Solus

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fc3
Country flag
Vehicle is at 7200 miles odometer, and the dash said low battery after being in accessory mode for an hour and 30 minutes when installing my hacked hondata, that finished on time. Vehicle now won't start. Is this normal I started to charge the battery just now. This is a 19 si, dont drive it as much though. Did my down & front pipe today also.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Well yeah, you let the car drain the battery without the alternator being able to charge it so it ran out of juice. I accidentally did this too when I was changing out a radiator and valve cover on my wife's car. Totally forgot I had left my car in accessory mode.

Charging it works too but you could just jump it, start the car and let it run for about 10min and it should be good to go again.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you don't have a charger or can't get a jump start, let it sit overnight and see if it'll recover enough to start.

Last edited:

GWX777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2018
Country flag
It's normal to drain the battery like that if you had it in ACC mode or ON mode for a longer time. If you had the blower/fan on, then that'd also cause the battery to drain. I also had the same issue once while I was working on installing some apps to the head-unit.

I was unable to crank the engine so what I did was to let the car switched off for few hours to regain some charge and it worked.
I was able to start the car and then I plugged it to a 12V car charger.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Doing that will hurt the battery more after a deep discharge. Jumping or waiting and starting it is good, but if you’re going to do that, drive it for a bit afterwards to put some good charge back into the battery before turning it off again. Your best bet would be putting it on a charger to bring it back up before trying to start it again.
Sponsored