lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had to take off my original louvers because they made too much noise under high speed. Unfortunately, the brackets that come with the louvers are POS. They are good enough to keep the louvers on, but you can't take them on and off again, the brackets break. So I ended opting for a newer style of louver for this new year that has a more contemporary look, rather than the jagged look of the original. I also painted it with better 2K gloss clear, rather than Rustoleum clear, giving it a better shine and weather-resistance. To solve the wind rattling issue, I put soft foam-like weather stripping along all the open edges so none of the plastic edges are touching the window except for the frame. Here are some comparison pics of old versus new.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) 1st Ikon Louver fit 4.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0192

View attachment 158826

View attachment 158827

View attachment 158828

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_6964 edited

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0194

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
To complete the ground effects, I bought little winglets that were made for the non-si rear bumper. They are close in fit, but not completely perfect. These will be coming off soon as I am switching my ground effects up a bit and I felt drag from these at high speed as soon as I put them on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_7900.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
An issue I've had with both sets of louvers was my trunk opening up fully and scratching the paint. To solve this, I bought rubber pipe ends from Home Depot and put them over the OEM trunk arm stops. The 3/4 diameter opening rubber tips fit perfectly over the OEM stops and they hold tight without having to glue them. The trunk also still opens wide and stops just before hitting the louvers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_5380.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2077.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_4859.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I tried a chrome delete with gloss black vinyl. I uitimately didn't stick with it and my car has it's chrome window lining back. I feel like it fit the wheel and flow of the car better. Also, compared to my earlier pictures, I also have clear side markers now to try and balance out the white and black on the car. I haven't found a pair of aftermarket side markers that don't let condensation in, so I may go back to smoked markers just so it hides the droplets a bit better. I've tried sealing the markers edges and plug openings with weather sealant to no success. Anyway, here is a comparison of the chrome delete vs not.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Tint vs No Tint 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Tint vs No Tint 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) Tint vs No Tint 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0297.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lastly for this update:

I changed out my rear motor mount once again for the OEM one, but filled with window-weld this time. It is a solid fix of stiffness between the Hasport 62A and HardRace. At idle, you do get some NVH, but definitely not as significant as the Hasport. Because I have my exhaust now, it all get covered up by the exhaust tone. I may end up just going back to the Hasport 62A now due to the exhaust covering up a lot of NVH.

Also, I left a parking space next to a curb at too narrow of an angle and ended up smashing my passenger side side skirt, breaking it. I will be taking the side skirts off as well as the rear winglets, but leaving my CTR lip on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1378.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_5044.JPG

I have HFP side skirts coming in and am going to try skirt extension steps on those for a different style later on. I've had fun with turning heads and getting revved on by everyone with a modified car, but I want to bring it back to a cleaner more subtle look again.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'd really appreciate it if the OP reached out because we would be very interested in trying to determine what is going on with this set of tips.

1) We have firmed up our own supplier of tips since the release of these systems for tighter quality control
2) We have some new things in the works on the horizon for tip options as well

Realistically, I hope we do hear from the OP on this system because we would like to take care of him!

Are you disappointed with the exhaust? For the $ I'd hope the tips would stay looking good a bit longer, winter or not.
I agree. The tips quality is disappointing, but the exhaust as a whole is a good exhaust. None of the piping is deteriorating and all the couplings are holding strong without leak. The system does what it is supposed to. The only other thing that disappointed me initially was how loud the street version was. But for the tone and pops I get from it, everything kinda balances out. Hopefully the newer made exhausts are better quality. This was one of the first exhausts sent out.
Maybe @MAPerformance can do something for you. The tips should definitely stay looking good longer than they have. That is the part people see.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd really appreciate it if the OP reached out because we would be very interested in trying to determine what is going on with this set of tips.

1) We have firmed up our own supplier of tips since the release of these systems for tighter quality control
2) We have some new things in the works on the horizon for tip options as well

Realistically, I hope we do hear from the OP on this system because we would like to take care of him!

Hey @MAPerformance ! I appreciate this. I just sent a PM

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sweet build, keep up the good work.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
An issue I've had with both sets of louvers was my trunk opening up fully and scratching the paint. To solve this, I bought rubber pipe ends from Home Depot and put them over the OEM trunk arm stops. The 3/4 diameter opening rubber tips fit perfectly over the OEM stops and they hold tight without having to glue them. The trunk also still opens wide and stops just before hitting the louvers.
Thanks for this, there is definitely a bit of contact at the end of the trunk motion. Took a lot of looking to find them, they are listed as "3/4 inch rubber leg tips" for chair legs.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After smashing my side skirts, I decided to not go with the side skirt extensions again, but rather get the HFP ones. As much as I liked the Type R look and the lowered look of the car, I like how the HFP side skirts flow better. I also had to take off the CTR front lip as road debris tore it up and started pulling it off the bumper.

The bumper looks like swiss cheese underneath now from all the different lips I've had on it. It is nice not having to worry about scraping my front bumper now and being able to drive the car how I want. There is also noticeably less drag without all the extra aero pieces.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2911.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_9381.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_2941.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would you ever consider the procivic front lip or are you kinda over front lips for now :pickme:
I'm over it for right now. If I am going to do something else to the front, I want to mold it to the bumper so it would be stronger overall. I notice a lot less drag without a lip on now too, so I'm enjoying just being able to drive my car without having to worry about the front bumper being ripped off by a high manhole or poor roads.

JonEricFountain

First Name
Jon-Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is an awesome thread. Thanks for all your post and time and effort. It is greatly appreciated. Would you say with your lowering kit that a front and rear camber kit is essential?
Sponsored