Lots of hate from previous GEN Si's

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I had an RSX for 10 years. The low end torque makes this SI a fantastic car to daily drive. I don't care about NA VTEC anymore (unless they turbo that too). Not to mention all the standard features on this 10th gen. No regrets at all.
Sponsored

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I had an RSX for 10 years. The low end torque makes this SI a fantastic car to daily drive. I don't care about NA VTEC anymore (unless they turbo that too). Not to mention all the standard features on this 10th gen. No regrets at all.
Same here. Couldn’t care less about VTEC. The low -mid rpm power is much better for normal driving in town and on the freeway. Whenever there are changes, the people with the older gen cars McLain and say the new ones are worse. Happens in every brand. corvette, Camaro, Mustang and Honda.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I had a 8th gen k20 for 10 years and while I loved that car the 10th gen 2019 Si I own now I love even more, I don't need to mash the pedal and rev it to the heavens to get it to move around on a daily basis, it is roomier and more practical as a family car and daily driver. I must admit I was a skeptic as well with the 1.5T engine however once I drove it I got exactly why Honda did what they did. I like my Si so much I am actually considering trading in my Ridgeline to get a second one. :agree:
Just wanted to give a high five to another ridgy owner :) I am waiting a tick to hopefully get my si, but i am keeping my ridgy for towing etc.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
As a long time time Toyota owner (more than 25 years of trouble free ownership), this was my first Honda, and as a non-enthusiast had I been in the market in 2015 for a new car, the previous Gen Si would have not even caught my eye. In 2018 I was in the market for either a 2018 Camry SE or a used Lexus IS 350. A Civic Sport hatchback caught my eye, I started to do research which led me to the Si and more than 3 months of research. For me unless it's a NA V6 (my previous car), I prefer the power in the mid-range than having to rev it out. One of the cars I looked at and test drove was the Mazda 6 (non-turbo) and it was just so underpowered, I had to rev it out to get anything out of it. I have no hate for the previous gen Si's, but I prefer the turbo over having to activate VTEC to get things going

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
IMO there hasn't been a good Si since 2000. Although I have seen some pretty fire 8th gen coupes.

IMO the 10th gen Si handles much better then the 8th and 9th gen Si.
Definitely, at least on the street. I haven't tracked any of the 3, but on the street I agree.

Also had an RSX for years, as well as a couple very modified Integras (including a built high compression NA motor with ITR head that pulled a 13.9 quarter mile). The powerband on this new turbo motor is just so, so much better than any of the VTEC engines I've ever driven.

But revving to 8600 was super cool, I won't lie.

OP
OP

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
IMO there hasn't been a good Si since 2000. Although I have seen some pretty fire 8th gen coupes.

Definitely, at least on the street. I haven't tracked any of the 3, but on the street I agree.

Also had an RSX for years, as well as a couple very modified Integras (including a built high compression NA motor with ITR head that pulled a 13.9 quarter mile). The powerband on this new turbo motor is just so, so much better than any of the VTEC engines I've ever driven.

But revving to 8600 was super cool, I won't lie.

I Agree 100% in regards to the 2000 Si. The EM1 will always be my favorite Si I wish I would have kept mine.
Sponsored