Low Engine Idle

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i did notice back then if you put it in P or N. the idle vibration goes away. when in D it comes back.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went for a drive and noticed with headlights, heat, heated seats, and nav running I was idling at 700 fully warm. Smooth as can be. Below 650ish is clearly the trouble spot.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it too. If I turn on climate control, it stops. I notice the passenger seat vibrating quite a bit...
My passenger seat vibrates back and fourth a lot and within the last week there is an audible vibration from it now..

Drew7397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like more people than I first expected have this problem. Sorta makes me feel better I guess. My Civic was bought back in March '16. Maybe this effects a certain range of cars built from xx to xx?
Glad to see someone else has the same issue I have. It's not all the time for me but I just recently noticed my car will idle while stopped at around 600RPM and the passenger seat will vibrate loudly to the point where I can hear it over my music if it's playing low. Has anyone gotten a solution for this yet?

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Glad to see someone else has the same issue I have. It's not all the time for me but I just recently noticed my car will idle while stopped at around 600RPM and the passenger seat will vibrate loudly to the point where I can hear it over my music if it's playing low. Has anyone gotten a solution for this yet?
Not a fix, but when it happens to me, I turn on the AC/heat and that increases the RPMs enough to stop the shaking...

Rv Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey guys, not sure if I'm the only one with the problem but for the past few days, my engine seems to be idling really low. Normally the car idles at 800 RPMs but I've been idling at 600 RPM's lately. I notice because the car vibrates more so than it would if it idled at 800 RPM.

Two days ago I changed the oil on my Civic with Mobil1 0W-20 oil, like the car recommends. I also added a K&N oil filter during the process. I doubt this is the cause as to why the car idles so low. I've linked the oil below.

It has been getting colder where I live, though not that cold (45 degrees Fahrenheit).

Is there a computer problem with the car? A mechanical issue? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out?

Thanks for any responses.

The oil I used:
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-extended-performance
Hi Friend. 1. Check the Engine Air filter, as it gets clogged easily due to oily filter so engine don't breath properly it stalls on idle. 2. air sensor need cleaning. use only genuine cleaner from Canadian tire or Honda. 3. Use good gasoline e.g. Costco or Shell. 4. Disconnect battery and reconnect after 10 min. let it reboot computer. 5. check engine oil level, if too low might stall the engine on idle. Hopefully it will be fine. Other then that Dealer can help.

Rv Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Not a fix, but when it happens to me, I turn on the AC/heat and that increases the RPMs enough to stop the shaking...
hi check engine air filter, gets easy clogged as oily filter. air sensor need cleaning use good gasoline from costco or shell . check engine oil level. CLEAN THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR with CLEANER FROM CANADIAN TIRE. disconnect and reconnect battery and let computer reboot it self. if still not fine. Dealer can help.

Last edited:

Rv Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Mine has been doing the same thing for a while now. It dips to 500 coming to a complete stop and just sitting in traffic. Shifting to Park/Neutral puts the RPM back to where it's suppose to be though and it stops vibrating as bad.

I want to note that I do not have a catch can.
Hi check and replace: engine air filter, air sensor, gasoline quality, Mass air flow sensor cleaning required, fuel injector cleaning required. engine oil level, disconnect battery and reconnect for computer reboot. Hopefully helps.

Last edited:

Rv Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey guys, not sure if I'm the only one with the problem but for the past few days, my engine seems to be idling really low. Normally the car idles at 800 RPMs but I've been idling at 600 RPM's lately. I notice because the car vibrates more so than it would if it idled at 800 RPM.

Two days ago I changed the oil on my Civic with Mobil1 0W-20 oil, like the car recommends. I also added a K&N oil filter during the process. I doubt this is the cause as to why the car idles so low. I've linked the oil below.

It has been getting colder where I live, though not that cold (45 degrees Fahrenheit).

Is there a computer problem with the car? A mechanical issue? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out?

Thanks for any responses.

The oil I used:
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-extended-performance
Try: New air filter, Clean Air mass flow sensor (Canadian tire has cleaner), New engine oil. Try disconnect the battery and reconnect to boot the computer. Try better gas station. Try fuel injector cleaner too.. Mine is ok after all above things done. Before it was idle at 600rpm and vibrating. Now 800 and smooth.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Honda will not fix and its very annoying... Did anyone specifically disconnect the battery and did that help at all?

Rav1

First Name
Rav1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 touring
Country flag
- Low Engine Idle Solution:

Issue: Low engine idle (most observed in hot weather, it comes and goes) car vibrates rough idle at 600rpm. CVT rough response and car jerks very little during RUN and STOP.
(NOTE: The best rpm are 800rpm or 900rpm)
(This is the issue in my 2016 Honda Civic Touring TURBO 1.5Liter)

I fixed it by following the solution i have found. It works for me, hope for you gys too.

SOLUTION:

1. Press the button FRONT defrost inside the weather control switch. The Low engine idle e.g. 600 rpm will become immediately 800-850rpm. Engine power will be constant and CVT transmission will response immediately. works 100% till you have FRONT weather Defrost button ON.

2. Press ON the AUTO = Auto control weather and SYNC = Synchronize control weather buttons. The Low engine idle e.g. 600 rpm will become immediately 800rpm. Engine power will be good and CVT transmission will response good. Works 95% till both buttons are ON.

- It looks there is a connection between some of the power functions with engine & CVT power. If you go to dealer they will not fix it. they will play with you and try to get money out of you, that problems of spark plug, filter, injector, software, carburetor, bad gas, timing belt etc. etc.

- Request: Some one please write to Honda engineers or the CEO of Honda company to fix properly.

Rav1

First Name
Rav1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 touring
Country flag
Low Engine Idle Solution:

Issue: Low engine idle (most observed in hot weather, it comes and goes) car vibrates rough idle at 600rpm. CVT rough response and car jerks very little during RUN and STOP.
(NOTE: The best rpm are 800rpm or 900rpm)
(This is the issue in my 2016 Honda Civic Touring TURBO 1.5Liter)

I fixed it by following the solution i have found. It works for me, hope for you gys too.

SOLUTION:

1. Press the button FRONT defrost inside the weather control switch. The Low engine idle e.g. 600 rpm will become immediately 800-850rpm. Engine power will be constant and CVT transmission will response immediately. works 100% till you have FRONT weather Defrost button ON.

2. Press ON the AUTO = Auto control weather and SYNC = Synchronize control weather buttons. The Low engine idle e.g. 600 rpm will become immediately 800rpm. Engine power will be good and CVT transmission will response good. Works 95% till both buttons are ON.

- It looks there is a connection between some of the power functions with engine & CVT power. If you go to dealer they will not fix it. they will play with you and try to get money out of you, that problems of spark plug, filter, injector, software, carburetor, bad gas, timing belt etc. etc.

- Request: Some one please write to Honda engineers or the CEO of Honda company to fix properly.
Sponsored