OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you replace those control arms yourself? I'm looking at possibly changing mine out for peace of mind but haven't found a diy video or guide.

There's a few videos on YouTube
One guy cuts a whole in the subframe -- DO NOT do this, its completely unnecessary
Sponsored

SkittleSi

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 1999 Honda Accord V6
Country flag

There's a few videos on YouTube
One guy cuts a whole in the subframe -- DO NOT do this, its completely unnecessary
Appreciate it, definitely do not want to cut a hole in the subframe. Saw a video where some guy had to remove the entire strut and brake assembly.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate it, definitely do not want to cut a hole in the subframe. Saw a video where some guy had to remove the entire strut and brake assembly.
I just watched what I think was the same video while scratching my head. Why he felt he had to take the whole knuckle off is beyond me...

@nickname thanks for these posts. It's exactly what I was looking for to go along with the service manual

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few questions, DO you have anymore NVH doing this upgrade? Did the steering feel improve? Were they able to set your alignment near perfect? My caster is way off in the front, I was going to upgrade the control arms and use the adjustable ball joints.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few questions, DO you have anymore NVH doing this upgrade? Did the steering feel improve? Were they able to set your alignment near perfect? My caster is way off in the front, I was going to upgrade the control arms and use the adjustable ball joints.
I'm using the Whiteline LCA. They come with the ball joints and anti lift kit. Not sure if there's more nvh. If there is, I haven't noticed. Steering is very precise and turn in is flatter.
Sponsored