parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Rotors are looking nice. I also wanted to ask if C&R ever found a donor car for their oil cooler?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks. Also wanted to say that the kzCMC clutch master cylinder with AC Delco Synchromesh is a game changer; I'm glad I waited for it.
Glad itā€™s working well for you.

Cory just got back to me and said that the donor car never followed through. So once again weā€™re looking for a car in the Indianapolis area to drop their car for a few days.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
My brakes are nearly silent. If they do make noise, Iā€™ll be sure to let you know.

Finished my brake overhaul. The piston seals on my original calipers were absolutely destroyed. Forgot to take pics but thereā€™s no hope for them. I found that the sakebomb brake lines were rubbing again on the barrel of the wheel. Scored up my TEs which Iā€™m not too happy about. I ordered some Goodridge lines which hopefully arrive soon.

Paragon hard anodized rotors and Paragon R5 pads went on to replace my SBG rotors and ST43 pads. I explained the differences in a previous post so please refer to that. Overall the quality looks much higher when compared to the SBG and I am very happy with the Paragon products. To top it all off, I did a very thorough brake bleed. I went through 4 bottles of Honda brake fluid to get out any air in the system. I then bled the brakes again with Endless RF650 brake fluid. This fluid is really good stuff. Iā€™d say better than Castrol SRF when it comes to pedal feel.

Initial impressions of the rotors/pads are very good. The R5 pads have a ton of bite and extremely good modulation. Brakes were quiet and offered a smooth, judder free stop. The ST43s also had a lot of bite but not a lot of modulation. The R5 is much better in this regard.

If anyone is interested in purchasing pads or rotors, reach out to Godfrey at Paragon. Heā€™s been a huge help and right now is a great time to buy since theyā€™re running a group buy so hurry up and get in!

I do have a track day planned on the 23rd at Buttonwillow. Hopefully the car doesnā€™t act up on me because that would be pretty far from home.

Pics will be uploaded later tonight
Hey, did you get your Goodridge lines in yet? How was the install? Looking for some feedback from CTR owners as they should have revised the bracket.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hey, did you get your Goodridge lines in yet? How was the install? Looking for some feedback from CTR owners as they should have revised the bracket.
I havenā€™t received them yet. Theyā€™re taking much longer to arrive than expected

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
could you elaborate a bit more on your suspension setup? i'm looking at the RV6 stuff and was wondering what you would recommend that really helps improve the driving characteristics of the car. i won't be on the track for awhile so i'm unsure what is worth it to get.

i've also been thinking of getting the spoon rigid collars and some eibach pro springs.

thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
could you elaborate a bit more on your suspension setup? i'm looking at the RV6 stuff and was wondering what you would recommend that really helps improve the driving characteristics of the car. i won't be on the track for awhile so i'm unsure what is worth it to get.

i've also been thinking of getting the spoon rigid collars and some eibach pro springs.

thanks in advance!
I think the sway bar and Swift springs were the biggest felt difference. The sway bar definitely made the car rotate better.

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
I had an issue with my Goodridge lines that I thought I'd share:

It seems that the angle of the lines and the bracket it's going through won't allow for it to travel back and forth smoothly. It ends up getting shoved to the wheel side and will cause the lines to rub against the wheel. It might not occur if you have bigger wheels but I'm on 18s.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1606965634755

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1606966601202

I've used a bunch of zip ties for now to essentially stop the line from traveling on the body side and only provide enough slack for the wheel side cabling to move around. Unsure what Goodridge intended for you to do to have it work properly.... very frustrating.

Last edited:

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
Quick update: Goodridge reached out and will be trying to send me lines that have shorter fittings coming out of the block to hopefully resolve the issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1607032400655

According to the rep, the lines aren't really supposed to travel in the middle bracket but I am slightly dubious of that. It would make sense for it to have some travel to account for left/right wheel turn and up/down suspension travel.

I also ordered some clamps as a failsafe because I don't trust zip-ties to last that long.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00938915K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll update here when they come in and I get them fitted on the car.

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
Good news!

The updated lines from Goodridge arrived last week and I got them installed today. As you can see in the pic, the new lines have the fitting going into the block be much shorter, which allows for more bend when it's installed. Long story short, there is plenty of clearance now and everything is working as intended.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1608578225440

Don't have a pic of them being installed on the car but heres a pic showing much more bend the newer lines have:
Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build 1608578337888

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Good news!

The updated lines from Goodridge arrived last week and I got them installed today. As you can see in the pic, the new lines have the fitting going into the block be much shorter, which allows for more bend when it's installed. Long story short, there is plenty of clearance now and everything is working as intended.

1608578225440.png

Don't have a pic of them being installed on the car but heres a pic showing much more bend the newer lines have:
1608578337888.png
My goodridge lines havenā€™t arrived yet. Soon hopefully though. My sakebomb lines are rubbing quite terribly and are now possibly leaking :/

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
My goodridge lines havenā€™t arrived yet. Soon hopefully though. My sakebomb lines are rubbing quite terribly and are now possibly leaking :/
covid has made shipping a nightmare :mad:

i'd try getting some zipties on your lines as a temporary measure to prevent them from rubbing too much, it worked for me while i was waiting on my new lines to come in. you will need to get them on a lift so you're able to turn lock to lock to make sure it's working correctly though

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
covid has made shipping a nightmare :mad:

i'd try getting some zipties on your lines as a temporary measure to prevent them from rubbing too much, it worked for me while i was waiting on my new lines to come in. you will need to get them on a lift so you're able to turn lock to lock to make sure it's working correctly though
I just received my lines and it looks like I have the older revision lines. How did you reach out to Goodridge? I'd hate to install an outdated part. Thanks!

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag
I just received my lines and it looks like I have the older revision lines. How did you reach out to Goodridge? I'd hate to install an outdated part. Thanks!
I just sent a message through the contact section on their website:
https://goodridge.com/uk/contact/

Two guys who were in contact with my issue:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Just mention that you are on 18s and the older fittings wont allow the lines to clear the wheels without scraping
Sponsored