Saadk4

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
I have a loud intake noise when I press the accelerator slowly or rapidly it stops around 2k RPM and when I do a rapid acceleration it’s there for less than a second. I have no aftermarket intake. All I have is a BOV and I’ve cut my mufflers and resonator.

Any ideas on what it could be?
Sponsored

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Does it sound like a whoosh, then it could be just the bov, or it could be a rattle somewhere.

OP
OP
Saadk4

Saadk4

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
Does it sound like a whoosh, then it could be just the bov, or it could be a rattle somewhere.
It’s a wooshing noise but then when I let off the throttle the BOV goes off. This only started happening recently

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
It’s a wooshing noise but then when I let off the throttle the BOV goes off. This only started happening recently
Hmmm check the intake and make sure everything is tightened correctly and there is no leaks. See if that helps. If not inspect the bov or the bov hose for leaks. A video with the noise would help a lot.

Thanks

OP
OP
Saadk4

Saadk4

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
Hmmm check the intake and make sure everything is tightened correctly and there is no leaks. See if that helps. If not inspect the bov or the bov hose for leaks. A video with the noise would help a lot.

Thanks
Okay, I’ll look into it and get a video. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
Saadk4

Saadk4

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx hatchback
Country flag

Thanks
So I checked the hoses and bolts everything looks good. I tried getting a video of it but it wasn’t happening. It comes and goes.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
that sounds like turbo spool with the BOV noise at the end

OP
OP
Saadk4

Saadk4

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
that sounds like turbo spool with the BOV noise at the end
You can hear the turbo spool and the BOV but it’s the noise right before it. It comes and goes. It’s like a loud rush of air.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
You can hear the turbo spool and the BOV but it’s the noise right before it. It comes and goes. It’s like a loud rush of air.
i barely hear it, but i wouldnt be worried. you checked the intake, open the airbox and make sure the filter is in tight and the fittings are good again. Then check the intercooler to make sure those arent leaking. If there was a leak you would see performance loses or even a CEL. In the off chance it is something, the issues is probably in the intake systemlike the airbox but my guess is it's fine. When did the noise start?

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
It sounds ok to me, as long as no CEL I think you may be ok.
Sponsored