Sakilla

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Looking to lower my sedan on some springs to avoid ADS cel but I've been reading on some people having problems after installation. I've heard people have been ripping their axle boots or just having weird "clunking" noises while driving. Has anyone experience more problems? I'm looking to just close the gap with some D2 springs.
Sponsored

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently had the D2 springs installed and it did throw all kinds of lights BUT it was just the sensors that wasn’t plugged in, after all the sensors were plugged in/correctly, no more lights, I haven’t gotten any clunking noises yet but so far so good

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as you. I was about to post a thread, but now I’ll watch this thread. I’ve heard also about the eibach lower springs pro-kit and sport line. I’m not looking to drop my car too much. Just want to give it a little more aggressive look, but I want to do it save and of course without voiding the warranty.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have skunk2 springs for several thousand miles now. No issues... I had mine professionally installed and have no issues and no lights etc. It's pretty widely believed that the axel boot issue is due to damage caused during installation not the lowering itself. Picture for how skunk2 springs look since they are the less popular choice. They ride great btw and I'm old and sensitive to bounce/harsh ride lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si 20180806_180615

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running the D2's for about a month now and don't have any CEL or ADS lights. I got them specifically until the ADS bypass sensor for coil-overs came out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si Galp9Pwh

tgastte

First Name
tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Here is a perfect example of D2 lowering springs no error codes, no cv boot damage n daily driving it for a year with 10k miles not a damn problem! I like the drop on weddsport sa70 wheels 18x8 et36 no rubbing on factory tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si DAEB65A2-8BE3-41D8-B1C9-A1EB96590CE5 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si 82E7BE48-EA58-472B-9F2E-CB13C2D7D509

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si 86794DEC-340C-4B93-BC4B-B46B3BAB3639

OP
OP

Sakilla

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Eibach Pro’s here. The ripped CV boot is from the installation not the ride. There are posts all over here and FB groups talking about it.

4C8A49BD-F814-46FB-9509-7BB9795C2A31.jpeg
Okay, I watched some youtube videos on other members installing springs themselves. Seems pretty simple and the cv boot issue makes more sense now that I've seen the assembly.

Next problem, I'm going to be running 18x9.5 +30 wheels wrapped around a stretched 235/40 tires. I know the sweet spot is usually around 35-40 offset. I want to run the d2 springs with the wheels but I'm terrified of buckling my fenders. I just need to camber my wheels to avoid that?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, I watched some youtube videos on other members installing springs themselves. Seems pretty simple and the cv boot issue makes more sense now that I've seen the assembly.

Next problem, I'm going to be running 18x9.5 +30 wheels wrapped around a stretched 235/40 tires. I know the sweet spot is usually around 35-40 offset. I want to run the d2 springs with the wheels but I'm terrified of buckling my fenders. I just need to camber my wheels to avoid that?
From what I have read, people have rubbing issues in the front when running D2's and wider wheels. I have read of some people having to bend one of the fender tabs for the inner wheel well to avoid rubbing. My personal opinion is that the D2's are too low and look saggy in the back, but to each their own. If you camber in your wheels, you may avoid rubbing, but you will need adjustable front camber arms for that.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Add camber and it'll fit. max out the camber to as negitive as it will go. Bend the fender tabs in the front up. and pray. lol

OP
OP

Sakilla

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Add camber and it'll fit. max out the camber to as negitive as it will go. Bend the fender tabs in the front up. and pray. lol
Yeah, I was looking for drop specs for each each spring manufacturer. I was thinking of not dropping too low since this is my daily and I drive about 80 miles a day. But I want a nice flush (not hella) fitment all around. Which would you say would be best for my needs? Was looking at Eibach Sportlines, RSR*R, and Skunk2. I like the d2 drop but hate the sag in the rear.

I was looking to get camber arms but if I'm saving to drop on a coilover system (that either cancels or works with ADS) then might as well wait. Would my fit better on any of those?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I was looking for drop specs for each each spring manufacturer. I was thinking of not dropping too low since this is my daily and I drive about 80 miles a day. But I want a nice flush (not hella) fitment all around. Which would you say would be best for my needs? Was looking at Eibach Sportlines, RSR*R, and Skunk2. I like the d2 drop but hate the sag in the rear.

I was looking to get camber arms but if I'm saving to drop on a coilover system (that either cancels or works with ADS) then might as well wait. Would my fit better on any of those?
I cant really answer that as your wheel choice is more aggressive than most 9.5 +35 rubs with D2s from what I have seen but some say it doesn't... I can say I am on 9.5 +40 with 235/40s and skunk2s and if it were lower it looks like it would rub... +30 has 10mm more poke. You will have hellaflush fitment with those wheels d2s and camber. If thats not what you are looking for that may not be the right wheel fitment for you.

OP
OP

Sakilla

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I cant really answer that as your wheel choice is more aggressive than most 9.5 +35 rubs with D2s from what I have seen but some say it doesn't... I can say I am on 9.5 +40 with 235/40s and skunk2s and if it were lower it looks like it would rub... +30 has 10mm more poke. You will have hellaflush fitment with those wheels d2s and camber. If thats not what you are looking for that may not be the right wheel fitment for you.
Hm, maybe I can try and meet someone up here in Socal and throw my wheels on to see how much I'd have to adjust.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm, maybe I can try and meet someone up here in Socal and throw my wheels on to see how much I'd have to adjust.
Check out the aggressive wheel fitment thread here is a post from there with a hatch with the fitment you are looking. Sportlines are less aggressive drop im pretty sure but dont quote me on that lol.

ENKEI KOJIN
18 x 9.5 +30
235/40/18
On sportlines

CIVIC LX.jpg
at.

kyeohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I think i may be able to help here! On d2 springs, no codes. Wheels are 18x9.5 +22 on 215/40's. No camber arms. I rub occasionally but never buckled. Im thinking about rolling the fenders eventually. My wheels come out from my fender like 5-6mm so id say your specs would be more flush with the bumper. Might be close though

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering 2018 Civic Si IMG_20181109_103307_992
Sponsored