Lowering HKS coilovers in the front...how much and is it possible

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB Ahhh, I finally get what you’re saying now. The Revel strut is threaded into a sleeve and to adjust the height, you loosen the ring and turn the entire strut, and that way, you’re not messing the preload of the springs. The HKS, KW and even Öhlins doesn’t have that. I see I see.

Just for comparison, I had Koni coilovers on my GTI, and it’s the same as the HKS. You adjust the height by turning the 2 rings that the springs sit on. Just make sure the springs sit snuggly. Pic below of the Koni coilvers for reference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering HKS coilovers in the front...how much and is it possible 328D6CB0-E4B4-44BA-BC38-379D2C4B4C0E
Sponsored

Last edited:

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Omfg. Dude revel turns at the bottom where it bolts into the chassis. Jesus omg lmao I don't what to do to prove it to you. I've owned both revel and hks. They are NOT the same for adjustment.

See this vid... this is how revel is adjusted. Go to 2:50 HKS does not have this...please for the love God tell me you guys get it now lmao
I understood what you were saying. I was simply saying they're different. You can always sell them if you're not happy.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understood what you were saying. I was simply saying they're different. You can always sell them if you're not happy.
Omg...lol Please look at the first and second post on the first page. I think you're misunderstanding what my question was

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB Ahhh, I finally get what you’re saying now. The Revel strut is threaded into a sleeve and to adjust the height, you loosen the ring and turn the entire strut, and that way, you’re not messing the preload of the springs. The HKS, KW and even Öhlins doesn’t have that. I see I see.

Just for comparison, I had Koni coilovers on my GTI, and it’s the same as the HKS. You adjust the height by turning the 2 rings that the springs sit on. Just make sure the springs sit snuggly. Pic below of the Koni coilvers for reference.

328D6CB0-E4B4-44BA-BC38-379D2C4B4C0E.jpeg
Lol thank you