lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been lurkin' on here long enough and inspired by other's work to show my own. The Si has always been a dream car of mine since I first got smoked by a B16 in the '99 Si's. This car is going to be a flurry of different styles, mainly picking and choosing the subjective best of everything I can.

Bought the car May 2018. Had the dealer put in low-wall all weather mats, Ziridium protection throughout, and I installed a trunk net a week later to hold cleaning supplies. (I did not rivet in the net holders like supposed to, but it works just fine being screwed in.)

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_0978.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With this being a turbo'd car with plenty enough acceleration for me at the moment, I decided to focus on suspension first. As I got this car while I was also still moving into a new home, the easiest way to settle my need for modding was to install a front upper strut bar by Ultra Racing. I really like the one-piece build of this unit as you can definitely feel the suspension tighten up when making turns. The front feels more unified now, especially in conjunction with the sway bars.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_5155.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The shifter always felt a little too light for me, so I decided to throw on a heavier shift knob to help pull it's own weight ;). Picked gold because it looks real ballin', and as they say, balls are life... or something like that.

At the same time, I also ordered a Hondata Flashpro to unleash some of the beast in my turbo and also void the warranty because I like living on the edge. You can see the Flashpro kind-of hooked up in this picture with my knob. lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) 55001685275__4D05C755-2ECF-4859-8973-0C9366AB6873.JPG

I went 6+ tuned boost all the time at first with the reflash, but decided to turn the +6 boost on only in Sport mode so I'd save gas. Since I take longer trips sometimes, being able to run without always having the urge to gas it with the awesome pull of a turbo will save myself financially in the future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't like not being able to see when the police are coming up behind me fast to give me a ticket, so I installed a 300 mm convex Broadway mirror. It not only gives me a clearer picture of what's behind me, but also what's in my possible blind spots through the side rear windows, the soulless eyes of the driver behind me, and my future in reverse. In all seriousness, it is a great mirror I use in all the cars I drive because it gives a clarity that regular OEM mirrors can't. Some people say they get car sick looking into my mirror, but to each their own.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1087.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Next was the intake. I've never been a fan of any stock air box, mostly from an aesthetic point of view. They clutter up the engine bay and don't give me +25 hp like Injen says my new intake does. Granted, I do understand that I am getting minimal gains from my Injen Cold Air Intake, but I base my reasoning for buying a CAI off of Hondata's video of them dyno-ing an Si with different brands and types of intakes. They showed +9 HP with CAI (doesn't matter the brand), and close to no gains of HP with all the short-ram type intakes. INCLUDING the "cold air" boxes that sit just like a short ram, but with a box with a peek-a-boo hole. Here's the video in-case you're wondering:

I've always been afraid of hydrolocking, especially since I watched my brother's Del Sol hydrolock back in the day, requiring a whole new engine. So I did my best to make a 2-layer system on my intake cone to keep water out. An Injen hydroshield and a "heat shield" that is supposed to be used with SRI's, but I'm using it as a second guard faced down in the bumper well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1062.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1065.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1059.JPG

Funny story about install: the day I put this in, I had my pupils dilated for an eye exam. So when I got home, I was so excited to install this, I just said f- it and put it in dang-near blind. It was one of the suckiest installs ever as I had to feel out much of what I was doing rather than being able to see it. Took a lot longer than it should have.

I really like this intake a lot. Not only can I feel a difference in my throttle response when I put the pedal down more aggressively, but I also no longer crave the need for a blow off valve since the intake makes a blow off sound when I come off the throttle under boost. Best part of my day when driving right there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I spent some time comparing pics on google between the clear side markers vs the smoked side markers as I wanted something different, but the clear sides on a white car just looked like the factory forgot to color them in and cheaped out. So I went smoked.

The bright white LEDs that these side markers come with from ProCivic really pull the front of the car together well. During the day, you get more black-ish accents to off-set the white, and at night, the white LED bulbs flow nicely with the white LED daytime running lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1054.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1051.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1052.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I contended with different suspension options since the beginning of owning this car. I've never lowered a car myself and therefore didn't have much experience. So thank you forum for knowledging the hell out of me on the subject of coilovers vs lowering springs with our cars. At first, I was going to go Ground Control coils, but decided against it as it just seemed too aggressive for what I was actually going to use the car for. Eibach didn't get low enough for me so it was between Skunk2 and D2 lowering springs. Rather than get another coilover system, I wanted to continue to utilize the ADS on my Si because I like how it worked. When the dampers give out, maybe I'll go the coilover route, but for now the D2 springs won.

