Loved the CTR but moving on…

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
My wife hated my CTR and only rode it once, too. We traded in her MDX for a Panamera. She loves it.

I moved on to a ZL1 1LE MT.

This is one of my favorite forums and I like to check it sporadically.

I hope you find a good BMW. That model is pretty impressive.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will miss you, but totally get it, very different experience. My wife never drives the CTR but loves riding in it. Glad you are looking for a manual. Good luck on your search.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
If you're interested in the M2, the YouTube guy "Gjeebs" from Arizona I believe would entertain a buyer. He has a low mile 2019 M2 that he's babied and barely driven since he's mostly producing video content on Teslas. I've talked with him before, he's a cool guy and if you were interested in buying one that's mainly all stock, PPF'd head to toe and ceramic coated, give him a ping on Instagram

Edit: it's a 6 speed M2, not automatic
Edit 2: he's looking to get 50-54k for it

Last edited:

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
I had a MINT e93 6 speed MT black convertible with the sport package...loved it...I also had a rare mint E34 Hartge H5 5 speed V8 also and an e30 4 door with a custom M3 bodykit on it slammed on 19's...loved them all...but the CTR LE is way more fun to drive for me and handeling there is NO comparison...the M3's are nice and i hope to own one someday!

OP
OP
BryanCO

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
While waiting for a new Golf R (one guy in front of me at my local dealer), I went is a slightly different direction…. 2017, one owner, super pampered, never driven in the rain, 5200 miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Loved the CTR but moving on… 0AFCD560-DB47-4292-AAB1-4E0AEB2BF982

Honda Civic 10th gen Loved the CTR but moving on… D5854425-9F98-4885-A01F-431DFE8594B5

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks the business.
Congrats.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Enjoy man YOLO!

Great fun to drive a totally different car around now and again. Post up impressions after you have some wheeltime. And don't forget -

This is IMPORTANT

If you leave a Cars And Coffee meet with women and children hanging around and such. You want to turn the wheel full 90 degrees when leaving a parking lot and just floor it. Like till your foot hurts from punching it. Then just let your hands off the wheel.

It is the way.

You have to uphold Mustang tradition, I don't make the rules man I just am here to make sure you adhere to them...

F ull Send
O r you're a wanker
R eally it's true
D o it!!!

OP
OP
BryanCO

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Looks the business.
Congrats.
Thanks!
i love hearing that voodoo scream
Ya, it’s pretty amazing.

You've had (and have) some great cars, Bryan!
Thanks Doug. Very fortunate.

Enjoy man YOLO!

Great fun to drive a totally different car around now and again. Post up impressions after you have some wheeltime. And don't forget -

This is IMPORTANT

If you leave a Cars And Coffee meet with women and children hanging around and such. You want to turn the wheel full 90 degrees when leaving a parking lot and just floor it. Like till your foot hurts from punching it. Then just let your hands off the wheel.

It is the way.

You have to uphold Mustang tradition, I don't make the rules man I just am here to make sure you adhere to them...

F ull Send
O r you're a wanker
R eally it's true
D o it!!!
Haha. I guess I’ll have to start going to C&C’s…. The car does seem to encourage hoonigan behavior…

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Congratulations! Fellow GT350(R) owner here - you will LOVE that damned thing! So wild, so rowdy, so precise, so incredible to drive. And just plain fun!

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
I went the other way around, from the GT350 to the Type R :cool:

I bought a new 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. Engine failed at 720 miles in less a month. I had Ford buy it back under CA Lemon Law because they had to replace the whole long block engine with an anonymous unit with no builder plate. Ultimately Ford recalled the issue but it was too late for me and many others who had this premature failure. They didn't activate the secondary timing chain tensioner on some 2019 and 2020 models. That led to the cylinders eating valves and cam followers after the chain broke. 2017 doesn't have this issue.

It's a fabulous car and I miss that naturally aspirated cross plane engine growl. Enjoy it!

I love the Type R and I really enjoy driving it and now modding it. It's the car that introduced me to my new track hobby.

Here's a thread that documents my GT350 engine failure and buy back:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-2020-gt350-hep-engine-failure.152495/

Honda Civic 10th gen Loved the CTR but moving on… sam3_gt350he

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
Beautiful car. I almost bought a 2019 GT350 but I heard too many horror stories of Ford hassling owners on engine warranty claims.

Went with the Chevy and never had an issue. The LT4 has been rock solid but that Voodoo motor... it sounded amazing.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Sam3 - sorry to hear you got one of those engines! I remember freaking out and checking mine (a 2020) when those threads about the cam chain tensioner first popped up (thankfully, the tensioner was installed properly).

voiddweller - looks like you ended up with a super badass ZL1 1LE? Awesome. The reality is that Ford has been pretty good about replacing GT350 engines with little hassle unless tuned or modified. The problem, of course, is that the Voodoo engines definitely seem to be more fragile than your average performance car engine.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Maybe its just me, but Mustangs....I dont know. Maybe i need to drive one. If you like it its all good
Sponsored