Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I was starting to think more about lowering my car a bit. Nothing crazy, i still want to be able drive over speed bumps and such - i just want to reduce the gap a bit, since i put new rims. I don’t want rubbing neither (that shouldn’t be a problem thought since i’m using 18x8 35mm).

any suggestions for a newbie? I don’t want to spend too much money on that (it’s regular 2.0 Sport Sedan, i’m not planning to race with it) just to make it look better ??

I was reading easiest and cheapest option would be replacing the springs - correct? Any brands in particular? Nothing too crazy. What drop would be decent for my car? (I know hard to tell from pictures) - maybe you guys can put pictures of your lowered rides with specs so i can compare ??

Thank you for all suggestions! So far you guys are super helpful and understanding, i really appreciate that ☺

Picture from the side:

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering Civic - what is recommended? 0395477D-D18C-4654-91F4-AD5B05AE8C72

EDIT: after some research i found these:
Manzo USA LSHC16
https://www.buildfastcar.com/produc...wBNJlFI2S942Zajx23eGZJTKIvrNKXSsaAouCEALw_wcB

@yansag1982: I found your post in thread ‘What did you do to your civic today’ and you said they are good and ride is smooth, i like how the drop looks on pictures as well ?? Could you confirm if you still use them that no issues so far? ?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nexus713

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This info will help. Any drop less than 1”, it should work for you. If more than 1”, it will be aggressive and that you will need to add camber arm to bring back within spec.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-lowering-springs-drop-amounts-info.62953/
Thank you for advice! I saw that topic, that’s how i found these Manzo USA springs, because apparently they are made by same company like Megan (1.0/1.0 drop) but cheaper option. I don’t want to go more than 1” then, just was thinking if 1.0/1.0 will be okay to just replace springs, without any additional equipment?

also i will most likely swap them in some shop, i would replace them myself (i’m pretty handy with the repairs) but i don’t have all tools or space to do it :/ (living in apartment) - any estimate cost how much it would cost? I live in north jersey

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Eibach pro kit is the way to go, imo.

when I took my hatchback in, the shop charged me $250 to install, then another $60 for alignment a week or so later.

OP
OP
Nexus713

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Eibach pro kit is the way to go, imo.

when I took my hatchback in, the shop charged me $250 to install, then another $60 for alignment a week or so later.
Yeah i read that this is best option, but price is a little too high for me right now (considering i’ll have to pay the shop), If the quality difference is huge i guess i can wait a little more and save some money for Eibach Pro Kit

Thanks for pricing ??

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thank you for advice! I saw that topic, that’s how i found these Manzo USA springs, because apparently they are made by same company like Megan (1.0/1.0 drop) but cheaper option. I don’t want to go more than 1” then, just was thinking if 1.0/1.0 will be okay to just replace springs, without any additional equipment?

also i will most likely swap them in some shop, i would replace them myself (i’m pretty handy with the repairs) but i don’t have all tools or space to do it :/ (living in apartment) - any estimate cost how much it would cost? I live in north jersey
Drop 1” is still fine and is within the oem alignment spec. allowance. No additional kit is required. Many people go for Eibach Pro-kit, me too.

Install lowered spring can be quite tricky if never done it before. If is not installed properly, it will have noise. Furthermore, it needs to go for wheel alignment to align back to spec. For me, I paid the workshop to supply, install and alignment. So that if anything goes wrong eg. noise, etc., I can go back to the same workshop to fix it.

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Team X, I'll add a vote for Whiteline springs. Lowest price, and you don't need the camber kit, which can be marginal with the Eibach's. Less drop though - 3/4 inch all around. The Eibach's drop a bit more for a lower back end stance, but may need the camber arms. Picked these up off Unity Performance in Toronto, along with a rear sway bar and am extremely impressed. They fit perfect and for a daily driver are an excellent choice. But so are the Eibach's. :) Just adding to the discussion. Did the install myself, but have confidence to do so. No noise, no anything other than a tighter ride. Just research and take your time. Do it right. In fact I think the ride for my humble LX was improved. No thrashing on bumps as the stockers did. Tight, and controlled. Very happy. And if in the Toronto GTA, Unity is highly recommended. Good people.

