Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
How is that insurance fraud, we're talking about the dealer warranty?

Law requires the manufacturer to prove your springs caused the problem. Good luck with that.
Pretty sure putting stock springs back on after damage caused by lowering springs and taking for warranty is fraud. Same w reflashing ecu to stock after custom tune. I guess it would be warranty fraud rather than insurance fraud.

I dont think the mods have to cause damage, just contriubute to to deny coverage. Pretty low bar.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Pretty sure putting stock springs back on after damage caused by lowering springs and taking for warranty is fraud. Same w reflashing ecu to stock after custom tune. I guess it would be warranty fraud rather than insurance fraud.

I dont think the mods have to cause damage, just contriubute to to deny coverage. Pretty low bar.
Yeah, just wasn't sure why you said insurance. :) But I wonder what kind of damage could be caused by lowering springs? Bottoming out certainly wouldn't be covered by any warranty, springs or not.

They have to prove your mods caused or contributed to the damage. Pretty difficult - how would they prove your custom tune caused the engine to throw a rod? They can say it, but proving it is entirely another thing.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Yeah, just wasn't sure why you said insurance. :) But I wonder what kind of damage could be caused by lowering springs?
Pretty much anything connected to the suspension would be up for judgment. Shocks worn out too early? Spring rates aren't matched properly with the shocks' damping rates/spring heights don't keep the shock in its optimal range. Torn LCA bushings? Springs were too hard and stressed the bushings beyond intended specs. Steering rack going bad? Lower height put the tie rods at different angle.

I never asked a dealer to warranty anything that was connected to something I had modded. I also figured that if took it there once, they'd note any modified parts I had added and could reference them later.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I plan on buying lowering springs for my hatch but was wondering about how much it would cost to get those installed?
Hello--greetings from Baltimore--
So I too have a 17 Sport Hatchback. Do you know if by lowering the car do you need to just replace the springs or are there other parts that need to be replaced like struts, shocks etc...?
Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport IMG_2465.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport IMG_2460.JPG

OP
OP
Dxz3

Dxz3

Drew
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I too have a 17 Sport Hatchback. Do you know if by lowering the car do you need to just replace the springs or are there other parts that need to be replaced like struts, shocks etc...?
Thanks

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG
In order to lower it you just need lowering springs. you can use the factory front struts, take the factory springs off the struts and put the lowering springs on them

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In order to lower it you just need lowering springs. you can use the factory front struts, take the factory springs off the struts and put the lowering springs on them
I know Eibach usually has decent Springs--but I've heard that you have to re-alignment after replacing springs & another thing ....starts with R...hmmm

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG
You will want to look at a set of rear camber arms, it's the only way to get the rear wheels back within factory spec alignment after any significant drop.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You will want to look at a set of rear camber arms, it's the only way to get the rear wheels back within factory spec alignment after any significant drop.
Yup--I knew it would be more than just replacing the springs...thank you my good man

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Yup--I knew it would be more than just replacing the springs...thank you my good man
If you want to do it properly almost no aftermarket spring is going to be stiff enough. You usually want something like double the rate for a 1 to 2" drop. And then you need shocks with the correct stroke and custom valving for the super stiff springs. And then your alignemnt is off so you need control arms. And then your suspension geometry is wrong, especially the front macphearson and you need roll center adjustors to fix it or custom knuckles but no one makes them.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm still not used to high up the car looks, with the sporty body kid it looks kinda weird with so much ground clearance. No plan to mod mine though since its my work car.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag
No more than $100-$150.

A shop i know charges around 50 for front wheels and 50 for rear wheels.
Where is this shop? I live in Socal.

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
would also like to know where this 100 dollar shop is. did they trim your bump stops also?

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
Paid 180 for install. Top part of past photo is car before drop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport IMG_3315.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport IMG_3317.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering the 2017 Hatch Sport 48DA4D0F-8D1F-474D-961E-46C8FE8FB777