It was quite a bi*** getting the front struts out. Changing all 4 springs out took me a total of 5 hours. I pretty much memorized the steps from watching different youtube videos over and over again, and then attempted it in my local shop that lets me use their lifts. Overall, the drop feels pretty significant from OEM ride height and ride quality has definitely become a bit harsher. I got an alignment to fix my awful toes (front and rear), but my camber is still all off in the rear. I'm not going to autocross this car anytime soon, so I don't need all the rear stance game. Lowering this car definitely makes it look a lot better in my opinion, even with OEM wheels.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1071.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1072.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1073.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1080.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1082.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1083.JPG

I still have to go back and get the front realigned as well as the rear after I put my adjustable camber arms in.

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
When you get new legs, you gotta get new shoes to celebrate. So I went with XXR 531's 18 x 9.5 so I get a nice little tuck. I'm going to try to keep the OEM tire size of 235/40, though I've heard with similar setups they tend to rub. We'll see when I get more weight in the car.

Funny thing is after I took the picture of the front wheel, it started to roll down the hill because I'm stupid. Fastest I've ever run in flip flops. Luckily, only the inner part of the rim was scratched a little, but nothing on the face or anything that shows.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1068.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1069.JPG

I'm going to attempt to get the tires on the wheels and wheels on car this weekend while I also install the SPC rear camber arms to reel those big boys back in in the back.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1088.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Today, I put in an Acuity throttle pedal relocation bracket so I could heel-toe a bit better and I say it is a definitely improvement. The lifted pedal height not only helped my heel-toe shifting, but also the throttle it more comfortable for me to utilize now. It takes some getting used to since the pedal is higher though. I played with the different positioning and found the "C' position is the best for me since it is still a little lower than normal brake pedal height, so when I push the brake pedal, I can more comfortably shift the side of my foot over the hit the gas. The "B" setting places the throttle and brake pedals at the exact same height and closer together. I didn't like this because as I would brake harder and the pedal would go lower, it would be harder for my lateral foot edge to reach back up to the throttle and was just more uncomfortable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) IMG_1086.JPG

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I found that Ikon Motorsports made rear louvers for our cars and it cracked me up for a good while :spaz:. The more I looked at them though, the more they grew on me, especially as I imagined it on my car. The stock photo that they use to advertise it does not look good on their civic, but I decided to bite the bullet after thinking about it for a whole night and day and am going to see if the rear louvers look good on a WOP lowered si. After looking at them on Nissan 370s, Toyota 86s, and a Miata, I wanted to give it a chance to stand out. It should be here at the end of the week, so we shall see.

There are also TypeRLEDs in the future for my interior lights and rear flashers/brake lights. Stay tuned.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lurker_J's Burrows ('18 Si Sedan) wdlr-hc164-2-

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! Thanks for all the info and pics! You've got me interested in the wider rear view mirror....

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Very nice! Thanks for all the info and pics! You've got me interested in the wider rear view mirror....
I really like this mirror. Broadway makes a couple different widths (300 mm is like a medium size mirror, and is about an inch or so wider than the OEM mirror) and also have some color difference (i.e. cool blue hue reflection rather than clear/silver-transparent). It is also very helpful for switching lanes/merging since I don't have to turn my head anymore to look at my blind spots. I just look at the mirror to see through the windows. My head and eyes generally get to stay forward and pay attention to any split-second decisions that need to be made.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I found that Ikon Motorsports made rear louvers for our cars and it cracked me up for a good while :spaz:. The more I looked at them though, the more they grew on me, especially as I imagined it on my car. The stock photo that they use to advertise it does not look good on their civic, but I decided to bite the bullet after thinking about it for a whole night and day and am going to see if the rear louvers look good on a WOP lowered si. After looking at them on Nissan 370s, Toyota 86s, and a Miata, I wanted to give it a chance to stand out. It should be here at the end of the week, so we shall see.
Holy crap, someone is actually buying that monster. Not gonna lie, I considered it too. Oh, and you can safely run the +9 psi map on the SI clutch.
Sponsored