First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello,

Recently got what I assume is premium gas from Fred Meyers. I wasn’t sure what the gas was because I was in Oregon and you’re not allowed to fill your own gas so I asked the guy to fill it with premium.

My question is... can low octane cause the car to run lean? Under any kind of load, my car typically adds 0% short term. I run a ktuner and am always monitoring fuel trims. After filling up with gas from Fred Meyers, my short term fuel trim under load is ~+3% and under heavier load the fuel trim increases to ~+7%.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Hello,

Recently got what I assume is premium gas from Fred Meyers. I wasn’t sure what the gas was because I was in Oregon and you’re not allowed to fill your own gas so I asked the guy to fill it with premium.

My question is... can low octane cause the car to run lean? Under any kind of load, my car typically adds 0% short term. I run a ktuner and am always monitoring fuel trims. After filling up with gas from Fred Meyers, my short term fuel trim under load is ~+3% and under heavier load the fuel trim increases to ~+7%.

Ethanol content can cause trims to move but yours are within the spec.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Hello,

Normal
Sponsored