OP
OP
Nexus713

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Team X, I'll add a vote for Whiteline springs. Lowest price, and you don't need the camber kit, which can be marginal with the Eibach's. Less drop though - 3/4 inch all around. The Eibach's drop a bit more for a lower back end stance, but may need the camber arms. Picked these up off Unity Performance in Toronto, along with a rear sway bar and am extremely impressed. They fit perfect and for a daily driver are an excellent choice. But so are the Eibach's. :) Just adding to the discussion. Did the install myself, but have confidence to do so. No noise, no anything other than a tighter ride. Just research and take your time. Do it right. In fact I think the ride for my humble LX was improved. No thrashing on bumps as the stockers did. Tight, and controlled. Very happy. And if in the Toronto GTA, Unity is highly recommended. Good people.
Appreciate the answer! I will definitely take a look at these as well, althought researching prices they cost between 210$ - 260$ Same like Eibach’s, I will definitely try to search more and get some good deal ??

I really don’t want to spend too much, due to some expenses coming soon (expecting first child, wedding etc ?) also i will have to pay shop to do it so cost will raise to like 500 or more with alignment and stuff. I don’t want to rush it or do it cheap for sake doing it - so this thread definitely helps researching what are the options and if i can afford it ?? So all feedback really appreciated!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We've tested the Eibach Pro-Kit, and Whiteline Springs extensively on our Si's, and are testing Swifts as well now. The most subtle drop, and lowest price point of the 3 are the Whiteline's on my Blue Si. I haven't struggled going over bumps or getting out of parking lots, plus they ride firm but not choppy which is what I was seeking. The Eibach Pro-Kit are a little lower and softer, nothing wrong with them either :)

Feel free to have a look at either: https://unity-performance.com/search?q=lowering+springs

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
Hi, I want to run coilovers at some point in the future can anyone inform me if it's drivable in the winter with light snow? Nothing too aggressive of a drop but something like 1.5" at most. Any northern folks here that can advise me. Thanks I would appreciate

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hi, I want to run coilovers at some point in the future can anyone inform me if it's drivable in the winter with light snow? Nothing too aggressive of a drop but something like 1.5" at most. Any northern folks here that can advise me. Thanks I would appreciate
1.5" is a bit much in the winter. Was running Eibach Pro's (0.9" drop) on my FC4 was decent except for back roads that wasn't plowed. My FC3 I just put Swift Springs (1.1" drop). Get a good quality coilover set, HKS, KW, unless you like blowing shocks every year lol. End of the day it's going to come down to how your area is with clearing snow. Only you can decide that.

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Sharing on the thought of coilovers. You do NOT want these for a daily driver. And definitely not in northern climates with salt and such. If you want to lower the car then go with reasonable springs that can cope with the stock or premium aftermarket shocks out there. Coilovers require a lot of maintenance, each square corner is fully adjustable and hence alignment is very specialized. Exposed to the salt will rust up solid. They are primarily intended for racing purposes, and at that they are excellent. But unless you are in a perfect weather wise area, (down south - tropics) and want minimal fuss then step away from them.

UltraMK

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic ex-t sedan, 2007 Honda Civic lx sedan
Country flag
So, I've been doing a lot of research and I think I have my planned set up narrowed down. There is a ton of knowledge on these forums so I want to get some opinions.

I'm looking at Enkei TSR-6's in 18x8.5 +38 wrapped in 245/40 (maybe 35) tires. Eibach Pro Kits to round it all out. I shouldn't have any rubbing issues right? Thanks in advance. You guys are saints for putting so much great info in these discussions.
Sponsored