First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D2 or truhart. Which one and why? I know theyre about the same but just the price difference. Lmk what yalls know! Thanks
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
d2 drop is too low... i got the eibach springs..the model with the more mild drop just havent put them on yet.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D2 or truhart. Which one and why? I know theyre about the same but just the price difference. Lmk what yalls know! Thanks
not sure if you're referring to the D2 coilovers but I went with D2 lowering springs for the wheel/tire setup im getting. Better suited for closing the wheel gap than the more conservative Eibach Pro kit.
Handlings good and im forunate to live in areas with not so steep driveways lol

OP
OP
18CivicSI_Peter

18CivicSI_Peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not sure if you're referring to the D2 coilovers but I went with D2 lowering springs for the wheel/tire setup im getting. Better suited for closing the wheel gap than the more conservative Eibach Pro kit.
Handlings good and im forunate to live in areas with not so steep driveways lol
What wheel and tire set up are you going with? Rubbing issues? Any problems? Got pics?

si_aneezy

First Name
Anir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i put on d2 springs but I wish I had a little more tire tuck. Stock tires that came with the car there is no rubbing at all.

Turbodude06

First Name
James Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I heard somewhere that the D2 & Truhart are the exact same spring. But D2 has been around for awhile now and for the same price might as well go with them. I have them and they ride great I love the way my car handles. ***BUT!!!!!!!!! My pet peeve is when a car sits lower in the rear than the front and my D2's do this and it drives me crazy!!!!

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What wheel and tire set up are you going with? Rubbing issues? Any problems? Got pics?
17x9 +40 on 255/40/17... wheels still havent came in yet but i got the set up from this post asking Multaq about his setup. He is running D2 Springs on 18x9 +35 - 255/35/18.
Only fender work he did is the tab mod but no pulling or rolling the fender.

here is the link... page 203 he mentions the d2 springs with more pics.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-set-up.3356/page-202

I used the "will they fit" website to compare his setup to the one i want and it matches with mine being slightly more tucked.
link below.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=9&offset2=35

Also here is the tab mod thread.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/tire-rub-on-side-marker-screws.23712/page-2

Rowdy_1

First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
So it looks like they both give a 2" drop. Is there any difference or should I save the money and go with the trueharts?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it looks like they both give a 2" drop. Is there any difference or should I save the money and go with the trueharts?
Just comes down to preference on brand. personally, I'd go with D2 as majority people run those (when comparing the two) and have no issues. Love my D2 springs

Rowdy_1

First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Just comes down to preference on brand. personally, I'd go with D2 as majority people run those (when comparing the two) and have no issues. Love my D2 springs
Awesome. Just got the D2 springs today. Thank you

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. Just got the D2 springs today. Thank you
Awesome enjoy bro!

Did you get rear camber arms as well? You're going to need them because of the big drop or else you'll have alignment problems

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Count me in the "these are too low" camp. Same with the Eibach Sportlines which is their more aggressive option.

The adaptive shocks are one of the best things about the Si and running lowering springs that remove almost 2" of suspension travel is hamstringing the shocks' ability to do their job.

Unless all you care about is going as low as possible, there are better options for getting some lowering while maintaining suspension travel. Eibach Pro-Kit, Tein S.Tech, Whiteline and Swift Spec-R are all more reasonable amounts of lowering.
Sponsored