Loved the new EX. But the Mazda 3 has a great deal??

Gregdpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does fusion
I test drove the Mazda 3 isport and the new civic ex the other day. The civic was way more comfortable and responsive. I am looking to lease and the Mazda 3 came out to 209 a month with 400 due at signing. While the civic ex came out to 315 with zero due at signing. I am pretty torn on this one. Or should I kinda look into buying the civic? Thanks guys
Sponsored

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
If you can swing it without an issue financially, then ask yourself this question:

Would you rather spend $200 a month and regret it every time you drive the car? Or would you rather spend $300 a month and not second guess your decision constantly?

Peace of mind is priceless.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Everybody can argue how great the Mazda3 is. Lot's of online "enthusiasts" love the Mazda3 and the 6 for that matter, even if they haven't driven one.

But, the fact is Mazda doesn't sell any where the number of 3's as it's competitors. There's a reason for it, and there's a reason good deals can be had on the car. Other cars are more desirable. period. Sure the online enthusiasts are gonna come in here and extol the virtues of the 3.

You get what you pay for. I have owned several Mazda's in the past. I had bad experiences with a few of them, and so-so experiences with the rest. Me personally, I am still not convinced that they are a great car company. I'll pay more for a Honda.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I had a 2014 Mazda 3 GT hatch and it was a great car but I found the interior very tight. $209 and $315 is a big difference to me at least. When is comes to reliability Honda over Mazda but since your leasing that doesn't matter.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I really enjoy the Civic. But $100/mo is a pretty big gap. The question to ask is whether you can live without the features you get in the Civic. For me, being a lease, I would have no problem defecting to Mazda and it's fun-to-drive character for a few years.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
33% more is a lot for someone for whom it's only a car. But if you are going to keep it for a long time get the civic. Better resale value, solid and looks great. You already know it's better all around.
But don't kill urself for a car if you don't have to.

GearGrind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 WRX 6mt ISM, 13 BRZ (Vortech S/C) 6mt
Although i drive subaru(s) and fan at heart, having my first two car with honda i'm sure i will get another one in the future. I can't see myself driving a mazda, they are a bit... boring after a year of release.

OP
OP

Gregdpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does fusion
I ended up going with the Mazda 3. It's a great car for the money. Maybe when the lease is up there will be a better lease deal on the civics. Thanks

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up going with the Mazda 3.
Congrats. That's a great car that's fun to drive. Price is and should be a major factor when car shopping. One of the things that influences price is timing. If you need a car now, the Mazda3 is a better bargain. In a few months the supply/demand for the Civic may change the pricing, but between the Civic and the Mazda3 there is no bad choice.

OP
OP

Gregdpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does fusion
Yeah for the money it was good. I do think about driving that civic ex all the time. Yep the timing just wasn't good. Maybe in three years. Thanks guys.
Sponsored