10thgen_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hi fam, recently installed BC Racing coilovers on my 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX and need help figuring out if I need any additional parts before doing the proper alignment. I’m new to this and I went to get an alignment a week ago thinking I didn’t need anything else added to my car and I feel like I just wasted my money beczuse they only had manufactured specs, which they told me after and I didn’t think of it prior to doing it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lowered On BC Racing coilovers DD584776-683A-41BA-B8D0-B66BF0474C35
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You really need a rear camber arm kit if you drop it more than 1.5". There are tons of them out there. Without it, you should only be able to get it to -3 degrees or so. Are those the ultra low or standard coilovers? I ask because I have the standard ones on order, and was wondering just how much wheel gap I'll be able to shed. Your rear looks pretty dumped compared to the front.

I got the Skunk2 rear camber kit through Pro Civic.

Skunk2 Rear Camber Kit for Honda Civic 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 (procivic.com)

You'll see a bunch of people with Meagan Racing, Godspeed, SPC, Eibach, etc. You just have to determine your price point. Coiloverdepot.com has nearly every brand. As long as they're adjustable, they'll get you there.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine aligned without camber kits. Added a little camber to the front bc I was rubbing with my height. No issues besides obvious camber wear on tires

OP
OP
10thgen_Chris

10thgen_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You really need a rear camber arm kit if you drop it more than 1.5". There are tons of them out there. Without it, you should only be able to get it to -3 degrees or so. Are those the ultra low or standard coilovers? I ask because I have the standard ones on order, and was wondering just how much wheel gap I'll be able to shed. Your rear looks pretty dumped compared to the front.

I got the Skunk2 rear camber kit through Pro Civic.

Skunk2 Rear Camber Kit for Honda Civic 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 (procivic.com)

You'll see a bunch of people with Meagan Racing, Godspeed, SPC, Eibach, etc. You just have to determine your price point. Coiloverdepot.com has nearly every brand. As long as they're adjustable, they'll get you there.
I have the Standard kit and maxed them up and it’s funny because they rear is definitely lower than the front but both front and rear are supposed to be maxed out which would make it 2.5 in lower than stock since the standard lowers it 1” to 2.5” compared to the Extreme lows which I believe are like 2” to 3.5”. I have to double check my front again but my friend and I are pretty sure the front is maxed out.

OP
OP
10thgen_Chris

10thgen_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got mine aligned without camber kits. Added a little camber to the front bc I was rubbing with my height. No issues besides obvious camber wear on tires
Ahhh gotcha! Thanks for the reply ?

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Camber wear on tires is exactly why you swap the camber kit, so... You can drive without fixing that, but why would you unless you are tracking it?
Besides not having to buy the camber kit & liking how it looks with the camber u have rn …he does has a point lol