Loud whoosing noise coming from engine bay

franciscociv

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hey guys, so I have a 2017 Honda Civic ext and I have a mishimoto intake, exhaust and the hondata +6psi tune on the car. When pushing my car to the limits I believe something came off and now it is making an annoying whooshing noise whenever I speed up. Down below are pictures of the what I believe has become loose and are causing this noise. If anyone knows what piece it is and how to help I’d appreciate it! And it’s 100% not my intake noise because that’s not how it sounds and it’s coming from the right side of the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Loud whoosing noise coming from engine bay image

Honda Civic 10th gen Loud whoosing noise coming from engine bay image

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Pic #1 appears to be the PCV ventilation tube
Pic #2 looks to be an Open mounting location (I believe that is the way the 1.5L come with that location looking like it's missing a screw).

Bottom Line: You are losing pressure. Certainly would be at a minimum that "torn" hose in Pic #1. Remove the hose, take it to a parts store and replace it with a comparable piece. If that doesn't correct your issue, look at the other pressure hoses in the system and ensure they are taught and functional.

First one to check is your Hot Side rubber hose from the turbo; you could very well have a tear or loose connection.
Check the WG hoses as well - they are Oh-So small.