First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looking again for the best help I can get -
We were able to put the first strut in after some forcing but the second one we can’t get the lower control/ball joint 3 bolts to match up, they’re off by about an inch away from the car however we rotate - anyone had this issue or advice?
Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering spring install help 4664A49C-C792-476E-8F03-26B965A1C8B8
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I legit wedged the handle of a hammer between the sway bar and LCA to give me fairly effortless clearance. From there, just gotta make sure the knuckle is on the strut all the way and finagle it in place.

OP
OP
GBD

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I legit wedged the handle of a hammer between the sway bar and LCA to give me fairly effortless clearance. From there, just gotta make sure the knuckle is on the strut all the way and finagle it in place.
We’ve been pushing the LCA down with foot and strut in to no luck (bolted through so I assume knuckles all the way in). Is it possible we popped the spindle out of the axle or some other error when we took out strut?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We’ve been pushing the LCA down with foot and strut in to no luck (bolted through so I assume knuckles all the way in). Is it possible we popped the spindle out of the axle or some other error when we took out strut?
Yeah, the axle can come out of the transaxle (driver’s side) or the the half-shaft (passenger’s side). You may be fighting against that. Try carefully rotating the brake disk to see if you can get the internal splines to re-set. Very little force is needed to re-link the splines! The axle should slip right in.

OP
OP
GBD

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, the axle can come out of the transaxle (driver’s side) or the the half-shaft (passenger’s side). You may be fighting against that. Try carefully rotating the brake disk to see if you can get the internal splines to re-set. Very little force is needed to re-link the splines! The axle should slip right in.
Thanks will give that a shot, it’s the passenger side.
Will there be a click or something I should feel?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks will give that a shot, it’s the passenger side.
Will there be a click or something I should feel?
Um, no, not necessarily. As you spin the rotor and lightly press in toward the engine, you’ll ‘feel’ the splines suddenly slip together (?), then the spindle should want to move closer to the inner fender well. Try your best to make sure the LCA is out of the way (having a friend to keep a foot on it helps. Just be sure to keep just enough pressure on the LCA to keep it out of the way of the lower ball joint bolts, not trying to slam it to the ground).

OP
OP
GBD

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Um, no, not necessarily. As you spin the rotor and lightly press in toward the engine, you’ll ‘feel’ the splines suddenly slip together (?), then the spindle should want to move closer to the inner fender well. Try your best to make sure the LCA is out of the way (having a friend to keep a foot on it helps. Just be sure to keep just enough pressure on the LCA to keep it out of the way of the lower ball joint bolts, not trying to slam it to the ground).
Nothing ever seems to go as easy as it seems for me but that was so easy! Fixed the issue in 15 seconds. Will still have to test drive and everything but thank you for the suggestion!

only last thing to fix as a result of our yanking is what I believe to be the wheel speed sensor below (plug goes in rear side behind rotor). Will play with that plug a little to see if it comes apart to re crimp wires
Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering spring install help 75AA8392-E9B8-43FF-A78B-F86A07670CC5

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, great, glad that worked! ??

Oh no! thats important for ABS and the virtual TPMS. If possible, best to try to fix that before driving. You should be able to disassemble it with small picks. Good luck!

OP
OP
GBD

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh, great, glad that worked! ??

Oh no! thats important for ABS and the virtual TPMS. If possible, best to try to fix that before driving. You should be able to disassemble it with small picks. Good luck!
Yeah I figured it is used in pretty much every computer calculation so dash would light up with a Christmas tree, do you know if anything would be compromised to the point I couldn’t drive “very safely” to get home after weekend

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I figured it is used in pretty much every computer calculation so dash would light up with a Christmas tree, do you know if anything would be compromised to the point I couldn’t drive “very safely” to get home after weekend
I’ll CMA by saying I don’t know how integrated that sensor is into the car (e.g., I don’t know if it will flip the car into limp mode. I don’t think it will, but ??‍♂.), so, I take no responsibility! ?

If it were me, I might take the risk, but only if I had zero other choices, and depending on the length of the drive. I’d try to fix it first. Heaven-forbid an accident occurs, but when safety systems are compromised, youre immediately at fault, I think.

Your call.
Sponsored

Reactions: GBD