First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted to get some eibach lowering springs as well as both sway bars which end up being roughly $540 on procivic and I called a mechanic for an estimate on installation and it ended up being over $600 for installation and alignment. Does that sound about right? If I'm spending $1100 on suspension then I might as well just buy coilovers to install myself. I just didn't want to deal with the springs cuz I know they can be dangerous taking off. Is there a better way to go about this or should I just go with something else overall? (I only asked the mechanic about the lowering springs, I was planning on handling the sway bars myself)
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installing the front sway bar is a massive pain, it requires dropping the whole subframe. That's why most people do it during an already expensive clutch job.

Installing springs and the RSB is easy enough to DIY if you want to save money. Just get a proper spring compressor tool.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing the front sway bar is a massive pain, it requires dropping the whole subframe. That's why most people do it during an already expensive clutch job.

Installing springs and the RSB is easy enough to DIY if you want to save money. Just get a proper spring compressor tool.
I only asked the mechanic for a quote on just the lowering springs though

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I only asked the mechanic for a quote on just the lowering springs though
Missed that part. Overpriced, should only be like a 2 hour job for a real mechanic. I did mine in about twice that time on the floor and my first time ever removing a shock.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was charged $370 for installation of Swift springs w/ alignment. I would get a few different quotes or expand your search area to find a better deal.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was charged $370 for installation of Swift springs w/ alignment.
Thats about half of what I was quoted which is extremely odd.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just edited my post to address your issue.
Yeah I'm going to expand my search I just went to those guys because they're super trusted in the area and I've been with them before and they did great work.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted to get some eibach lowering springs as well as both sway bars which end up being roughly $540 on procivic and I called a mechanic for an estimate on installation and it ended up being over $600 for installation and alignment. Does that sound about right? If I'm spending $1100 on suspension then I might as well just buy coilovers to install myself. I just didn't want to deal with the springs cuz I know they can be dangerous taking off. Is there a better way to go about this or should I just go with something else overall? (I only asked the mechanic about the lowering springs, I was planning on handling the sway bars myself)
WAY too high for spring installation. The rear sway bar is basically nothing. Front sway bar is a lot of work, as mentioned above.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like a missed op for a poll. ?

I vote for buying full coils, and DIYing. Itā€™s not too bad if youā€™re super-careful, and/or have an experienced co-mechanic to help.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Paid roughly $300 for spring instillation + alignment when I got my hatch done. Definitely call around in your area for more quotes.
Sponsored