VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Quick explanation:

2020 Si Coupe with 19XX miles

Lowered on Eibach Pros. Got some knocking in suspension when going over moderate+ bumps. RR tracks sounds like the suspension is going to fall off unless I crawl real slow. Cut the passenger side CV boot(fixed it). When stationary, slow roll and entering ramps I pop/knocking/creaking noises when I turn the wheel left and right. When tightening the strut nut the strut shaft would spin, would spin under load as well. Noticed the front end links seemed a bit worn. Other than that it rides smooth and quiet.

When I installed the springs I also installed a Perrin RMM insert. When removing the RMM the engine shifted a little. Not sure it this had an effect.

Took it apart and went through it again. Double checked everything. Same issues.

Took it to a shop. They looked it over and checked out. Said everything looked right and tight. Get the car back, same issues. No tear down.

Took it back. Same checks. They noticed driverside spring looks about 1/4 inch out of proper seating. Other than that, same issues. No tear down.

Have some minor noise in the rear but its not bad and I'm not as worried about the rear just yet.

No alignment yet.

I ordered new stock End Links just in case...
Sponsored

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
My car is a stock 2018 hatchback with 65k miles. I been trying to track down the clunk noise in the front suspension. I've tried everything. Tore it all apart and put it back together still no luck. I think its the front sway bar banging into the control arm. I'm gonna order up some adjustable sway bar ends links and play with different lengths to see if I can get rid of the noise. I know that isn't what needs to get done but I just want to get rid of the noise. Since you are lowered have you taken a look at the adjustable sway end links? Just a thought. Good luck.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My car is a stock 2018 hatchback with 65k miles. I been trying to track down the clunk noise in the front suspension. I've tried everything. Tore it all apart and put it back together still no luck. I think its the front sway bar banging into the control arm. I'm gonna order up some adjustable sway bar ends links and play with different lengths to see if I can get rid of the noise. I know that isn't what needs to get done but I just want to get rid of the noise. Since you are lowered have you taken a look at the adjustable sway end links? Just a thought. Good luck.

I also thought maybe it was the sway bar hitting the control arm. I bought some Eibach adjustable front end links and I couldn't get them installed properly enough to feel safe. Not enough thread in either side of adjustment. Tried all kinds of things and it didn't work for me.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Front sway bar will hit the lower control arm under hard cornering. Only solution I know of is to install Whiteline lateral locks to keep the sway bar more centered. It is next to impossible to install with the bar still on the car. You will have to do nearly 90% of the job of replacing the front sway bar to install them on the inboard position of the sway bar bushings. At that point I would just upgrade the bar while I am in there though.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Front sway bar will hit the lower control arm under hard cornering. Only solution I know of is to install Whiteline lateral locks to keep the sway bar more centered. It is next to impossible to install with the bar still on the car. You will have to do nearly 90% of the job of replacing the front sway bar to install them on the inboard position of the sway bar bushings. At that point I would just upgrade the bar while I am in there though.

I can't seem to find Whiteline Lateral locks for 2020 or 2019

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
They are more of a universal part to suit OEM and aftermarket bars alike in various diameters.

For the front you you will need Whiteline part # KLL127 to suit the Si front bar which is 27mm, but trust me when I say its next to impossible to fit onto the bar while still installed on the vehicle.

Reactions: VAN

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
I installed the adjustable end links. Noise is still there. Too bad. The new adjustable pieces look nice and the ball joints were nice and firm compared to the stock ones I took off. I was really having high hopes for them.
Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues 34
Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues 35

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I bought new front end links and still the same.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Binding noise while turning the wheel has gotten worse. clunking noise when hitting dips got more frequent. Might be all the rain and humidity we got over the last two days. Sounds really bad sometimes, like something is broken or the suspension is loose. Going to try and get it into the dealer next week.

Almost at the point of buying coils but I don't know it that'll fix the problem or give me more problems plus having to spend a bunch more money.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got an alignment today. Had to go back right after because it was pulling right a little still. The second time they removed a bolt. Some of the noises are either gone or lessened. Still might end up getting coils.

Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues 15F2DC6C-094E-4518-A345-34B686B7C2DC

Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues 90EE170F-3443-43E6-8EC3-F86C652E8B4C

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Binding noise while turning the wheel has gotten worse. clunking noise when hitting dips got more frequent. Might be all the rain and humidity we got over the last two days. Sounds really bad sometimes, like something is broken or the suspension is loose. Going to try and get it into the dealer next week.

Almost at the point of buying coils but I don't know it that'll fix the problem or give me more problems plus having to spend a bunch more money.
Coils unfortunately won’t fix the problem. I would have the transmission mount checked and again the cv axle which I provided in the video.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Coils unfortunately won’t fix the problem. I would have the transmission mount checked and again the cv axle which I provided in the video.
I removed my Perrin insert a week or two ago. T mount seemed ok after the insert removal. Will probably have the dealer check the axles when I get it looked at again for shifting issues.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i went tein coils. same issue but less. i went with -0.5 degrees all around. maybe i need a little more too. some days it doesnt do it. i think something needs greased. the only ones i didnt have issues with were d2 but they were too low.