daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So a day after i got an oil change/tire rotation, I got a low tire pressure warning while driving down the highway. I also started hearing this grinding noise when going over bumps. I searched online, and a lot of posts on different car forums said that it is suspension related. Is this something I should be worried about?

I believe the tire pressure warning was because the calibration wasn't done correctly, because I got my tires checked and front wheels balanced at discount tire.

Is the grinding noise something severe to where I shouldn't drive my car until I get it looked at?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I recall reading about a few folks having the rear shocks fail on our cars. Maybe the process of lifting the car and not having any pressure on the shock/spring changed something? You can inspect for leaking oil (from the shock) around that area, IIRC.

My experience with Discount Tire has been tip top. They seem to know their stuff and give a damn.

I hope it turns out to be a minor issue for ya'.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Anytime you rotate your tires, the TMPS is going to light up until you drive a few miles and hit the reset. Simple enough to do, look at your manual or go back to Discount Tires and watch what they do to reset it. The grinding noise isn't normal, so you should have that looked at.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recall reading about a few folks having the rear shocks fail on our cars. Maybe the process of lifting the car and not having any pressure on the shock/spring changed something? You can inspect for leaking oil (from the shock) around that area, IIRC.

My experience with Discount Tire has been tip top. They seem to know their stuff and give a damn.

I hope it turns out to be a minor issue for ya'.
Thanks! I'm going to try and take it back to the dealership as soon as I can.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anytime you rotate your tires, the TMPS is going to light up until you drive a few miles and hit the reset. Simple enough to do, look at your manual or go back to Discount Tires and watch what they do to reset it. The grinding noise isn't normal, so you should have that looked at.
I know how to calibrate the TPMS, the warning just hasn't ever come up before and it only came up after I noticed the grinding/scraping sound while driving, which made it seem like there was an issue with the tires. I am going to take it back to the dealer as soon as I can! Hopefully it's covered under warranty or something, because I only have 30k miles on my car.
Sponsored