Really loving the way you cut out the stock grille for better cooling, I'm going to have to take a look at my Si's grille to see what can be done, and find a local that I would trust with the task of doing so :)
Watching Masa cutting a way at my grill was a little nerve racking but it came out Uber clean. You can hardly tell it was done by hand! The only anecdotal information I have so far on the grill cuts is that my AC gets colder much quicker and my IATs drop almost instantly once the car is moving. This tells me the radiator needs all the fresh air it can get to aid in cooling. I’m going to be looking into a lot of things to keep the temps at bay. I’ll be coating the hot parts maybe, DEI titanium wrap, DEI gold reflective tape, and possibly custom ducting for the radiator.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Man I'm waiting on the wet carbon varis hood and rear fender trim pieces... It sucks they don't have at least 2-3 of their items on hand. 4-6 months is a long ass wait.

Do you think the hood latches are necessary??

For the rear Varis trim pieces did you use 3M Super Strength Molding Tape?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Man I'm waiting on the wet carbon varis hood and rear fender trim pieces... It sucks they don't have at least 2-3 of their items on hand. 4-6 months is a long ass wait.

Do you think the hood latches are necessary??

For the rear Varis trim pieces did you use 3M Super Strength Molding Tape?
I think it's a good idea to get them. The Varis latch is only secured with two screws. Having the Aero Catch latches just adds piece of mind. The last thing I would want to happen is the hood flying up damaging the Varis hood and windshield.

I used these two items from 3M to install my fender extensions

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3I1JR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey, just wondering if you decided to install the hood pin horizontally becuase of personal preference or if you were forced to because of the mounting points in the engine bay. Were those the only points you could mount the pins?

I was going to run the hood without pins but people are spooking me. I'd prefer they ran vertically though.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hey, just wondering if you decided to install the hood pin horizontally becuase of personal preference or if you were forced to because of the mounting points in the engine bay. Were those the only points you could mount the pins?

I was going to run the hood without pins but people are spooking me. I'd prefer they ran vertically though.
My installer said it would be best to install horizontally because of the curvature of the hood. Supposedly the pins should line up easier and the actuation of the pins should be smoother. We decided these mounting points would be the easiest/best.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
car looks fantastic.
can't wait to get my hands on that hood.

still waiting to hear your thoughts on the grille + hood combo as those will be my next set of mods along with the radiator/oil cooler.
(i guess more so, if you think it's worth the $400 that evasive is charging for their cut out grille)

Sweetspeed

Speeding by responsibly
First Name
Tapan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Mclaren 570s spider, 2016 Mercedes S63
Country flag
Can you post a pic of where you mounted the hood pins? I’m about to install my hood this weekend :dance:
Sponsored