Lowering Springs? Help

Professor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm looking to buy D2 racing lowering springs, but I have heard I should replace my shocks as well.

1.) What brand would go well with the D2 springs?
2.) Are shocks and struts the same and will I have to buy both?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I'm looking to buy D2 racing lowering springs, but I have heard I should replace my shocks as well.

1.) What brand would go well with the D2 springs?
2.) Are shocks and struts the same and will I have to buy both?

Any help would be appreciated.
2) struts refers to the top component of the macpherson strut that bears the weight of the car as well as incorporates the shock. People use it interchangeably, for the most part but they are slightly different. Usually for macpherson strut when you buy a replacement it comes as a strut with all the extra things attached.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering Springs? Help main-qimg-4ad312dde05a9ce933fe004f8fa1d93b-c

1) how many people make separate shocks for the civic? I'm not aware of any reputable company making any real suspension solutions for the base civics. Basically if you want to lower your car, chose anything out there; it is all basically the same taiwanese/chinese stuff. shocks need to be mated with springs. Lowering springs assume that you are poor/cheap and don't want to change your shocks, so they are shorter and not much stiffer, so you bottom out your suspension all day. If you buy separate shocks, just reach out to the companies and ask what spring rate they are valved for.

may be better to get coilovers, but again, no reputable ones out there yet. all taiwanese/chinese stuff that tends to have poor quality control, be poorly built, have silly adjustment knobs, and are not usually digressive.