First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever figure out anything about this issue?

I am having same issue when coming to a stop, sometimes car will idle at 600 unless i turn the A/C on. I always have the air on so i am thinking its the IAC Valve. 57k on the odomenter.

I have changed spark plugs, oil change, transmission fluid change, cleaned MAF, reset PCM by leaving battery unplugged. Still does it.
Have the same issues sometimes. I think it’s just related to maybe the throttle body being dirty but I haven’t looked into it. It doesn’t happen with the AC on because the AC brings the rpm up enough to not cause the shaking. At least it isn’t as violent as the RAV which keeps getting a dirty throttle body.
Sponsored

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Have the same issues sometimes. I think it’s just related to maybe the throttle body being dirty but I haven’t looked into it. It doesn’t happen with the AC on because the AC brings the rpm up enough to not cause the shaking. At least it isn’t as violent as the RAV which keeps getting a dirty throttle body.
I will try to clean the throttle body, any idea where its located on the 1.5T? Turning A/C on fixes issue for me also.

Also what year RAV4 do you have? My girlfriend has a 2019 and hasn't had many issues so far except for the transfer case TSB/Recall

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will try to clean the throttle body, any idea where its located on the 1.5T? Turning A/C on fixes issue for me also.

Also what year RAV4 do you have? My girlfriend has a 2019 and hasn't had many issues so far except for the transfer case TSB/Recall
Not sure, I found some 2.0l videos but not one for the 1.5T yet. Also not sure if it will even fix the issue for you. Might want to have someone check it out.

08 2.4l. Sadly just found out it needs to have a transmission rebuilt.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm also a bit annoyed by the infrequent rattling/vibrating of my 1.5

I always thought the AC is responsible for that, but I have just recently recognized that the AC has nothing to do with it.

Anyone had a solution for it, do you think it's worse with ECO mode on?

PS: I'm sorry if I hurt someones feeling by digging up an old thread :spaz:

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I'm also a bit annoyed by the infrequent rattling/vibrating of my 1.5

I always thought the AC is responsible for that, but I have just recently recognized that the AC has nothing to do with it.

Anyone had a solution for it, do you think it's worse with ECO mode on?

PS: I'm sorry if I hurt someones feeling by digging up an old thread :spaz:
I don’t think it has anything to do with the AC. Or the ECO mode. It’s just an electrical draw issue cuz with anything else turned in it bumps up the rpm slightly and my vibration completely stops. If im not running my heat or AC I will usually just turn on my rear defrost to stop it. Sucks

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. The real issue though as far as I'm concerned is that Honda set the warm idle speed too low. I get it - it was a fuel economy move. I'm just happy my tune eliminated the issue. It was ridiculous to have to turn the A/C on stop my passenger seat from vibrating at stop lights.
Sponsored