Lowering springs

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Are lowering springs bad? I really don't wanna spend 1000 on coil overs.
Sponsored

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
Depends. Can be bad. Really depends on alot of things. However in the end , all springs will shorten the life if your struts so youll spend that money down the road anyway. You dont have to spend a grand though. If youre not tracking the car and its a daily you can get some decent coilovers in the 6-800 range. So honestly id just save and spend a lil extra now or spend possibly more later! Good luck!

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depends. Can be bad. Really depends on alot of things. However in the end , all springs will shorten the life if your struts so youll spend that money down the road anyway. You dont have to spend a grand though. If youre not tracking the car and its a daily you can get some decent coilovers in the 6-800 range. So honestly id just save and spend a lil extra now or spend possibly more later! Good luck!
THanks bro

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Many of us on the site have installed Eibach springs. While long term affects on this platform in regards to shocks/struts are not proven nobody has reported any negative impact on ride quality as far as I know.

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us on the site have installed Eibach springs. While long term affects on this platform in regards to shocks/struts are not proven nobody has reported any negative impact on ride quality as far as I know.
I was looking at eibach springs but if in the long run it's better to get coilovers, I might as well. Thanks homie.

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
Basic lowering springs are just fine, yes they will shorten the struts life spawn but struts are cheap these days ($80)

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is true, however, doing math , eibachs average $240ish + install (unless u do it yourself) and then down the road struts at $80 ea x4 is $320 + install (unless u do it yourself) but without tax, shipping or install your already at $560ish, so id reccomend spending a few hundred more at most and get coilovers! Youll have more control over height, camber, ride quality etc, and when your all done you can sell em and put your still fresh stock suspension back on for resale! However springs are a quick cheap solution! Oh and another cost youll have with springs is indeed a camber kit! Wich vary so who knows, but still an added cost. Believe me, im struggling myself. Cant afford coilovers right now, but i can springs, but i reallllly would prefer coils. So im fighting wether to just get springs now or save a while get coils. Its hard choice for sure! My fear of saving is everytime i do, something happens to cost me all of what ive saved, and i can avoid that getting springs now, but i want coils lol, what a dillema!

Jerry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Cant afford coilovers right now, but i can springs
Same situation here, but I don't really like or dislike any of the two since even if I get coilovers, I'll let someone set it and forget about it. lol. What I am also waiting for is struts or shocks with good qualities for spring upgrade so that I can have a better ride quality overall.

But I guess after all, $ springs + camber kit +struts + installation fees = $ coilovers.:hmm:

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same situation here, but I don't really like or dislike any of the two since even if I get coilovers, I'll let someone set it and forget about it. lol. What I am also waiting for is struts or shocks with good qualities for spring upgrade so that I can have a better ride quality overall.

But I guess after all, $ springs + camber kit +struts + installation fees = $ coilovers.:hmm:
Yea its all relative lol. But the best ride i ever had was indeed what you were talking about, i had some tokico struts w ohlins springs and it was a perfect stance, and a dreamy ride! So sometimes building your own combination is where its at!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Are there any brands of coilovers you recommend in the 600 range?

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are there any brands of coilovers you recommend in the 600 range?
Theyre not the greatest but bang for buck megans have been pretty decent on a few of my cars. K sport has some too in that range but ive never used em so cant speak but look very well made and reviews aren't bad at all. Tein is coming with some in the next month and should have a entry level in that range. Id wait for them. Thats what im doing. Waiting for tein. But if u need immediately id grab megans or ksports. Id not use godspeed or raceland or truharts from what ive read and know of them throughout the years.

bluehatch

First Name
Krispy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Theyre not the greatest but bang for buck megans have been pretty decent on a few of my cars. K sport has some too in that range but ive never used em so cant speak but look very well made and reviews aren't bad at all. Tein is coming with some in the next month and should have a entry level in that range. Id wait for them. Thats what im doing. Waiting for tein. But if u need immediately id grab megans or ksports. Id not use godspeed or raceland or truharts from what ive read and know of them throughout the years.
have you heard of D2 Rs coilover? I am also looking to get a coilover for my car. I don't mind spending extra. I just want to spend one time and have a good quality product. If you can please recommend me a good coilover for my car.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have you heard of D2 Rs coilover? I am also looking to get a coilover for my car. I don't mind spending extra. I just want to spend one time and have a good quality product. If you can please recommend me a good coilover for my car.
I have. I have zero experience with d2 so i cannot comment. Others here have used them though. Me personally, im waiting for Tein.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic rs
I just had tien street advance fitted and am so far very impressed. Lowered to a high I like and the ride is just a little harder than stock. Where I live the roads are far from the best.
Sponsored