low boost problem

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
hello, recently scaled in my factory MAF to achieve better stft and managed to get it closer to zero while also maintaining a solid .49 knock control even at WOT red line. but looking at my boost table i am trying to target 17.5 psi at 3000rpm at WOT but for some reason i was only reaching 13.9 psi. any ideas why? when i was scaling the maf the calculations of the averages were all in the - and im yet to finish 3.2v upwards as my first log didnt give me any data to go by. could this be the reason why im not hitting full boost? ive attached a photo.

cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen low boost problem ktuner boost table
Sponsored

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Using the factory ramp setting would explain why you're starting the ramp at a lower boost level.
Thznk you ktuner i changed to aggresive and that sorted the boost problem. This is a bit off topic but when i was scaling my MAF i could not get any data for after 4.2v. Is this because my system runs in closed loop when im in WOT? If this is the case do i then have to reduce these MAF targets on the difference between my AFR vs AFR cmd ?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
stock turbo maxed out pretty much so it won't go more than that but if you upgrade your turbo then you may wanna upgrade the MAF sensor too when time comes.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
but if you upgrade your turbo then you may wanna upgrade the MAF sensor
I think you mean MAF housing to the PRL race, not the sensor itself.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thznk you ktuner i changed to aggresive and that sorted the boost problem. This is a bit off topic but when i was scaling my MAF i could not get any data for after 4.2v. Is this because my system runs in closed loop when im in WOT? If this is the case do i then have to reduce these MAF targets on the difference between my AFR vs AFR cmd ?
If you didn't pass 4.2v you won't see any data for it.