Loud pop/clicking from front end

IndyHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord EXL V6 coupe
I have just over 1,000 miles on my Civic and this weekend started hearing some odd sounds. I've had Honda cars for 20+ years, covering 10+ models, and this is sound is new to me.

When I make a hard left turn the front driver's side suspension makes a pop or clicking sound. The sound is not continuous, but maybe 1-3 times and then stops as I straighten out the wheels. I've dealt with bad cv joints and it's not loud or as bad as that, but similar in that it makes the noise in similar situations. Turning right--no sound and all seems good. I can also hear this sound when going over speed bumps, curbs in driveway, or any dip in the road that may cause the car to have some suspension flex.

The ride is still smooth, as it should be, but there shouldn't be a popping sound over and over, so I am taking it to the dealership on Wednesday.

Anyone else had any issues or sounds like this that could give some feedback for me? Thanks.
Sponsored

willymtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Sounds like some problems with suspension. I just took my civic to dealer for inspection because of a loud popping sound when going through speed bumps or irregular road conditions. They told me the rear left suspension is damaged and ordered the part. Thank god it is under warranty, but I am so upset. This things should not happen on a 1000 mile car.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Sounds like some problems with suspension. I just took my civic to dealer for inspection because of a loud popping sound when going through speed bumps or irregular road conditions. They told me the rear left suspension is damaged and ordered the part. Thank god it is under warranty, but I am so upset. This things should not happen on a 1000 mile car.
Hello, do you know what part? thanks

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Did this fix the issue? Iv been trying to get this issue fixed for some time.

Warp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2017
Country flag
Asking some help to all the masters. I hear some clinking sound on my car espicialy on red light then accelerate . Car has 42000km i brought it to the dealer they say nothing wrong with the car there’s no clicking sound but i can hear this clicking sound on my car. Just wondering where that sound from.TIA

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had the same exact problem. Rocks somehow found their way between the subframe and steering rack. The tech took 4 weeks to fix this issue. I'll post pics of the RO later
Sponsored