First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the street basis. Hard pillow mounts are gonna make noise on the flex z. Then again i have noise now lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Noticed this while cleaning. This explains where the alignment shop got the bolt.
Not sure if this is ok

Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues 8A866BD1-C77E-4570-9201-12CD6DADF074

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
That bolt is for aligning the strut at the factory for assembly. The alignment shop took it off so they could adjust it further.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theres a black sticker for that spot hondas got

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
I installed a strut bar hoping it would help stiffen everything up and help eliminate this noise I'm having. No luck. There's probably something loose/worn. I'm getting some abnormal tire wear on the side making noise. I'm gonna try an alignment next. I'll ask the technician to check for any loose/worn parts. I know this doesn't help a whole lot. Just wanted to update you guys on what doesn't work. That way you're not having to buy/install parts unnecessarily.......... like you know who.
Honda Civic 10th gen lowered noise struggle continues IMG_20200619_083922

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tore mine apart. Lubed the hell out of the mount. Seems fixed. Will update.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I tore mine apart. Lubed the hell out of the mount. Seems fixed. Will update.
What did you lube? Taking mine to the dealership next week.

I also thought about getting a strut bar but figured it probably wouldn't help.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when theres no tension the spring is loose inside there. Where the silver bolt is that black piece on top of the spring is rubber. Up between there.

Reactions: VAN
OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So when theres no tension the spring is loose inside there. Where the silver bolt is that black piece on top of the spring is rubber. Up between there.
Did you use spray lube?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used silicone grease i had for my sunroof tracks

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Tein Flex Z coils, and since install back in December I’ve always had a popping/knocking sound when at low speed and going over any imperfections or bumps. By low speed I mean under 25mph. This is most notable when going over a speedbump, making a turn from a stop if there’s any minor imperfection in the road, ETC. I’ve had it inspected and we even completely uninstalled and reinstalled and verified and no luck. I just accepted it and moved it. 99% it’s only from the rear.
Tein flex z setup for me is maxed low in the front, and the rear probably 60-70% low.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Tein Flex Z coils, and since install back in December I’ve always had a popping/knocking sound when at low speed and going over any imperfections or bumps. By low speed I mean under 25mph. This is most notable when going over a speedbump, making a turn from a stop if there’s any minor imperfection in the road, ETC. I’ve had it inspected and we even completely uninstalled and reinstalled and verified and no luck. I just accepted it and moved it. 99% it’s only from the rear.
Tein flex z setup for me is maxed low in the front, and the rear probably 60-70% low.
Camber needs adjusted? Pillowball mounts also make noise no matter what.

OP
OP

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Went to the dealership. They said they adjusted everything to spec. Sounded great for about 20 mins. After that it sounded worse than before I got my alignment. Took it back to the alignment shop and now it sounds ok again. They mentioned they think my strut mount plates are damaged which could explain why I get binding noises when turning the wheel because the strut can't turn smoothly.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

whats your camber set at all around? i need numbers lol
Sponsored