Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue

Quiksilver79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn, 1968 Buick Special Deluxe, 1970 Plymouth Road Runner, 2001 Dodge Neon
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and am looking at buying a new Civic coupe EX-T in a few weeks to replace my 222,000 mile '01 Dodge Neon I've had since brand new lol. I am looking at three colors, the new blue, Lunar Silver and Energy Green, with silver being my main choice so far. What are your opinions of these colors? I've never had a Honda before and have always had American cars, but with the new redesign and since I've test driven the new coupe, I have fallen in love!
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm biased- I've owned a Fiji Blue Pearl Si and Dyno Blue Si, and now an Aegean Blue Touring.

Honestly- it's a STUNNING color and I get looks constantly. It's not as outlandish as the Energy Green (which is WAY too boy racer for me). The silver is nice but silver is a dime a dozen color. I'd go with White Orchid Pearl before silver.

Honestly though it just comes down to preference. For me- blue was the only route. It stands out, is unique, and isn't pushing the border on too juvenile- but everyone's different.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue ima

Honda Civic 10th gen Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue ima

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love that blue!

Modernboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, 1977 Chevrolet Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My vote is for the Blue. I sell at a Honda dealer and have found the Blue Colors (cosmic blue and aegean blue) to be the most popular. Silver is always a great choice and the new Lunar Silver is much better than the previous silver that was on the Civic. Energy Green is a question mark, if you are thinking about resale down the road the buyer for that color is going to be few and far between. On the other hand if you are going to have this one for many years I would say go with your heart. If your heart says Energy Green I can guarantee you will have no problem finding it in a parking lot!:D

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and am looking at buying a new Civic coupe EX-T in a few weeks to replace my 222,000 mile '01 Dodge Neon I've had since brand new lol. I am looking at three colors, the new blue, Lunar Silver and Energy Green, with silver being my main choice so far. What are your opinions of these colors? I've never had a Honda before and have always had American cars, but with the new redesign and since I've test driven the new coupe, I have fallen in love!
well I'm biased:D:respect:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm biased- I've owned a Fiji Blue Pearl Si and Dyno Blue Si, and now an Aegean Blue Touring.

Honestly- it's a STUNNING color and I get looks constantly. It's not as outlandish as the Energy Green (which is WAY too boy racer for me). The silver is nice but silver is a dime a dozen color. I'd go with White Orchid Pearl before silver.

Honestly though it just comes down to preference. For me- blue was the only route. It stands out, is unique, and isn't pushing the border on too juvenile- but everyone's different.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
age is a state of mind:respect:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My vote is for the Blue. I sell at a Honda dealer and have found the Blue Colors (cosmic blue and aegean blue) to be the most popular. Silver is always a great choice and the new Lunar Silver is much better than the previous silver that was on the Civic. Energy Green is a question mark, if you are thinking about resale down the road the buyer for that color is going to be few and far between. On the other hand if you are going to have this one for many years I would say go with your heart. If your heart says Energy Green I can guarantee you will have no problem finding it in a parking lot!:D
yeep:D:p

jaxinaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT

I just got my new 2016 Honda Civic EXT a week ago and love it! I had a hard time deciding on a color until I saw the Lunar Silver on the showroom floor and had to have that one. Very classy and sporty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue IMG_0972.JPG

jaxinaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
I just got my new 2016 Honda Civic EXT a week ago and love it! I had a hard time deciding on a color until I saw the Lunar Silver on the showroom floor and had to have that one. Very classy and sporty.

IMG_0972.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue IMG_0975.JPG
Another pic. Am so loving this car!

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
I was really torn between the Silver and Aegean Blue. I really love both colors very much. Like you, I was replacing my old personal car (that's my '03 Civic LX next to my new AB Touring on trade-in day :D ), so I think for me I think I wanted to do something out of character and less "predictable". Silver, black or charcoal grey have been the go-to colors for the past several cars (CRVs or Odyssey's) I've bought for the main family car, including our current black Odyssey Elite. But since my Civic is just mine, I wanted to be a bit more impulsive. At my advanced age (46-47), maybe there's just a smidgen of mid-life crisis going on here - relive my bright-colored youth perhaps...? At least I didn't go crazy and buy a Corvette! lol :D

Like others have said, the car gets a lot of comments and looks, and I have to say I'm very glad I went with the more vibrant color. Looks especially good after a wash/wax as the Chicago area sun is setting on a clear Fall day.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lunar Silver, Energy Green or New Blue IMG_5543.JPG
Sponsored