First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Hi All,

I just purchased a 2020 civic sport and I noticed that there is no low beam indicator on the dashboard. It may be a stupid question but has this posed a problem to anybody?

Thanks
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There definitely is a low beam indicator. And there is a high beam one too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Low beam indicator 8B04FB2B-7E45-4E49-9879-0435A03450A1

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
OP is technically right. That indicator will turn on even with just DRL and the marker/tail light on, but low beam off. That's "position 1" on the light switch control stick. So it's actually a marker/tail light indicator instead of a low beam indicator.

I also notice if you set to auto, it will never turn on just marker/tail light. It's just either DRL or low beam. I like using just these two lights manually when driving sunrise/sunset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crazy Kanga

Crazy Kanga

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP is technically right. That indicator will turn on even with just DRL and the marker/tail light on, but low beam off. That's "position 1" on the light switch control stick. So it's actually a marker/tail light indicator instead of a low beam indicator.

I also notice if you set to auto, it will never turn on just marker/tail light. It's just either DRL or low beam. I like using just these two lights manually when driving sunrise/sunset.
Thanks for your answer!

w1ck3dme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Hatchback
Country flag

position 1 is actually parking light mode. You get off, parking, low beams and auto by turning the stalk end. DRL is always on once you start driving. Please don’t drive with parking lights on

OP
OP
Crazy Kanga

Crazy Kanga

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
position 1 is actually parking light mode. You get off, parking, low beams and auto by turning the stalk end. DRL is always on once you start driving. Please don’t drive with parking lights on
Noticed. But then again, there is no specific indicator for low beams on the dashboard. Not an issue at all, it is just weird to me.

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Please don’t drive with parking lights on
Just want to clarify we are talking about the same lights. I believe your parking lights are the same as my marker/tail lights.

Then why wouldn't I drive with them on? If you have low beam on, they are also on at same time, you just can't turn them off.

May be it's different in the states. Here there is actually a law requires you to turn on at least the parking lights when driving half hour before and after sunset, or under condition like heavy rain, fog, or snow, even it's still day time and with just DRL on. Though most people just turn on low beam all together and don't bother with just the parking lights.
Sponsored